Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 11 - Saints v Cats Mon August 10th 6:10pm AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

surely as a tigers fan you of all people - unless you’re 3 years old which is a possibility I’m not entirely discounting - should understand the value of continually putting yourself in a position to try and challenge and how difficult it is to continually be thereabouts
No doubt the Cats have been exceptional in this area. No doubt. Getting there is the one thing they do well, better than any other team.

Personally I do not rate Geelong in finals these days. Yes they'll make it again but I think they have as much chance of winning it all as Essendon do. There are more dangerous teams lurking than Geelong.

100% agree, with Hawkins they would have held on against us

Dunno. That does my head in a lot less than dropping Stanley then watching Grundy annihilate us leading to us losing a game to Collingwood we just should not have lost. Win that and the semi Hawkins gets suspended in can't even happen.

No doubt the Cats have been exceptional in this area. No doubt. Getting there is the one thing they do well, better than any other team.

Personally I do not rate Geelong in finals these days. Yes they'll make it again but I think they have as much chance of winning it all as Essendon do. There are more dangerous teams lurking than Geelong.

I don’t disagree but we are making prelims and to make them you have to win at some point. Obviously winning a QF would help though

I don’t disagree but we are making prelims and to make them you have to win at some point. Obviously winning a QF would help though
Yep and again that Geelong go so deep in finals and for so long is an incredible testament to the club. I thought they'd fall off the cliff at about the same time as Hawthorn but the Cats just won't go away.

Is Hawthorn still in the comp these days? Oh wait, they're playing in WA right now and losing to Fremantle. Go Dockers!!

no no I agree with that, it was just a weird call from the commentators, this Geelong side is not some champion team on the back end of a great era, that was 2015, in 2020 it is very much a desperately hungry contender.

Would there be 6-ish players left from the glory days of 2011?
I count Hawkins, Duncan, Selwood, Taylor.

You can add Ablett from 2009 too.

This side has basically no resemblance and hasn't for a while.

I'm new to afl, so im curious why geelong was considered favourite for this match despite being higher on the ladder?

Dunno. That does my head in a lot less than dropping Stanley then watching Grundy annihilate us leading to us losing a game to Collingwood we just should not have lost. Win that and the semi Hawkins gets suspended in can't even happen.
Yeah that was a funny QF, they seemed to just hold you at arms length and it never really caught fire like most finals do at some point.

I dont think geelong can beat full strength Brisbane, saints, Port and Richmond.

I feel they're making up the numbers and have been lucky with the draw of late.

How weird was that commentary at the end about the Cats being 'a champion side, you would think they would take their foot off the pedal, but they don't'

An entire decade has flashed by without the Fox footy team noticing, lol. Surely 90% of that Cats side has only ever known bitter disappointment and failure, and would be absolutely craving success?

Yeah, finishing top four most years since 2004 would probably be enough to qualify for that comment. Do you think we’ll be saying the same thing about the tigers next decade? Perhaps, but I doubt it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm new to afl, so im curious why geelong was considered favourite for this match despite being higher on the ladder?
Ladder isn't everything, it's just who you've played too this point. Saints were coming off 4 wins in a row but 3 the last 4 i think were against sides who threw in the towel pretty early. You gauge the quality of the wins as much as the ledger

14 to cats 13 to Saints, easily accounts for 10 goals, I think Saints deserve the 4 points

just missed so many StKildas way. When you have the oldest team playing the youngest you can’t allow teams just to infringe every chance they get.

Yeah, finishing top four most years since 2004 would probably be enough to qualify for that comment. Do you think we’ll be saying the same thing about the tigers next decade? Perhaps, but I doubt it.
I don't see them that way at all, to your advantage I believe.
You have got 38/45 players maybe...guys like Danger for example, never played in a GF.

They have the hunger of *not* being a champion team (yet).

Yep incredible the amount of blatant in the backs holds and HTB against Geelong

The adults are talking, go focus on your own team...or wasn't the 23 free kicks to 8 enough against us? Razor Ray definitely didn't think so, and he's just a fountain of wisdom

I dont think geelong can beat full strength Brisbane, saints, Port and Richmond.

I feel they're making up the numbers and have been lucky with the draw of late.
Geelong had a solid 27pt win over Brisbane while missing their #1 ruck and AA defender and Brisbane were missing zorko. Zorko a gun but hardly a near 5 goal difference maker.

I didn't look at the saints tonight and think that their outs would have changed much materially.

Are we a better side than Richmond or Port? Maybe, maybe not. Both looked really good the other day. Port off a short break look like a tall order. But one thing is for sure the saints are no where near it and Brissy has a gap to jump

The adults are talking, go focus on your own team...or wasn't the 23 free kicks to 8 enough against us? Razor Ray definitely didn't think so, and he's just a fountain of wisdom

I agree we got a dream run. You guys got a great run tonight. I’d like Grundy to swing his opponents out the way like Stanley did. Or Hawkins using both hand to push in the back. Just diving on top of players no free taking on tackles no free.

I agree we got a dream run. You guys got a great run tonight. I’d like Grundy to swing his opponents out the way like Stanley did. Or Hawkins using both hand to push in the back. Just diving on top of players no free taking on tackles no free.

So then if it's swings and roundabouts, and we got nowhere near the amount of love you guys got (+15 free kicks to you guys, +1 to us tonight despite monstering St Kilda in tackles 60-37) what exactly is your problem?

Move along bud.

Back