Autopsy AFL 2020 Premiership Season Second Elimination Final - Saints v Dogs Sat October 3rd 4:40pm AEST (Gabba) Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 46 35.1%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

For some reason I thought it was the Dogs who won this year, which factored into my tip of the Dogs. But if the Saints won then I think I'll favour them. But it's a hard one to pick, depends on who's better on the day obviously.
So if it was the eagles vrs the sun's you would go for the suns hypothetically? 🙄

For some reason I thought it was the Dogs who won this year, which factored into my tip of the Dogs. But if the Saints won then I think I'll favour them. But it's a hard one to pick, depends on who's better on the day obviously.

In 2018 they belted us. We belted them the first week back after the hiatus but they were a different side back then.

Our form has been sketchy in the second half of the season. Doggies seem to be in form at the right time and would feel relatively confident going up against us.

Under Ratts we've played them twice, for a 27 point win last year, and a 39 point win this year, so you've got to think that he's got a fair idea of what it takes to stop them playing the way they want to play, and that we have the personnel to pull it off.

It all starts in the midfield and at the ruck contests, and you'd think Ryder and Marshall will be kicking their lips at the prospect of taking on English and Bruce there again.

I think Ratts is a great coach but I wouldn’t suggest his game plan was responsible for you guys winning the last two against us. He had been in charge for about 5 days when you guys beat us. Last year we had an issue with not getting up for games we thought would be easy. Lost to Gold Coast, Carlton, and North in dismal displays.

Our extreme inconsistency continues this year.

I could see this game playing out in so many ways. Huge win to the saints, big dog victory, or anywhere in between.

Just hope it’s a cracker and both teams come to play for four quarters.

I could see this game playing out in so many ways. Huge win to the saints, big dog victory, or anywhere in between.

Just hope it’s a cracker and both teams come to play for four quarters.
The week off will do both clubs good.

It is a genuine 50/50 game with both sides having strengths and weakness but playing attacking and good footy, It will be a close one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My heart says St Kilda but

my head says the Saints.

Can't see Bevo changing his game plan which means it will allow us to play our preferred style and as a result Ryan Gardner and Alex Keath in for a hard night.

My heart says St Kilda but

my head says the Saints.

Can't see Bevo changing his game plan which means it will allow us to play our preferred style and as a result Ryan Gardner and Alex Keath in for a hard night.
Libba isn't letting it get down there that much. He was not there last time, nor was Hunter or Wood and a few others. It is a different team on completely different form.

Doubt Saints get freedom to do whatever they want

Libba isn't letting it get down there that much. He was not there last time, nor was Hunter or Wood and a few others. It is a different team on completely different form.

Doubt Saints get freedom to do whatever they want
Yeah but when we played you when about half our team was playing their second game together.

Results against the top 4 this season

St Kilda 2 wins two losses (including 2 point loss to Lions)

WB - 0 wins 4 losses.

St Kilda marginally better score for and against. The way the Doggies play suits our style much better than say teams like Geelong.

In the end I expect a close game - will go down to the wire.

Yeah but when we played you when about half our team was playing their second game together.

Results against the top 4 this season

St Kilda 2 wins two losses (including 2 point loss to Lions)

WB - 0 wins 4 losses.

St Kilda marginally better score for and against. The way the Doggies play suits our style much better than say teams like Geelong.

In the end I expect a close game - will go down to the wire.
Round 2 is irrelevant.

If you want to throw those sort of stats, dogs have been the highest scoring side in the last 6 weeks

Brisbane's kicking was the only reason they did not belt the saints

Saints in a final worries me, for historic reasons. If the dogs bring the heat all game then our talent should be too much

Back