Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 10 - Tigers v Lions Tues August 4th 7:10pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 32 39.0%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Baker? he killed it tonight. 26 disposals. 6 marks and 7 rebound 50's
Macca and stack also played well with 15 disposals and 250+ meters gained.
Eggy didn't have a big game but he's likely to go our for Houli V GC in 2 weeks.

I personally think Higgo who only had 6 disposals or maybe Ross
You're using those stats in hindsight. Baker stays, Higgins or Pickett go out imo. Which five players would you drop?

Some of the carry on from tigers supporters here is embarrassing.

Tigers only worry is they have to keep this form for 10 weeks. Different level ! It’s hard being favorite going into finals. Otherwise tigers too good.
Yeah since 2018 prelim Hardwick has been huge on not peaking too early. I still think we can play alot better than we did last night though and guys like prestia houli and Edwards will only help take it to another level over the next month or so hopefully.

Observation in return....pot kettle. What is good for one
Observation in return ? There was no piccy of a WC dude posted in this thread to compare. Go grasp at straws elsewhere. Was it a family member or something for you take offence.

You're using those stats in hindsight. Baker stays, Higgins or Pickett go out imo. Which five players would you drop?
5 players wont be dropped & Higgins will stay.
If and when all players becaome available for seletion I can only see these changes coming in.

In Prestia - Out Ross (Hasn't been a world beater but still unlucky)
In Houli - Out Egglemesse-Smith (Still green)
In Edwards - Out Stack. (needs to build fitness)
In Nankervis - Out Soldo. (Hasn't been up to it and getting well beaten) Chol easily 2nd choice backup.

Remaining out for now;
Astbury - Possible replacement being Balta who isn't doing much wrong besides a few minor brain fades and his efficiency by foot. Can't see Dimma playing all 3 talls in same side besides maybe against WC with Oscar Allan up there.
Caddy - Possible replacement being McIntosh. McIntosh remains due to Caddy's current poor form prior to injury.
Rioli - Possible replacement being Aarts. Not happening Aarts would have to literally fall over.

So leaves Higgins, Chol, Pickett & Graham in the side at full strength.

If and when all players becaome available for seletion I can only see these changes coming in.

In Nankervis - Out Soldo. (Hasn't been up to it and getting well beaten) Chol easily 2nd choice backup.

Remaining out for now;
Astbury - Possible replacement being Balta who isn't doing much wrong besides a few minor brain fades and his efficiency by foot. Can't see Dimma playing all 3 talls in same side besides maybe against WC with Oscar Allan up there.
Caddy - Possible replacement being McIntosh. McIntosh remains due to Caddy's current poor form prior to injury.
Rioli - Possible replacement being Aarts. Not happening Aarts would have to literally fall over.

Graham didn't play last night.

Remaining out for now;

The question was "Who makes way for Caddy, Edwards, Houli, Prestia and Astbury?"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fu** me, you are precious.

Guy dresses like Joffa 'Oh look a Joffa impersonator'.

BBC1967 = "Yeah, well fu** your cheer squad too you campaigner".

Stay classy.
No one wants to look like Joffa, once again can give it but can’t take it. Who is the precious one?

Remaining out for now;

I reckon Astbury will come straight back in to take the 2nd tall and allow grimes some more freedom. Also means Broad doesnt have to play on a tall either.

No one wants to look like Joffa, once again can give it but can’t take it. Who is the precious one?
You're jumping at shadows.

Unless that was you in the photo and you're now offended.

Which would make sense considering your total overreaction to the original comment.

I reckon Astbury will come straight back in to take the 2nd tall and allow grimes some more freedom. Also means Broad doesnt have to play on a tall either.

Think that makes us too tall. I understand we used to have Rance in the same defence so Balta would just be replacing Rance. But we never used to play 2 rucks or 2 tall forwards with that setup.

Would obviously replace Ross with Prestia, Egg with Houli, Stack with Edwards and Soldo with Nank. Caddy is better than McIntosh but given hes coming back from injury its not certain we need to make that change.

I agree although very hard to trade in a quality KPF, not many clubs would let or want them to go, Joe Daniher could be an option if our rehab staff think they can get his injury under control, the other is Jeremy Cameron who is a RFA at the end of the season, may want too much dollars to make it viable though.

If I was a decision maker at Brisbane, I'd be doing everything I can to make it happen. You guys have all the pieces to the puzzle except for the dominant power fwd. And if you get a Cameron or Daniher type, watch McStay and Hipwood come into their own

The question was "Who makes way for Caddy, Edwards, Houli, Prestia and Astbury?"

No guarantees about Prestia anyway, syndesmosis can be tricky and if hes not close to 100% then no point playing him. Nank has the same injury and apparently hes almost fine, Prestia still not running. Edwards still in melbourne so theres no guarantee he'll even play again this season, he may choose to stay with his newborn.

Caddy - Macca
Houli - Egg
Prestia - Ross
Edwards - one of Higgins/Pickett/Stack (Higgins for mine)
Astbury - buggered if i know but def not Balta or any of our other defenders

Think that makes us too tall. I understand we used to have Rance in the same defence so Balta would just be replacing Rance. But we never used to play 2 rucks or 2 tall forwards with that setup.

Would obviously replace Ross with Prestia, Egg with Houli, Stack with Edwards and Soldo with Nank. Caddy is better than McIntosh but given hes coming back from injury its not certain we need to make that change.

Then we'll have to work something out with the fwds/rucks bc Astbury back in defence gives us more flexibility

I was convinced that Bolton was a terrible player after his first few seasons but credit to him he's come good
I wouldn't blame you for thinking that given how much he tried to take on early, but personally he's the one that I was most excited about from the youth. I remember seeing his pre-AFL list matches and the way he weaved in the packs was amazing. He dominated the midfield of the VFL as well last year and the year before. It's just that at the beginning he tried to play at a level beyond what he was ready to do, making him look ordinary. I'm glad we didn't try to coach the natural flair out of his game even though he'd turn the ball over or get caught HTB often.

The one that surprises me is Baker. I honestly didn't see this coming tbh. I thought he'd be fringe at best but was fantastic yesterday.

Back