Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 10 - Tigers v Lions Tues August 4th 7:10pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 32 39.0%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tackle Bag

Club Legend
Dec 5, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Sure it was 2nd v 3rd, but tonight's game wasn't a high standard like e.g. West Coast v Geelong. Lots of water to go under the bridge. 5-6 blokes to return near the end of the season who haven't played much footy and will need to find form right away.
Agree. I actually thought Richmond looked to be just rolling along once they took control on the scoreboard and the game wasn’t played at anywhere near the same intensity as that WC v Geelong game was.
We would need to go up a couple of gears on tonight’s effort to beat WC in a final over there.

Tiger71

?????? King of the Micro ??????
Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Listening to fagan it was a close game apperantly

He is a shocker fagan, loves to sell a story but when you look at the game it tells a different tale. In our SF last year, they beyond there poor conversion rate and Fagan bleats about how unlucky and how they should have won, no credit to the tigers. When you we watch the game, out side of the first 15 minutes of the first quarter, tigers dominated. The stats get inflated because the reason the lions cant convert against us is that we force them to chip the ball around, hence there "disposal numbers and junk inside 50's". We then like tonight force them so wide, when they do go forward they either kick to the top of the 50 in the pocket so score a point, or when they get it in deep, we have defenders swarming all over them and they score a point.

Fagan, we also missed easy shots, we even shared the ball around way to much in the forward arc which should have been goals, your lucky you only lost by 7 goals.

Now lions fans are up and about and good on them but this lions side cant handle finals pressure, they panic with the ball. Now that may be due to experience but due to our outs the experience and age difference was hardly that much between the two sides. IMO Fagan must pump there tires all week so they play believing there own press, hence they get exposed. Only when Fagan owns that, history will repeat.

Also the umpiring, 11 to 18 lions way. Now I dont normally look at the number but the level of non played one way, those silly repeat out of bounds etc all adds up. They seriously had the rub of the green yet there players complained during play which caused them to leak goals as well, i have never seen a team have players plead for free kicks while the ball was still in motion.

May 31, 2019
Belmont, WA
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Perth Glory, Everton FC, SSC Napoli
All true. Not sure all those guys would get a game now. Kids awesome!
Yeah it will be interesting when the time comes.
The guarantees would be Prestia, Edwards & Houli for Ross, Stack & the unlucky Egglomesse-smith. Nankervis will be fortunate due to Soldo's recent struggles. Asbury will find it hard to push Balta out & even though McIntosh has his brain fading moments, Caddy on current form will also find it difficult to push him out.

Trying not to get ahead of ourselves as we have Port away on a 4 day break & powerhouses Geelong & WC who we usually struggle against to come.

Joey longshadow

Hostis Humani Generis
Oct 23, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Baltimore ravens
Sydney had an even longer premiership drought than Richmond's 37 years of insipidness. How then did Sydney fans manage to remember how to win with some semblence of grace and class?
Probably because they never copped anywhere near as much s**t off oppo flogs as we did

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Yeah it will be interesting when the time comes.
The guarantees would be Prestia, Edwards & Houli for Ross, Stack & the unlucky Egglomesse-smith. Nankervis will be fortunate due to Soldo's recent struggles. Asbury will find it hard to push Balta out & even though McIntosh has his brain fading moments, Caddy on current form will also find it difficult to push him out.

Trying not to get ahead of ourselves as we have Port away on a 4 day break & powerhouses Geelong & WC who we usually struggle against to come.
If Caddy is available he comes into the team in McIntosh's place easily

Niggles

custom title:
Jan 5, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Most fans try and downplay their sides chances, you know, give the opposition a bit of respect and also cover yourself if you do lose. Richmond fans, behind all the losing I had no idea just how arrogant they were.

Oh you poor misguided thing. You'll live.

Going to have to clean up all the Richmond gunk in this thread, all blowing their loads.

Oh you poor salty little thing. You'd be very good at cleaning up loads I bet.

Is that even in the same galaxy as my point? I simply said I am worried about the fact we have to play again in 4 days, when we were already struggling to run out the game tonight after a 4 day recovery and picked up another soft tissue injury.

It is a remark that had 3 tenths of fu** all to do with Richmond. I know that's a hard concept for you to grasp.
Not many have two 4 dayers in a row.

In any case, you proved incapable of following a basic conversation without completely missing the point of what I was saying.

I predicted a 6 goal loss tonight, I wasn't far off. Swing your "hurr durr, where do you think you could beat us then?" micropenis elsewhere.
Sydney had an even longer premiership drought than Richmond's 37 years of insipidness. How then did Sydney fans manage to remember how to win with some semblence of grace and class?
Gabba/Metricon = MCG/Kardinia Park would be a much fairer comparison.

In any case, my irony meter is well calibrated. The criterion was travel, not home ground advantage. If people want to claim that Brisbane travelling to a city an hour away is an unfair advantage to us in terms of travel, you've gotta take a look at Richmonds 2019 season which had 17 games played in two stadia within 6 kilometres of each other.

Oh you sad little thing. Much like Fagan I guess. You've learnt from the master bullshitter himself. Why would I expect you to have any
sportsmanship. :D
It doesn't work that way. Rich, Birchall, Lester, Martin and McStay are just as important to Brisbane as Richmond's outs are to them.

Yeah ok. I'll give you Martin, Rich and Charlie Cameron Hang on a sec, he played I believe!

AstuteTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Riewoldt ducks into a tackle - high free kick. Riewoldt tackles Lions player high- free kick for holding the ball. Classic Richmond umpiring

Lions 18 frees to tigers 11 i think you got the big cats mixed up. Classic Lions umpiring.
How many soft 50 meter penalties, one absolute doozy that cost us a goal. How about all the bull s**t deliberate out of bounds, then it happens twice to lions and no free against. Take the blinkers off, you have severe tunnel vision.

Jack marks gets pulled down by Harris Andrews no 50, he got the goal anyway but Andrews deliberately brought him to ground.
Higgins's head nearly came off near goal square no free.
We got the rough end of the deal tonight but here you're as normal picking the ass out of Richmond, i know what you're thinking Richmond beating up on weak teams :p

Last edited:

AstuteTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Ross, Eggmolesse-Smith, Stack, Baker, McIntosh

Baker? he killed it tonight. 26 disposals. 6 marks and 7 rebound 50's
Macca and stack also played well with 15 disposals and 250+ meters gained.
Eggy didn't have a big game but he's likely to go our for Houli V GC in 2 weeks.

I personally think Higgo who only had 6 disposals or maybe Ross

AstuteTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Hope we play some good footy soon with all these gifts.

We are 5 goals up and I reckon we had two marks 30m out in the first half that for some reason our forwards passed off, plus Lynch missing from 20m out there and Jack Higgins running into goal from 20m out and not making the distance.

Yes, brissy kicked s**t but geez lynch misses directly in front, jack missed an easy snapshot. Castagna misses an easy snapshot and Higgo misses too. How bout dusty almost goal if he didn't get a finger on it. So many ifs from lions fans and tiger haters. More inside 50's, more scoring shots. 7 goal win and still complain about missed shots and umpiring, not sure why they did win the free kick count 18 to 11 :D

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Yes, brissy kicked sh*t but geez lynch misses directly in front, jack missed an easy snapshot. Higgo misses. How bout dusty almost goal if he didn't get a finger on it. So many ifs from lions fans and tiger haters. More inside 50's, more scoring shots. 7 goal win and still complain about missed shots and umpiring, not sure why they did win the free kick count 18 to 11 :D

You just had to do it didnt you !!!

Why go and ruin a good story :rolleyes:

Just read 10 pages on the Lions Board , Not 1 mention about Charlie "Get away from me grimes" Cameron
Poor fella thought Grimes was playing on him tonight until after the siren broad shook his hand

AstuteTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond

Just read 10 pages on the Lions Board , Not 1 mention about Charlie "Get away from me grimes" Cameron
Poor fella thought Grimes was playing on him tonight until after the siren broad shook his hand

Whatever makes them sleep better at night, damn ive killed that now for the lions lol

He's ready to go, training well. they said on the injury report he'll play on Sat. But I guess that still remains to be seen.

Be harsh to drop anyone. Think a few have gone past him. Stack was outstanding tonight

AstuteTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Listening to fagan it was a close game apperantly

Pretty sure he said in RD 23 2019 (MCG) that they would learn from the loss, thought they were closer than the score suggested. Then a week later at the GABBA the qtr final to many missed chances but got smacked by 8 goals. Now at Metricon guess the missed points has given him a false sense of security, only a 7 goal loss

AstuteTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
We beat them when they were closer to full strength than they are now, they may beat us if they play us again but it will be a lot closer than it was tonight.

That game felt like an eternity ago. We were slowly building, our intensity, pressure etc was nothing like its been over the past month.
We got beat by the hawks the week before convincingly does anyone think that the hawks would beat us if we were scheduled to play them this week.
We are slowing hitting top gear.

Saints are doing well, rapt for butler having a good season. Enjoy the home and away season, finals bound the saints.

Genghis Tron

HBF
Koala Light vs Dark Charity Match Gumbies FFC - Sweet F.A.
Apr 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Void
I can't excuses sore winners but if you're looking for a reason I can give you a couple from our point of view.

A) Sydney have far fewer fans (actual engaged supporters) than Richmond. The majority of footy fans are fine, it's the vocal majority that causes issues. We have a larger base, therefore we have a higher number of flogs.

B) Of the teams that have had an excessive drought, you could make a good argument for Richmond being the largest and most fanatic/rabid, so the response is bound to be louder from us. Not to mention the fact that the other "big 4" teams haven't had as big a drought followed by a period of sustained success as us. We've been spared the flogs of other supporter bases.

C) We have/had been the AFL worlds joke for going on 40 years. Copping it week after week, deservedly so, but at a rate and volume higher than any other team (in my opinion but not complaining at all). A lot of Richmond fans see our flogs as a twisted sort of karma for the years of ridicule.

Again, none of that excuses being a sore winner, but from my (biased) opinion, it's less of a reflection on the whole supporter base than it is an unfortunate example of when the universe says "no more!" and decides to punish you sinners with a flood of Richmond success.

I don't support winning without grace, but I support my Richmond brethren and their choice to finally hit the release valve. We've been through some s**t.

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
I can't excuses sore winners but if you're looking for a reason I can give you a couple from our point of view.

A) Sydney have far fewer fans (actual engaged supporters) than Richmond. The majority of footy fans are fine, it's the vocal majority that causes issues. We have a larger base, therefore we have a higher number of flogs.

B) Of the teams that have had an excessive drought, you could make a good argument for Richmond being the largest and most fanatic/rabid, so the response is bound to be louder from us. Not to mention the fact that the other "big 4" teams haven't had as big a drought followed by a period of sustained success as us. We've been spared the flogs of other supporter bases.

C) We have/had been the AFL worlds joke for going on 40 years. Copping it week after week, deservedly so, but at a rate and volume higher than any other team (in my opinion but not complaining at all). A lot of Richmond fans see our flogs as a twisted sort of karma for the years of ridicule.

Again, none of that excuses being a sore winner, but from my (biased) opinion, it's less of a reflection on the whole supporter base than it is an unfortunate example of when the universe says "no more!" and decides to punish you sinners with a flood of Richmond success.

I don't support winning without grace, but I support my Richmond brethren and their choice to finally hit the release valve. We've been through some sh*t.
what a load of claptrap, the moment we become a power house, it’s the weakest grand final ever played, you only won because of the MCG , the umpires carried you etc etc etc, no credit given how about gracious losers .

for 37 years we were the butt of jokes, there is a dedicated salt thread on our board so you can read the claptrap sprouted by oppos flogs

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,

Poor Charlie his motorbike broke down and RACQ couldn’t find him

this is the photo that the lions used pre semi final when complaining about Charlie being held, apperantly he should have got a free for that

1596573568917.jpeg

nothing from the commentary on it, #VICBIAS
if that was a port player he would've been executed by well and truly by now.
Lol. No self awareness with this dude. In a normal season Port enjoy the equivalent of at least a 3 game leg up over the Tigers. Much, much more this year. Yet you're still whinging that your pea hearted, plastic franchise of a club needs even more unsporting advantages to compete with the likes of clubs like Richmond.

You know what? I actually agree with you.

Back