Autopsy AFL 2020 R2 Pies V Tigers Thursday 11th 7:40pm AEST (MCG) Teams Announced

Who will win and by how much?

• Richmond by a goal or less

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Collingwood by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Richmond by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Collingwood by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Richmond by a lot

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • Collingwood by a lot

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

There are 2 big winners from tonight:

West Coast & GWS.
Why? That won't be the level those clubs stay at. It was awful, but will improve quickly. The time to play Richmond is always early in the season and particularly we never play that well off extended breaks.

Complaints about umpires … check !

Complaints about the fixture... check !

Comments about the game becoming crap and not what it 'once was'... check!

People from the internet claiming that the modern AFL player has no skill.... check !

God, it is good to have footy back ! I miss this s**t.

I'm struggling to see how the Pies kick a good enough score to win this.

Lack of a true KPF leaves their forward structures looking subpar compared to Richmond and the other contenders this year (Eagles, Giants).

In order to win, they will need to be utterly dominant across the entire field to make up for what they are missing in their forward line.

Grundy, De Goey, and Pendlebury will need to be on from the first bounce if the Pies are to walk away with 4 points.

Well, as it turns out I wasn't wrong, per se.

Why? That won't be the level those clubs stay at. It was awful, but will improve quickly. The time to play Richmond is always early in the season and particularly we never play that well off extended breaks.

Because now the ladder position of West Coast and GWS relative to the Pies and Tigers is now not dependent on percentage.

I could see those 2 points costing either Collingwood or Richmond a top 2/4 spot later down the track.

Shortened quarters are sh#t.

Richmond had the squeeze on Collingwood all the way through the 3rd and 4th quarters, and would've capitalised in those final 4 minutes of each quarter when fatigue sets in for the Collingwood players.

Oh man, they need to change the name of this board to 'BIGWHINGE'. The amount crying, sooking, wailing and gnashing of teeth going on in here is simply astonishing. Yet again.

It's a strange season in a deeply strange year. I turn 50 in a few months and I've never seen anything even close to what's been going on in the world. The players played one round and then stopped for weeks and weeks, couldn't train together, had to stay home, now they're playing a significantly shortened game in front of no one. They're human, at least TRY to cut them some slack and adjust.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies need to know how to win. They are good enough. 4 quarter efforts please

Don't currently have enough firepower up forward IMO.

They need DeGoey far closer to goal, and will be much better off with Stephenson back in the team. That will then release Thomas, Daicos etc.

For all the Cameron hyperbole last night Cox would have been a much better choice as a forward/ruck. Cameron is more a ruck/forward, who competed well, but wasn't overly effective forward of the ball.

At least he has two premiership medals hey Bucks?
Uhh he's a West Coast fan, not sure you pointing out Buckley has no flags will hurt him all that much.

I don't have any answers but to produce a rugby type score in an AFL game does not seem to showcase the best of our game by a longshot. I wonder what percentage of scores in regular games comes from later in each quarter?

Back