Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 12 - Cats v Port Fri August 14th 7:50pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Well ofcourse Cats were going to be there abouts this year. Since Gc and GWS have come into the comp and diluted the talent there's been no great teams, just alot of evenly matched teams, if your team's not a basket case you'll have a good chance of the 8 and from there anything can happen.

yeah that Hawthorn side was just mediocre

Even as a neutral it was frustrating watching coaching inaction last night on the one side, and very impressed on the other with how well the cats team was marshalled.

Even though the game was won elsewhere, how impotent was Port in countering the counter measures on their KPF.

Big Tom H was magnificent. I am reminded of some years ago when he suffered back injuries and could hardly bend over. He was moving like a wild cat last night, and he looked imdomitable.

Are Cats peaking a tad early? Talk abt 1st world problems?
Can Ports younger players survive finals heat?

For further instruction on how not to coach, please tune into the Dees Pies match today. A double dose of detritus coming up.

Unfortunately that is life as a Port supporter under Ken Hinkley. I don’t think we’ve made a positive in-game adjustment once in the last 5-6 years.

The winner of this match will win the 2020 premiership

Port Adelaide to upset my boys by 27 points.
uh oh...lol
Cats for the flag....

GO Catters

Geez, what a monster game from Hawkins - 17 disposals, 10 marks (7 contested), 6 goals, 2 goal assists, 12 score involvements, 3 tackles, 3 one percenters, and a Champion Data Player Ranking Score of 204.

Probably the best game he's ever played in his great career, and one of the best games you'll see from a key forward (particularly in today's footy).

Geez, what a monster game from Hawkins - 17 disposals, 10 marks (7 contested), 6 goals, 2 goal assists, 12 score involvements, 3 tackles, 3 one percenters, and a Champion Data Player Ranking Score of 204.

Probably the best game he's ever played in his great career, and one of the best games you'll see from a key forward (particularly in today's footy).

this game or the Melbourne match at KP a few years ago when Tuohy goaled after the siren.

special mention to the post siren game against the hawks in 2012 as well

Whats impressive about the cats is their coming off 4 , 5 , 4 , 4 day breaks..
5 games in 19 days plus flying from WA to QLD and all we hear is Saints and Port are short a leg lol

GO Catters

Cats very impressive, good win for them.

If the media keep carrying on about extending Ken I'm going to neck myself - is there a worse gameday coach in history?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m getting light-headed reading oppo fans pumping up our chances. Loved the previous two posts!

However, it also occurs to me that this could be the high-water mark of our season... so I might let some air out of my balloon for a bit. Safer that way...

I still don't think Geelong will win it. Too much form for being a great H&A side but not getting it done in September. 2019/20 off season list management hasn't really addressed any weaknesses. Not without a chance, but what makes Geelong 2020 (no Kelly, Ablett and co a year older) more of a shout than Geelong 2019?

Just think that completely avoiding MCG tenants in MCG finals helps them a little. And on a sample size of two games playing Port in Qld and WC in Perth brought very different outcomes.

Back