Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 10 - Port v Dogs Mon August 3rd 7:10 pm AEST (AO) Match Highlights added to OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Zak Butters has been immense ... i would have taken him over Chayce Jones and was laughed off the Crows Board for saying that 12 months ago .

I stand firm on that decision .
Says more about the knowledge on the crows boars than you mate. Everyone would agree with you now.

Good tackler too makes good decision is better than rozee imo
Butters is going to be outstanding but Rozee is next level. Carlton and port fans will argue for next 10 years over Walsh vs rozee and only time will tell but I'm sure there's no Carlton people that would swap Walsh vs rozee and vice versa for port people.

Yes Charlie we all saw your first contested mark of your career and we all know how much money you’re on to drop ones all on your own and shank shots from 20m out straight in front
First time watching footy this year you potato? Takes more contested marks as a forward than anyone in the comp.

Port did not deserve to win that. They were good enough to capitalise on a few dogs errors but essentially the game was on the Dogs terms for 80 percent of the match
Moral winners hey?

Cute.

Thoughts on the free kick count and the free kick to Rockliff that lead to a goal?
Oh, the “but if I am what are you” reply.

It‘s an issue for the Bulldogs, and it’s being noticed more & more by the footy public.
Simply put, you have a broad range of players who throw their heads into the tackle, dive and throw the ball.

Unless checked, it risks infiltrating our game in a manner that we see in the exaggerated contact exploits prevalent in soccer.

It‘s grubby, and it’s not how the game should be played.

Oh, the “but if I am what are you” reply.

It‘s an issue for the Bulldogs, and it’s being noticed more & more by the footy public.
Simply put, you have a broad range of players who throw their heads into the tackle, dive and throw the ball.

Unless checked, it risks infiltrating our game in a manner that we see in the exaggerated contact exploits prevalent in soccer.

It‘s grubby, and it’s not how the game should be played.
It's called hypocrisy. You can't have a crack at someone when you've got blokes doing it

It's called hypocrisy. You can't have a crack at someone when you've got blokes doing it
I‘d rather err to the side of hypocrisy than see it condoned.
You’re correct in that each team has a player / players that employ similar tactics, yet from my perspective it appears inherent amongst the Bulldogs playing group. An outlier by a fair margin.
You disagree?

It has to be a trained thing at the Dogs. The first instinct a lot of them have is to seek the free for high contact. They don't really need to be doing that though, especially the midfielders as they have enough quality to not be 'those guys'. Need to see the umpires starting to get a clue on this across the board.

It has to be a trained thing at the Dogs. The first instinct a lot of them have is to seek the free for high contact. They don't really need to be doing that though, especially the midfielders as they have enough quality to not be 'those guys'. Need to see the umpires starting to get a clue on this across the board.

The Frees actually tell the story of the Dogs game style.

Holding the Ball Free Kicks Port 7, Bulldogs 1
High Tackle Free Kicks Port 2 Bulldogs 6.

The Bulldogs game plan is basically duck into tackles in close, if you don't get the free kick try to get your arms free and handball/Throw to an in close team mate, rinse and repeat.

Dogs are really good in tight, but they get away with a lot of throws.

Forward line dysfunctional. Desperately need Naughton back, Bruce can't a cold right now.

Bruce at his best is amazing

Not sure if his injured or just not fitting into the game plan

Nah, it'll happen.
You’re probably right, but given where we are on the ladder I’m hopeful we can keep him for a few more years before trading him to Freo for overs as they will probably still be near the bottom of the ladder....

Obviously still very early days but chayce jones has shown absolutely nothing imo.
Completely different ceilings .. i like Jones but he is nowhere near the natural footballer that Zak Butters is .

Zak has that very rare blend of speed of mind to action , deft touch , hunger to tackle and ability to open the game up like very few do in the game .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back