Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 10 - Crows v Demons Wed August 5th 8:10pm AEST (AO) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Demons by a lot

• Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

EC2A4B1A-E86C-4F56-999F-20C26CB157D3.png

2020 TOYOTA AFL PREMIERSHIP
Round 10 • ADELAIDE V MELBOURNE
WEDNESDAY AUGUST 5TH 8:10PM AEST (ADELAIDE OVAL)

Tipping on BigFooty's own system.
Tip now - $1000 in cash prizes.

Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won.

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

ROUND 10 TEAMS

CROWS

B: L.Brown, D.Talia, J.Kelly
HB: R.Laird, T.Doedee, W.Hamill
C: B.Smith, M.Crouch, P.Seedsman
HF: N.McHenry, F.McAsey, T.Lynch
F: E.Himmelberg, T.Walker, L.Murphy
FOLL: R.O’Brien, B.Keays, C.Jones
I/C: D.Mackay, H.Schoenberg, D.Fogarty, L.Scholl
EMG: B.Gibbs, B.Crocker, R.Atkins, K.Strachan

IN: T.Doedee, N.McHenry, F.McAsey, T.Walker, D.Mackay, H.Schoenberg, D.Fogarty, L.Sholl
OUT: R.Atkins, R.Knight, B.Gibbs, K.Strachan (all omitted), K.Hartigan, A.McPherson, S.McAdam, T.Stengle (all managed)

DEMONS

B: J.Lockhart, S.May, M.Hibberd
HB: C.Salem, J.Lever, N.Jones
C: E.Langdon, C.Oliver, A.Tomlinson
HF: J.Melksham, S.Weideman, A.Brayshaw
F: B.Fritsch, L.Jackson, H.Bennell
FOLL: M.Gawn, C.Petracca, J.Viney
I/C: J.Harmes, A.vandenBerg, A.Neal-Bullen, T.Sparrow
EMG: C.Spargo, T.Rivers, T.McDonald, O.McDonald

IN: A.Tomlinson, H.Bennell, A.vandenBerg, A.Neal-Bullen
OUT: O.McDonald, T.McDonald, M.Hannan (all omitted), K.Pickett (injured)

BYES: CARLTONHAWTHORN FREMANTLEEAGLES

Last edited:
If Gawn fails to come up, then the crows will not have a better chance of getting their first win of 2020 than this game. Unless the demons show the same desperation as they did against the lions.

If Gawn fails to come up, then the crows will not have a better chance of getting their first win of 2020 than this game. Unless the demons show the same desperation as they did against the lions.
Remember the names Kangaroos had out?

We always have trouble with Melbourne, even when we're travelling well.
They're coming off a hiding to Port, and we just got done by 70 points by the 17th ranked team.
Just for perspective. We won't get within 10 goals.

8 changes and Matt Crouch still gets a game!!! If what he has given defensively and man on man at stoppages is considered acceptable week after week then I can’t rate Nicks as a coach.
Having watched and used IQ rewind to go through the last few Adelaide games I’ve looked at M Crouch at stoppages and at most stoppages it’s his man that gets the clearance for the opposition. The first thing you do when you’re getting belted at clearances is go hard man on man. You don’t even think about a stat for your self you stop the opposition until the momentum stops.

Last edited:
8 changes and Matt Crouch still gets a game!!! If what he has given defensively and man on man at stoppages is considered acceptable week after week then I can’t rate Nicks as a coach.
Having watched and used IQ rewind to go through the last few Adelaide games I’ve looked at M Crouch at stoppages and at most stoppages it’s his man that gets the clearance for the opposition. The first thing you do when your getting belted at clearances is go hard man on man. You don’t even think about a stat for your self you stop the opposition until the momentum stops.

Yep, been putrid this year. Gone from an inside ball winner to an outside krab. Loves to go backwards and to call for a handball facing the wrong way and flat footed.

Mackay out, Gibbs in

Gibbs out, Mackay in

I get that Stengle and McPherson are considered 'managed', but surely you'd even play Knight or Atkins over these 2 - at least they're not end of the year deadwood retirements. I don't think Crocker is a long term solution either but at 23 surely he gets a go before Gibbs or Mackay.

Hardly like they've got no experience in the line up otherwise. 3-4 senior players in each part of the ground (depends who plays up forward I guess). It's not about trying to reduce the margin - they get smashed with Gibbs and they get smashed with Mackay.

At least just give 1 of them a few weeks of a run to get some cohesion in their game play? I'm sure in and out does ******* wonders for 2 players at the end of their playing days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide will never have a better chance to win their first game. Just some quick observations.
1. Lever playing as a KPD = wrong
2. Playing Jackson as a KPF against Talia or Doedee = wrong
3. Keeping Brayshaw, Harmes and Jones = wrong

Match ups are all wrong, line ups for us are a mess. I almost want Adelaide to win this, at least then we can start the process of removing Goodwin.

Demons simply have to win this, or they should just resign from the 2020 season and go home.
Because it's Melbourne, this is probably the Crows best chance of getting a win at home, maybe they will recognise that and it will spur them on?
I've got to tip the Demons because Adelaide are just so bad.

I get it, Adelaide are awful, Im not denying that. But they will surely win a game at some point and the psychology of sport is such a huge factor that maybe tonight they have some sort of chance.
Could also add that Melbourne need to counter even more given their piss poor effort last week too....

So it's not just on Adelaide.

My opinion is we will either win by 50 or lose by 2-5 points. Even if we do win, it’s papering over cracks. North will beat us in a scrap the week after.
Probably, but I'll lean the big win. Adelaide were another level last week.

Probably, but I'll lean the big win. Adelaide were another level last week.
Well Jake Lever is going to be one out in defence, he is playing as the second tall. That’s not a job for him. We’ve got no pace on the ground, we’ve persisted with Brayshaw, Harmes and Jones. We are playing a first year forward alongside Weidemann and they are taking on Doedee and Talia. Our forward line could make them look like the equivalent of Scarlett and Taylor at their peak.

Walker will no doubt find something. He will probably push up to CHF just to get Lever on him. This McAsey kid is green but has shown a bit. I don’t like the omission of both McDonalds. Not when you’re asking Lever to play KP.

Back