Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 11 Eagles v Blues Sun August 9th 3:35pm AEST (Optus) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Blues by a goal or less

• Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Blues by a lot

• Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You patience for people discussing West Coast is of no interest to me. I'm talking about today's game. If it's so tedious, why even respond and involve yourself?

I don't think I am over-reacting. Just because it's not a narrative that you enjoy doesn't make in incorrect.

Your response here actually goes to my point, so I'm not sure why you made it. I 100% agree that the only time the umpiring was brought into conversation, was when it was directly helping West Coast multiple times and at crucial stages. The conversation wasn't being had at other times because it's obvious as hell to everyone (except WCE posters) that Carlton got no leg up from the umpires at all and there was no conversation to be had. Weird for you to bring that up but I agree...

Again, I didn't say that at all and you have misrepresented me. I actually congratulated West Coast, whom I think are a good side on taking their opportunities.

That 'blown' lead was directly influenced by the umpires. Nobody knows what could have been, but my whole thing is that umpires had farrrrr too big of a say in the game and hell of a lot went West Coasts way at crucial times of the match. It was incredibly bad umpiring.
Okay fair, the umpiring was woeful, I agree but how is that West Coasts fault? Its not like we are doing anything. If the umpires make bad decisions that is up to the AFL

there are Collingwood and Essendon supporters saying the same thing, saw the devil walk past with a snow jacket on, so you know its a cold day in hell before those two back Carlton, yet here we are. WC took their chances after the blues were reamed, would have been nice for the umpires to at least buy us dinner first before they did that to us
Collingwood and Essendon supporters have a very good reasons to hate West coast lately .

There just the on field variety you are not accustomed too

That 'blown' lead was directly influenced by the umpires. Nobody knows what could have been, but my whole thing is that umpires had farrrrr too big of a say in the game and hell of a lot went West Coasts way at crucial times of the match. It was incredibly bad umpiring.
This is said every week in every teams thread for the last god knows how long. Have a drink and go to bed.

Okay fair, the umpiring was woeful, I agree but how is that West Coasts fault? Its not like we are doing anything. If the umpires make bad decisions that is up to the AFL

I've never implied it's the fault of West Coast. My bugbear is people in here claiming it wasn't the case, when (almost) every man and their dog could see how poor and unbalanced the officiating was.

It's an issue the AFL needs to address but clearly will not. As I said, I feel very strongly about how the game is being ruined by the officiating standards and made a thread about it weeks ago... Tonight was a classic example of what has been a problem for quite a while now.

I don't think I am over-reacting. Just because it's not a narrative that you enjoy doesn't make in incorrect.

Boy who cried wolf?

Your response here actually goes to my point, so I'm not sure why you made it. I 100% agree that the only time the umpiring was brought into conversation, was when it was directly helping West Coast multiple times and at crucial stages. The conversation wasn't being had at other times because it's obvious as hell to everyone (except WCE posters) that Carlton got no leg up from the umpires at all and there was no conversation to be had. Weird for you to bring that up but I agree...

Because it's blinkered garbage. I've literally highlighted decisions that benefited Carlton and you just cover your ears and pretend it didn't happen because "neutrals" weren't all over it.

I've never implied it's the fault of West Coast. My bugbear is people in here claiming it wasn't the case, when (almost) every man and their dog could see how poor and unbalanced the officiating was.

It's an issue the AFL needs to address but clearly will not. As I said, I feel very strongly about how the game is being ruined by the officiating standards and made a thread about it weeks ago... Tonight was a classic example of what has been a problem for quite a while now.
Maybe you could start a Change .org petition like Collingwood did to reverse the GF result. The AFL need a a shakeup.

Personally I dont think umpires are that good or talented enough to favour one team at critical moments at important times as is being claimed or deliver a near even number of frees for and against one team while greatly favouring that team. Thats all in the minds of non Eagles supporters watching the game and Fremantle supporters doing whatever they do during games mostly

Last edited:
Boy who cried wolf?

Relevance?

Because it's blinkered garbage. I've literally highlighted decisions that benefited Carlton and you just cover your ears and pretend it didn't happen because "neutrals" weren't all over it.

You 'literally' have provided nothing of the sort in your conversation with me... What are you going on about?

Personally I dont think umpires are that good or talented enough to favour one team at critical moments at important times as is being claimed or deliver a near even number of frees for and against one team while greatly favouring that team. Thats all in the minds of people watching the game and Fremantle supporters mostly
Oh...i dunno..Stevic and Hawthorn spring to mind:cool:

Agree with you that the standard of umpiring is dead set woeful, no one has any clarity regrading holding the ball or incorrect disposal. The decision against SPP was awful. Hopefully they fix it before the finals. All the best to Carlton a really good team, one midfielder away from tearing this up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You patience for people discussing West Coast is of no interest to me. I'm talking about today's game. If it's so tedious, why even respond and involve yourself?

Again, I didn't say that at all and you have misrepresented me. I actually congratulated West Coast, whom I think are a good side on taking their opportunities.

Dude, we were beaten by a better, more experienced side and the umpiring had nothing to do with it. The adjudication of games is a consistent mess. Consistently inconsistent.

Absolutely says everything that this thread is littered with neutrals claiming how bad the umpiring was and how it favoured West Coast at critical moments. It's only WCE supporters pretending it's Carlton posters sooking and that everything was fair and equal... funny about that.

The game was totally marred by the umpires. It's not just the ones that they did pay, it was the obvious ones that they didn't. The amount of goals that were influenced by umpiring decisions and the 50-50 decisions predominantly going one way, totally ruined what was a great contest.

The Eagles are a very good side and full credit to them for taking their opportunities, but I think the Carlton footy club has every right to ask some serious questions of the AFL.

Happens every fortnight when the visitors come to town.
1 day the afl will be professional enough to have umpires from nuteral states officiating with consistent turnover so the same umpires can't continually umpire their chosen team.

I was at the game today, there was only 19k people. It was the quietest Eagles crowd I have ever been apart of. I cant see how we influenced the umpires. There was a few shockers (both for & against us) for sure & I thought we got the rub of the green. But I guess that is how footy goes. There has been a few games at home this season where I thought the umpiring went the other way.

Back