Preview AFL 2020 R3 - Essendon v Melbourne Sun June 21st 3:35pm AEST (MCG) POSTPONED

Who will win and by how much

• Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Demons by a lot

• Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

89AE3DEE-D9DA-4C9D-BA84-253F6FC63015.png

2020 TOYOTA AFL PREMIERSHIP
Round 3 • ESSENDON BOMBERS V MELBOURNE DEMONS
SUNDAY JUNE 21ST 3:35PM AEST (MCG)

]

Tipping on BigFooty's own system.
Tip now - $1000 in cash prizes.

Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won.

ROUND 3 TEAMS

ESSENDON

B: A.Francis, C.Hooker, M.Hurley
HB: A.Saad, M.Redman, J.Ridley
C: T.Cutler, A.McGrath, Z.Merrett
HF: D.Smith, W.Snelling, A.McDonald-Tipungwuti
F: J.Stringer, S.McKernan, J.Townsend
FOL: T.Bellchambers, D.Heppell, D.Shiel
I/C (tbd): D.Parish, K.Langford, D.Zaharakis, C.McKenna, M.Guelfi, P.Ambrose, B.Ham, O.Fantasia

IN: C.McKenna, P.Ambrose, B.Ham, O.Fantasia
OUT: Nil

MELBOURNE
B: C.Salem, S.May, N.Jetta
HB: J.Harmes, J.Lever, T.Rivers
C: E.Langdon, C.Oliver, A.Tomlinson
HF: A.Brayshaw, T.McDonald, J.Hunt
F: H.Bennell, B.Fritsch, J.Melksham
FOL: M.Gawn, C.Petracca, J.Viney
I/C (tbd): N.Jones, L.Jackson, M.Hibberd, M.Hannan, A.vandenBerg, A.Neal-Bullen, K.Pickett, J.Smith

IN: M.Hibberd, M.Hannan, A.vandenBerg, K.Pickett
OUT: Nil

BREAKING NEWS
AEBFEC32-B5EA-4F9D-BF9C-7A90067BBC6E.png

Last edited:

I can't see us winning this one. Essendon will be too quick for us and we lack a key forward to straighten us up. Essendon by a few goals.
If it’s a dry day maybe. But If it’s wet it will be a Continuous procession of stoppages moving towards Melbourne’s goals with Gawn-Petracca-Brayshaw -Oliver monstering our midfield

If it’s a dry day maybe. But If it’s wet it will be a Continuous procession of stoppages moving towards Melbourne’s goals with Gawn-Petracca-Brayshaw -Oliver monstering our midfield

Could be a game played between the arcs. I can't see us winning unless we find something up forward, I'm worried about Tipper as well he tore us apart last year and I don't know who we have to cover him.

Could be a game played between the arcs. I can't see us winning unless we find something up forward, I'm worried about Tipper as well he tore us apart last year and I don't know who we have to cover him.

Jetta would go to Tippa.

While he kicked 4 against us last time I wouldn't say he tore us apart, I mean he played very well but we still could've won despite that.

McKernan kicking 4 was the bigger issue and Stringer actually played one of his good games, McKernan being allowed to kick 4 goals is a bigger indictment than Tippa who is a quality player kicking 4.

Also we don't have the Wagners playing so that's addition by subtraction

Huh. I guess I’ve just removed last season from my memory altogether.

We had played like dead ball sacks in round 1 and 2 and for whatever reason decided to play well against you guys. You were very much expected to win it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had been pumped the week before by Geelong by 80 points..........I don't think we were very much expected to do anything.

oh

* geelong

Heppell and Guelfi out for McKenna and Ham.
I think they stuffed it up by leaving out Hibberd from the squad and naming light framed speedsters to come in for a wet weather game against a big-bodied midfield. I would keep Guelfi and just bring in Ambrose. Oh yes, and drop Zaka for McKenna (like that’s going to happen....)

I think they stuffed it up by leaving out Hibberd from the squad and naming light framed speedsters to come in for a wet weather game against a big-bodied midfield. I would keep Guelfi and just bring in Ambrose. Oh yes, and drop Zaka for McKenna (like that’s going to happen....)

There's only supposed to be showers on Sunday, this won't be a wet weather game.

Jetta would go to Tippa.

While he kicked 4 against us last time I wouldn't say he tore us apart, I mean he played very well but we still could've won despite that.

McKernan kicking 4 was the bigger issue and Stringer actually played one of his good games, McKernan being allowed to kick 4 goals is a bigger indictment than Tippa who is a quality player kicking 4.

Also we don't have the Wagners playing so that's addition by subtraction

Yeah McKernan kicking 4 was ****ed but I remember Tippa just tearing us apart with some goals in a short period and regaining the ascendency for them after we'd come back in the 3rd. My memory could be hazy, not like I've gone back to watch the game since

Back