Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 12 - Swans v Giants Thurs August 13th 8:10pm AEST (Optus)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Giants by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Giants by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Swans by a lot

• Giants by a lot

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Players don't look like they want to play for Cameron. Not inspiring them or threatening them to perform. They lost to an inferior team by being out worked. Normally, GWS would beat Sydney by beating them at the ball and out classing them. So much today would see GWS players waiting away from the pack waiting for someone else to win the ball.

so someone tell me, is that the first time all of a teams goals have come from free kicks?
and that would be free kicks that weren't there! Cameron's was pathetically soft, Findlayson blocked Melican so should have gone Swans way, the last one was not ITB but HTB!

Disgraceful performance by the umpires and GW$ That loss suddenly gives finals hope to another four teams

I hate Dwayne Russell, how can i hate someone who i have never met before? I understand disliking someone who you haven't met but I'm pretty sure it's hate.

If you met the bloke it would really do your head in then, as he is a ripper. Seriously, away from his job he is softly spoken, engaging, has a great dry sense of humour and a very good memory.
Met him twice, first in 2014 by chance at a cocktail function. We spoke for about 20-30 minutes in a small group mainly on all matters footy, swapped business cards at the end of night etc. done, get on with life...
Then about 18 months later I bumped into him again at a media promotion luncheon that I wasn't even planning to attend - and Derrrwayne not only remembered my name, but also who I worked for and of course who I supported as he had a polite dig about me predicting a Hawks '5 peat!', which of course I profusely denied, mainly out of frustration given I had zero comeback as I could't remember anything we discussed 18 months prior at a random corporate pi*s up...

Last edited:
He said about the Giants: too many underperforming star players on big-money/long-term deals who aren't hungry enough and they seem to be satisfied just to pick & choose which games to give it 100%

Their performance was unfathomable given they'd had 11 days between games. But this isn't a normal footy season and maybe they're all hubbed out. They flew across the country to play a team from down the road at a neutral stadium.

Having said that, I hope the media gives them hell so that they're fired up for the West Coast game.

so someone tell me, is that the first time all of a teams goals have come from free kicks?

The Dogs kept Carlton to one goal in a game in 1991. I could be wrong, but from memory their goal was from a free kick to Mark Arceri.

Their performance was unfathomable given they'd had 11 days between games. But this isn't a normal footy season and maybe they're all hubbed out. They flew across the country to play a team from down the road at a neutral stadium.

Having said that, I hope the media gives them hell so that they're fired up for the West Coast game.
They played 6 days earlier on the Friday night.

Richmond have destroyed another club!!

Choc Williams must be laughing at the moment. Leon Cameron is going to end up wasting a generation of talent for this club.

I rekon Jezza Cameron has checked out too. Off to the Bombers to play ANZAC Day/Dreamtime at the G every season.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THe giants with stars like Ward, Coniglio, Whitfield, Hopper, Toranto, Williams got belted by a bunch of kids

gotta love footy.

We may not win another game this year but our rebuild is well advanced.

So much talent, completely underperforming. That’s a ridiculously bad first half.

I’m here for it, as a dogs fan. But there’s a small part of me bemoaning the absolute waste of so many good careers.

The Ferrari metaphor was way overdone, but it’s criminal that a side with Whitfield, Kelly, Coniglio, Hopper, Taranto etc ever plays like that - let alone does so on a reasonably regular basis.

Bloods senior players Luke Parker, Dane Rampe, Jake Lloyd and Sam Reid led by example and guided the youngsters to victory by applying lots of pressure. It was pleasing to see so many guys in Red and White playing

Back