Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 10 - Crows v Demons Wed August 5th 8:10pm AEST (AO) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Demons by a lot

• Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

2 completely different objectives in the past 5 years.

Adelaide had eyes on a premiership.

Port had eyes on making top 8.

Yes, looking back Adelaide made a tonne of mistakes and the last 2 years were disastrous. But the point is decisions were made from 2 different perspectives.

Adelaide are in the sh*t because they didn't develop.

Richmond are having a fairly decent 5 year window which may extend further because they continue to develop at the same time as being good.
That's exactly it.

Port were attempting a premiership tilt circa 2017, but only managed an elim final which we choked in. Since then have absolutely tried to rebuild on the run ala Richmond.

If I were an Adelaide fan I'd be pretty annoyed with Don Pyke for not recognising the sudden drop off last year and not at least exposing a few more young players.

That's exactly it.

Port were attempting a premiership tilt circa 2017, but only managed an elim final which we choked in. Since then have absolutely tried to rebuild on the run ala Richmond.

If I were an Adelaide fan I'd be pretty annoyed with Don Pyke for not recognising the sudden drop off last year and not at least exposing a few more young players.

As you should now be able to spot, Don wasn't the sole villain. Make no mistake they are permitting this youthful route as there is no other option. And to save face.

When was the last time a team went through the season without a win? The crows have already played all of the other bottom 4 teams, not sure who they will beat. Maybe Carlton but not so sure they’ll even beat the blues.

You are talking like that’s the first good game he’s ever played. The bloke was All Australian at the age of 20.

He’s had plenty of great games with mostly his hands in close. And then he got into a rut where he seemed to kick only when there were no other options.

I think this has been his first great game where his pace and kicking was a feature.

There has been a knock on Oliver that he’s slow, he’s never been slow.

He just hasn’t been playing in a way that exploits all his talents, and his kicking this year has been mostly underwhelming. I can only recall one absolute scrubber tonight where he had a bit of space, and it was a non-preferred foot which many players don’t nail. I thought he had some really nice kicks against Port too, mixed with some lazy ones.

The other thing I’d love Goodwin to exploit more is Oliver’s forward craft and overhead marking. I’m 185cm and Oliver in person is taller than me and his marking is really good for his size. He should be able to do damage forward as many players who can go with him in contests won’t go with him in the air or on the lead. Goodwin tried it a couple of times in 2018 from memory and it seemed to work well. I recall a game against Gold Coast I think where he should’ve kicked four playing as a forward but had a couple of near misses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How bad has Tex Walker been , Was a serious liability out there tonight and offers nothing to the younger kids and cant move around
How long is left on his contract and how long will nicks continue to donate games to this guy.
5 touches
0 tackles
0 goals

87% time on ground with 20% DE

Crows finished the stronger. Still don't see them winning but boy oh boy, wowee.
It was our best half of the season and showed that we should’ve been playing as much youth as possible since the start of the year. Not surprising to see them drop away against a far more experienced outfit, but it was encouraging and frustrating at the same time as all Crows supporters just want a win!

When was the last time a team went through the season without a win? The crows have already played all of the other bottom 4 teams, not sure who they will beat. Maybe Carlton but not so sure they’ll even beat the blues.

fremantle were 0-17 in 2001, we beat the Hawks. In Melbourne. And they made the prelim that year.

They'll beat a team who shows up thinking they just need to show up to win, just like the Hawks in 2001.

Funny fact from that game - Justin Longmuir kicked the last two for the game to win it for us.

fremantle were 0-17 in 2001, we beat the Hawks. In Melbourne. And they made the prelim that year.

They'll beat a team who shows up thinking they just need to show up to win, just like the Hawks in 2001.

Funny fact from that game - Justin Longmuir kicked the last two for the game to win it for us.
Not so sure, shortened season means less games for crows to eek out a win and games meaning more to the opposition because there are less of them to win. They are an awful football team.

Happy with the win. Means nothing if we don’t beat North next week. Quick observations;

1. Crows at an all time low. They’ll rebuild and recover.
2. Lever at CHB is a disaster. Will have 6 kicked on him against a decent team if Goodwin doesn’t see him for what he is; a third defender at best.
3. TMac needs to go to CHB
4. Jackson is green. Won’t look so good so early on in his career against a better side.
5. Our midfield is still slow and sloppy. Better with Langdon but still needs a lot of work.

Summary - read nothing into that. Take the points and focus immediately on North and how to win. Must be 5-5 or finals is done. Disaster if that happens for Goodwin.

Opposition was poor so hard to tell, but the penny seems to have dropped with Oliver on how to be more damaging. But this is the first time his kicking has been AFL standard for a while.

Petracca hurt factor has always been there, consistency and confidence are now through the roof though.

I’m confident Trac can do it against anyone. Oliver I’m yet to be convinced on just yet.

Oliver is miles ahead of Petracca. Get back to me when Petracca wins 2 best and fairests and an all australian jumper.

People love to hang it on Oliver. He has polled brownlow votes in 3 of his last 4 games and has had another AA calibre season. At the very least he has had a much better season than Cripps who goes missing for large chunks of matches and can't handle tags.

Happy with the win. Means nothing if we don’t beat North next week. Quick observations;

1. Crows at an all time low. They’ll rebuild and recover.
2. Lever at CHB is a disaster. Will have 6 kicked on him against a decent team if Goodwin doesn’t see him for what he is; a third defender at best.
3. TMac needs to go to CHB
4. Jackson is green. Won’t look so good so early on in his career against a better side.
5. Our midfield is still slow and sloppy. Better with Langdon but still needs a lot of work.

Summary - read nothing into that. Take the points and focus immediately on North and how to win. Must be 5-5 or finals is done. Disaster if that happens for Goodwin.

Tom Mcdonald ain't the answer mate. The guys career is finished. He is far too slow now. I'm convinced he's got an underlying injury. Oscar McDonald is better and he is a vfl reserves level player

Tom Mcdonald ain't the answer mate. The guys career is finished. He is far too slow now. I'm convinced he's got an underlying injury. Oscar McDonald is better and he is a vfl reserves level player
His career is not finished. If you think his brother is better and he is VFL reserves you’ve got cement in your head. TMac needs to play at CHB. He is only 27.

When was the last time we conceded four plus goals to a single player with Lever in the side? Anyone would think we’re regularly conceding individuals bags for the amount that people s**t on him and May

When was the last time we conceded four plus goals to a single player with Lever in the side? Anyone would think we’re regularly conceding individuals bags for the amount that people sh*t on him and May

Agree on this. May clangs some disposals in amongst some really good ones, but he’s had very few goals put on him. There’s a lot of hate for him, I guess it’s his aggression. His body spoiling is top notch.

Why Goodwin insists on playing Lever as a proper KPD is beyond me. He’s not good at it and it can be exploited - but hasn’t been horribly exploited by any team yet.

When Lever has been able to play his preferred 3rd up role he hasn’t been what would have been hoped when he was recruited, but he’s been pretty reasonable.

Oliver is miles ahead of Petracca. Get back to me when Petracca wins 2 best and fairests and an all australian jumper.

People love to hang it on Oliver. He has polled brownlow votes in 3 of his last 4 games and has had another AA calibre season.

I think Oliver’s hands are exceptional.

Prior to this season he was much more valuable than Trac.

Trac’s season has been something else and on 2020 alone he’s been more valuable than Oliver.

Very happy to have them both in the team.

I’d think B&F in order would be Trac, Gawn, Oliver, Viney and perhaps May at this point.

Back