Autopsy AFL 2020 ROUND 10 - Bombers v Giants Fri August 7th 7:50pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Ward was just lucky he was going against a softer opponent.
if it was someone hard like Cotchin, he would’ve concussed himself.

That Ward free kick was bullshit, umpires influencing a game is too common this year.
Yep. Last game I'm watching this year. It's infuriating, diving is becoming a scourge and officiating in the AFL is worse than any league in the world that I follow (it's a lot of leagues)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look at my profile photo. Far be it for me to defend the Giants.

But if you honestly ******* think that conceding a 5 goal lead is due to umpires you are special.

How about conceding scoring shots at the start of at least 3 of the 4 quarters? How about the McKenna/Shaw 50?

Be an adult, own the loss, face the fact that you let a 5 goal lead go and that you were not good enough to win.
I don't think any Essendon supporter finds our performance acceptable. You can discuss the standard of umpiring separately from your team's performance. Unfortunately, this was another unacceptable umpiring display. AFL needs to be held accountable for making the rules very confusing for umpires, especially for something as standard as a high.

We saw Shaw's high on Townsend in front of goal unpaid, which I am totally fine with as Shaw couldn't have done much about it. But then Ward's free is paid? That doesn't sit well with me regardless of the team. That level of inconsistency needs to be stamped out from the game as it can directly influence the result. I'd hate for a team to lose a final because of decisions like that.

Last edited:
View attachment 930079
Will just put this here. No need to quote these posts above.

Looks like contact to the head.
Hmmmm....

1596807786419-png.930096

Look at my profile photo. Far be it for me to defend the Giants.

But if you honestly ******* think that conceding a 5 goal lead is due to umpires you are special.

How about conceding scoring shots at the start of at least 3 of the 4 quarters? How about the McKenna/Shaw 50?

Be an adult, own the loss, face the fact that you let a 5 goal lead go and that you were not good enough to win.

You mean how after the whistle has been blown Shaw rips McKenna over and onto the ground and no 50 is paid. But McKenna makes contact with Shaw before any whistle has been blown but that's 50?

If you think a fourth quarter 9-1 free kick count +50m penalty in the giants favour has nothing to do with how they clawed back a 5 goal lead then you have rocks in your head.

No bomber fan here is trying to say we are an amazing team or had an amazing night or anything like that, but we are saying we would've won tonight if umpiring was consistent.

Feel bad for the Bombers, but not a ton of excuses for being that far ahead and coughing it up.

Does anyone think either of these teams are a finals threat now, winner aside? I thought both looked ordinary. Wasn't that long ago Bombers looked in contention (although I guess they have tons out) and GWS were considered a shoo in for finals given their list! Both could finish outside the 8, although I think GWS might sneak in.

And I’ll enjoy the points, that would be more of a win.

I already know you can’t have a club wide doping policy.
So I think I’ve learned pretty quickly.
I honestly don’t care. Interesting you are all for the pot shots buy get it in return and mash the report button. I guess you do know about being soft.

And I was only saying I’ve learned you can’t have a drug program in the club. Must of hit it pretty close to the mark.
And you accuse other supporters of losing it. Maybe you and the two other Giant supporters on the planet should take wins more humbly

Back