Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 12 - Dogs v Crows Sun August 16th 1:05pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Crows by 7 - 2p

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Was later in the game. I don’t think the camera focussed on the bloke marking, but from memory he fumbled it as the whistle sounded, it fell on the ground. And he ran off to set up defensively.

Found it

Definitely marked it and just dropped it to run off

and it was Eleni

and on 2nd watch the initial kick away was more borderline than I had given credit for

no50.png

Found it

Definitely marked it and just dropped it to run off

and it was Eleni

and on 2nd watch the initial kick away was more borderline than I had given credit for

View attachment 937830
Even so, as far as I’m aware you don’t HAVE to return the ball unless directly instructed, it’s why players will place it down on the ground. Crows player was standing a metre away, he should’ve been able to grab it pretty quickly

That is a weird way of doubling down - pretending a rule doesn't exist - maybe you could get a job umpiring AFL
You are allowed to place the ball on the ground, unless you’ve been instructed by an umpire to return the ball. If you haven’t been instructed to return the ball, you can’t be penalised for such.
it’s the same reason you don’t see a 50 paid for giving it to the wrong player prior to umpire advice.

you’ve yet to provide an actual rule or evidence. You posted a screenshot, to show that the umpire had already blown the whistle and told the player to give it back. Screenshots don’t have sound

have you ever watched a game? Pretty much every free kick would result in a 50 if what you claim is true.

If you have possession of the ball when a free kick is called you have to give it straight back to the player

Never can you just place it on the ground and run off-
Have you ever actually watched a game? It happens all the time. Players even stand over the top of it and refuse to move so they other player can’t get to it until the umpire tells them to stop.

the above is just crap. if you “have to give it straight back” as soon as the free kick is paid you’d see 100 50m penalties a game. Players delay until the umpire gives them direct instruction, it’s been happening forever.

Autopsy...its ******* campaigner Adelaide, so you know it'll be a train wreck.

They'll lose all remaining games this yr,...ffs, they make the Brisbane broncos seem like a top 8 side.

Hopefully they're nearly as bad next year so I can bet against them early in the comp.

Back