Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 10 - Tigers v Lions Tues August 4th 7:10pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 32 39.0%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

banzai

Premiership Player
Oct 14, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
I reckon Astbury will come straight back in to take the 2nd tall and allow grimes some more freedom. Also means Broad doesnt have to play on a tall either.
Think that makes us too tall. I understand we used to have Rance in the same defence so Balta would just be replacing Rance. But we never used to play 2 rucks or 2 tall forwards with that setup.

Would obviously replace Ross with Prestia, Egg with Houli, Stack with Edwards and Soldo with Nank. Caddy is better than McIntosh but given hes coming back from injury its not certain we need to make that change.

tony__montana

Premiership Player
Jan 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
I agree although very hard to trade in a quality KPF, not many clubs would let or want them to go, Joe Daniher could be an option if our rehab staff think they can get his injury under control, the other is Jeremy Cameron who is a RFA at the end of the season, may want too much dollars to make it viable though.
If I was a decision maker at Brisbane, I'd be doing everything I can to make it happen. You guys have all the pieces to the puzzle except for the dominant power fwd. And if you get a Cameron or Daniher type, watch McStay and Hipwood come into their own

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tony__montana

Premiership Player
Jan 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
The question was "Who makes way for Caddy, Edwards, Houli, Prestia and Astbury?"
No guarantees about Prestia anyway, syndesmosis can be tricky and if hes not close to 100% then no point playing him. Nank has the same injury and apparently hes almost fine, Prestia still not running. Edwards still in melbourne so theres no guarantee he'll even play again this season, he may choose to stay with his newborn.

Caddy - Macca
Houli - Egg
Prestia - Ross
Edwards - one of Higgins/Pickett/Stack (Higgins for mine)
Astbury - buggered if i know but def not Balta or any of our other defenders

tony__montana

Premiership Player
Jan 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Think that makes us too tall. I understand we used to have Rance in the same defence so Balta would just be replacing Rance. But we never used to play 2 rucks or 2 tall forwards with that setup.

Would obviously replace Ross with Prestia, Egg with Houli, Stack with Edwards and Soldo with Nank. Caddy is better than McIntosh but given hes coming back from injury its not certain we need to make that change.
Then we'll have to work something out with the fwds/rucks bc Astbury back in defence gives us more flexibility

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea
I was convinced that Bolton was a terrible player after his first few seasons but credit to him he's come good
I wouldn't blame you for thinking that given how much he tried to take on early, but personally he's the one that I was most excited about from the youth. I remember seeing his pre-AFL list matches and the way he weaved in the packs was amazing. He dominated the midfield of the VFL as well last year and the year before. It's just that at the beginning he tried to play at a level beyond what he was ready to do, making him look ordinary. I'm glad we didn't try to coach the natural flair out of his game even though he'd turn the ball over or get caught HTB often.

The one that surprises me is Baker. I honestly didn't see this coming tbh. I thought he'd be fringe at best but was fantastic yesterday.

tiger_tough

Club Legend
Nov 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond

Don't see why it makes us too tall. Grimes and Broad can play on any size and can get offensive and rebound too. We didn't play two tall forwards in 2017 because we didn't have a 2nd that was any good. We played Nank and Soldo last year, Chol in for Soldo (when Nankervis is fit) will provide more flexibility too.

dean33

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Don't see why it makes us too tall. Grimes and Broad can play on any size and can get offensive and rebound too. We didn't play two tall forwards in 2017 because we didn't have a 2nd that was any good. We played Nank and Soldo last year, Chol in for Soldo (when Nankervis is fit) will provide more flexibility too.
I wouldn’t be too quick to demote soldo, he had a poor game last night however his tap work is the best at the club, while chol is a very exciting prospect he doesn’t provide much in the ruck. I think it might come down to horses for courses with our ruck set up.

tiger_tough

Club Legend
Nov 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I wouldn’t be too quick to demote soldo, he had a poor game last night however his tap work is the best at the club, while chol is a very exciting prospect he doesn’t provide much in the ruck. I think it might come down to horses for courses with our ruck set up.
Soldo gets taps but usually average ones. Nankervis doesn't get many taps but is an asset around the ground. I know what id prefer. Chol is a decent 2nd ruck.

Black Saab

Premiership Player
Apr 14, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Need a more reliable key forward than what they've got currently, IMO.
Yep, they do but the team as a whole are heading in the right direction. But again, I agree, just like the Tigers picked up Lynch to help out up forward the Lions need a serious player up their to make them exceptionally dangerous.

Top Bottom