Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 10 - Tigers v Lions Tues August 4th 7:10pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 32 39.0%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
8B36D2C2-37A6-4363-8F78-A3C1A3308F2B.png

2020 TOYOTA AFL PREMIERSHIP
Round 10 • RICHMOND V BRISBANE
TUESDAY AUGUST 4TH 7:10PM AEST (METRICON)

Tipping on BigFooty's own system.
Tip now - $1000 in cash prizes.

Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won.

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

ROUND 10 TEAMS

TIGERS

B: Nathan Broad, Dylan Grimes, Noah Balta
HB: Derek Eggmolesse-Smith, Nick Vlastuin, Jayden Short
C: Kamdyn McIntosh, Sydney Stack, Marlion Pickett
HF: Kane Lambert, Jake Aarts, Tom Lynch
F: Jason Castagna, Dustin Martin, Jack Riewoldt
FOLL: Ivan Soldo, Trent Cotchin, Shai Bolton
I/C: Liam Baker, Jack Higgins, Mabior Chol, Jack Ross
EMG: Oleg Markov, Daniel Rioli, Riley Collier-Dawkins, Jack Graham

IN: Nick Vlastuin
OUT: Oleg Markov

LIONS

B: Ah Chee, Andrews, Gardiner
HB: Witherden, Payne, Answerth
C: Robinson, Zorko, McCluggage
HF: Berry, Rayner, McCarthy
F: Bailey, Hipwood, Cameron
FOLL: McInerney, Lyons, Neale
I/C: Skinner, Ellis-Yolmen, Starcevich, Ballenden
EMG: Coleman, Hinge, Mathieson, Eagles

IN: Payne (debut)
OUT: Birchall (managed)

BYES: CARLTONHAWTHORN FREMANTLEEAGLES

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
All else being equal this is a genuine 50/50. I feel some external factors are in our favour though. This is the middle game of back to back 4 day breaks for Brisbane, which is a seriously tough draw to cop. Richmond have a 6 day break into this and a 4 day break into a trip to Port after. Not only is the extra two days useful, I reckon Brisbane will be more inclined to rest some players for this match.
But, I could be miles off the mark. They weren’t pushed much on Friday night so perhaps they’ll feel they are fresh enough to keep it going. They can basically lock themselves in the top 4 if they win the next 3.

Excited for this one overall, two great sides, one established and likely closer to the end than the start, the other filled with young talent and primed for years in the spotlight.

Could go either way, but while Richmond returned to some semblance of form last week, you'd have to consider the Lions favorites. They're second on the ladder, and Richmond still has a lot of their better players out. A good team shouldn't lose under those circumstances, but let's face it, it's a weird season, so let's call it 60/40 Brisbane's way.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Could go either way, but while Richmond returned to some semblance of form last week, you'd have to consider the Lions favorites. They're second on the ladder, and Richmond still has a lot of their better players out. A good team shouldn't lose under those circumstances, but let's face it, it's a weird season, so let's call it 60/40 Brisbane's way.
4 days rest for the Lions and 6 for the Tigers could be a big factor as well, will be telling if it's a high intensity game, Lions could tire.

4 days rest for the Lions and 6 for the Tigers could be a big factor as well, will be telling if it's a high intensity game, Lions could tire.

Agreed, it could be a factor, as could Richmond generally having the wood over Brisbane (be that mental, matching up well, or a gameplan that works against you), but at the end of the day, a team that sits 2nd on the ladder in good form shouldn't lose to a team that is missing around a 3rd of it's best 22.

As I said, 60/40...Brisbane favorites, but without much confidence.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Not sure what the Lions injury list is like but i think playing a top 2 team ( Brisbane genuinely are a top 2 team this year and deservedly ) going into these game with 6-8 Premiership players missing wont be easy.

Prestia,Houli,Edwards,Caddy,Astbury,Nankervis and possibly Vlastuin/Cotch also might not come up.

Heart says : Tigers 19 points
Head says : Lions 19 points

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Surly being a Queenslander you have the mighty Lions as your soft spot team? I'd know I'd rather see the Suns win than one of those disease carrying Victorian teams.
Well,I do like more players from brisbane than from then tigers... plus fagan is the best. Love that old fella.

But i go in neutral as i genuinely want to feel the rollercoaster ride up and down with the ebs and flows of the game. Same reason i dont do tipping contests or dream team /super coach stuff.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
The Lions are due against us, this could be the time with a lot of players out. Id have it 60/40 Lions way but much depends on how the sides manage their players and who gets named in the 22. I dont think the shorter turnaround between games is as significant this year with shorter games and less travel. These guys are elite athletes with world class sports science teams, they will pull up fine. It moreso depends on who gets named in the 22.

I’m a pure neutral at all these games i go to.

Sure sure...

Although honestly, I can't imagine watching sport as a 'pure neutral', you need to get caught up in it or why bother?

(exception...when I was paid to...umpiring, etc. but the payment answers the 'why bother' question)

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
Well,I do like more players from brisbane than from then tigers... plus fagan is the best. Love that old fella.

But i go in neutral as i genuinely want to feel the rollercoaster ride up and down with the ebs and flows of the game. Same reason i dont do tipping contests or dream team /super coach stuff.
That makes it difficult to hate Esendon and Collingwood, there is no ebb and flow in that regard no matter how neutral one professes to be.

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Sure sure...

Although honestly, I can't imagine watching sport as a 'pure neutral', you need to get caught up in it or why bother?

(exception...when I was paid to...umpiring, etc. but the payment answers the 'why bother' question)
I know i am odd in that regard but I never ‘pick’ a team when watching any sport and i watch a lot. So if premier league or world cup soccer (which i watch all games), or nba or nfl or nhl. Always just watch for the fun of the sport and the contest. I have no teams in any league in any sport other than suns in the afl and my country in national sports.

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
I know i am odd in that regard but I never ‘pick’ a team when watching any sport and i watch a lot. So if premier league or world cup soccer (which i watch all games), or nba or nfl or nhl. Always just watch for the fun of the sport and the contest. I have no teams in any league in any sport other than suns in the afl and my country in national sports.
Yeah but Essendon!

Weirdo.

;)

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets

I'm the same with the NRL, I watch a lot of games just for fun, I kind of barrack for the Panthers and Storm by default, but I don't really have a team yet, not to the same extent as the AFL, even though I watch a lot of games.

Back