Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 12 - Dockers v Blues Sat August 15th 8:10pm AEST (Optus) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So with Freo coming off wins over older Collingwood and Hawthorn teams and games against 6th/8th/10th/11th/13th/16th/17th to come, you've given the season away? 8th and 9th don't have a percentage much above Freo's.

You lot really have copped a mental battering.
Surely you remember the feeling?

Surely you remember the feeling?

Of course! Maybe my perspective is coloured by making the finals from 3-10.

Freo has been younger than the opposition in every game except St.Kilda & Gold Coast. Would've thought confidence would be building with the new coach's gameplan starting to bed down.

So with Freo coming off wins over older Collingwood and Hawthorn teams and games against 6th/8th/10th/11th/13th/16th/17th to come, you've given the season away? 8th and 9th don't have a percentage much above Freo's.

You lot really have copped a mental battering.
You’re right, team that starts the season 2 and 6 should be confident they can go 8 and 1 for the rest of the season to guarantee themselves a finals spot, while missing their 3 best tall defenders for the rest of the year (and 4 or 5 other best 22 players).

i didn’t say I wasn’t enjoying the style of football were playing, and that I don’t have hope for the future, only that both Carlton and Freo are unlikely to play finals this year.

i didn’t say I wasn’t enjoying the style of football were playing, and that I don’t have hope for the future, only that both Carlton and Freo are unlikely to play finals this year.

I see it a bit differently. Freo's penchant for looking sideways and backwards, and hanging onto the ball, is not terribly entertaining. The drama comes when they look like turning it over! It's a little bit like Brendon Bolton's style, but is starting to prove effective.

I see it a bit differently. Freo's penchant for looking sideways and backwards, and hanging onto the ball, is not terribly entertaining. The drama comes when they look like turning it over! It's a little bit like Brendon Bolton's style, but is starting to prove effective.

I'm not familiar with Bolton's gameplan, but I think we're probably more inspired by Collingwood and West Coast. When we build that connection with the forward-line and get the right cattle in (get Hogan back to his best, get players like Young, Pearce, and co back from injury, get some young players like Frederick up to speed, and debut Henry) I think we'll be a lot better to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back