Autopsy AFL 2020 R2 Pies V Tigers Thursday 11th 7:40pm AEST (MCG) Teams Announced

Who will win and by how much?

• Richmond by a goal or less

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Collingwood by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Richmond by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Collingwood by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Richmond by a lot

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • Collingwood by a lot

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

if it wasn't for the break, I would actually be leaning to the Pies, they appeared to run their whole pre-season aimed to hit the ground running at the start of the season.

More scratch matches than most etc. it just seemed that they were a week or two ahead of everyone in their prep going into the season. Unfortunately for them, that is all out the window now...

Reality is, no one knows what anyone's prep is like, so it's just pot luck in games with similar based opponents.

Hence I'm back on the tigs!

if it wasn't for the break, I would actually be leaning to the Pies, they appeared to run their whole pre-season aimed to hit the ground running at the start of the season.

More scratch matches than most etc. it just seemed that they were a week or two ahead of everyone in their prep going into the season. Unfortunately for them, that is all out the window now...

Reality is, no one knows what anyone's prep is like, so it's just pot luck in games with similar based opponents.

Hence I'm back on the tigs!
It was a hard to pick game that's now got even more layers of uncertainty.

Sadly I'm still not quite all that excited yet, hoping that will build but it just doesn't feel the same as usual.

it's certainly closer than the $1.65 v $2.15 or whatever it is now....

I'd have it $1.75 v $1.90 or something similar

Battle of the protected species!
Tigers are indeed protected species as they are considered endangered animals. Magpies are in the "Least Concern" category meaning that there are plenty of them, but they are still considered a protected species in Australia.

Wildlife conservation is certainly considered a "battle" as there are a number of obstacles we have to overcome in order to save a species from extinction. I'm with you, let's highlight the battles of these protected species!

Battle of the protected species!

if being last in free kicks means we are protected, what does being 1st in free kicks for the pies make them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking through this thread...

Comments all come from fans of 3 teams.

Richmond and Collingwood fans who are looking forward to the game and both think it'll be close, with a little, mostly respectful, banter.

and of course Weagles fans sooking it up. They really have gone beyond salty and crossed into pathetic and delusional.

Richmond and Collingwood fans who are looking forward to the game and both think it'll be close, with a little, mostly respectful, banter.

and of course Weagles fans sooking it up. They really have gone beyond salty and crossed into pathetic and delusional.
Yeah they're worse than Geelong at the moment & that's pretty embarrassing... Chris sook Scott would be proud of them weagle fans.

Look at you hey, up there your high horse as per usual, maybe you should thank your fellow supporter tiger-mopsy from post #8 on the Suns v WC thread.

Last edited:
Harder to pick than a broken nose, if I were a betting man I'd purely look at the odds.

Both teams are similar in that they pressure opposition and then transition on the spread. More so the Tiges just bully the contest forward until the oppo turns over the pill. Pies just suffocate the opposition and outnumber on the outside, requires more two way running than other systems and positional set up but is difficult to defeat.

A game of strategy and contest, will likely be won in the coaches box - seeing there'll be less of them. Dimma and Bucks have their work cut out.

From a Pies perspective they have a very versatile list and will likely see Billy and the Goey have midfield minutes, and I imagine Dusty will be used similarly to the Goey. Unpredictability to the oppo is key for the Pies in this one.

Is Bachar still under an injury cloud? Can tiger posters confirm if he'll play? Gives them great rebound from D50 / HB similarly like Crispy and Maynard for the pies. If he's not available and that's the tipping point I don't know but I'd doubt that.

Should be a fascinating game.

Sitting on the fence, can't determine a winner here.

Harder to pick than a broken nose, if I were a betting man I'd purely look at the odds.

Both teams are similar in that they pressure opposition and then transition on the spread. More so the Tiges just bully the contest forward until the oppo turns over the pill. Pies just suffocate the opposition and outnumber on the outside, requires more two way running than other systems and positional set up but is difficult to defeat.

A game of strategy and contest, will likely be won in the coaches box - seeing there'll be less of them. Dimma and Bucks have their work cut out.

From a Pies perspective they have a very versatile list and will likely see Billy and the Goey have midfield minutes, and I imagine Dusty will be used similarly to the Goey. Unpredictability to the oppo is key for the Pies in this one.

Is Bachar still under an injury cloud? Can tiger posters confirm if he'll play? Gives them great rebound from D50 / HB similarly like Crispy and Maynard for the pies. If he's not available and that's the tipping point I don't know but I'd doubt that.

Should be a fascinating game.

Sitting on the fence, can't determine a winner here.
I wouldn't have thought Houli plays. It's unusual for us to play players if there is a risk of aggravating an injury. Given our injury list is rather short and while the season is shortened, there's still a long way to go, I can't see us going against that mantra.
Will be interesting to see if Collingwood try the methodical, marking style they used early last year.

If the game was played as originally planned, I would've been surprised to see us win. We just took care of business in R1 while the pies were right on. With nearly 3 months off by game day it makes it almost a flip of the coin as I think the main thing that separates the two teams is just the form they enter the game with. No form to really go off makes that difficult.

I wouldn't have thought Houli plays. It's unusual for us to play players if there is a risk of aggravating an injury. Given our injury list is rather short and while the season is shortened, there's still a long way to go, I can't see us going against that mantra.
Will be interesting to see if Collingwood try the methodical, marking style they used early last year.

If the game was played as originally planned, I would've been surprised to see us win. We just took care of business in R1 while the pies were right on. With nearly 3 months off by game day it makes it almost a flip of the coin as I think the main thing that separates the two teams is just the form they enter the game with. No form to really go off makes that difficult.

I seriously doubt the Pies will attempt a transition game ala wc, we just don't have the cattle to pull that off week in week out. Not many teams do, and that game last year was an outlier and I think you'll find they'll go with what they did in round one.

The idea of that mark style of play was to slow the play for more accurate transition, all good and well in theory. In the north game it was glaring in it's faults, slowing the play spread our outside receivers too far and wide AND it invited pressure from the oppo as soon as gained the ball. Disastrous and the reason for our poor form for most of the season.

Round one was more of a return to that 2018 model, suffocate the oppo and outnumber on the spread with swift ball movement.................. not so easy to execute against the Tiges though but a better model than trying to silky transition, that's a red flag for me against this mob.

It really is a butt head game given the styles both teams have. Can't pick it.

Back