Preview AFL 2020 Round 14 - Carlton v Collingwood Sun August 30th 3:35 pm AEST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hasn't Cripps turned into a complete spud this season.
You would hope that if he continues to spud it up around the ball he can at least make a contribution up forward, but I'm not sure if he has ever nailed a set shot.
Felt like he was starting to get a bit cleaner last year and nailing a few more set shots. This year has just been a complete write off. Not sure what has happened. Don’t think I could say he’s looked like Cripps in a single game.

Felt like he was starting to get a bit cleaner last year and nailing a few more set shots. This year has just been a complete write off. Not sure what has happened. Don’t think I could say he’s looked like Cripps in a single game.
Yeah something doesn't seem right about him this year

Doesn't seem to be carrying an obvious injury either, maybe knee?

Yeah something doesn't seem right about him this year

Doesn't seem to be carrying an obvious injury either, maybe knee?
He hurt his shoulder against North and still has it taped but he wasn’t playing very well prior.

Feels like he’s carrying a groin or knee issue or something. He’s obviously not a speedster but he absolutely has always had enough speed to burst out of stoppage and use his handball well. This year he’s always under heat and seemingly has no confidence to get around defenders. Even as a marking target down the line he doesn’t look as good.

Media love to say Carlton is driving him into the ground and all that crap but that would only be the case if he was playing with an injury needing surgery. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s got some niggling issue that won’t hurt him long term. Doesn’t make sense for him to just drop off like this.

Oh Adam H in your 40s and trolling in pain since Collingwood pantsed your saints in 2010

The giveaway is nobody, but nobody, cares about the Saints except their own supporters. Same as the Demons. Anyone pumping up or defending Melbourne with another team assigned makes me suspicious.

Hasn't Cripps turned into a complete spud this season.
You would hope that if he continues to spud it up around the ball he can at least make a contribution up forward, but I'm not sure if he has ever nailed a set shot.
I am certain he is carrying an injury. His explosiveness off the mark is just not there at the moment. I remember seeing him at the MCG last year and he surprised me with his first few yards of pace. I am just not seeing that now and you cannot tell me that he suddenly lost the pace as he is still relatively young. I really think that the blues have been playing him injured.

He was high but is a bust and what can you do?

He is just not up to AFL level after being a dominant junior as he can’t kick the ball. Massive flaw in his game which was glossed over at the under 18 level but he not getting away with it in the AFL.
Seems like he’s put on a bit of size and he gets to the right places at times but drifts in and out of the game.
I agree re his disposal it’s quite poor, not sure what’s the best position for him or would it be best to see what you could get trade wise?

I am certain he is carrying an injury. His explosiveness off the mark is just not there at the moment. I remember seeing him at the MCG last year and he surprised me with his first few yards of pace. I am just not seeing that now and you cannot tell me that he suddenly lost the pace as he is still relatively young. I really think that the blues have been playing him injured.
Agreed. Never been lightning fast but last year he was getting out of stoppages with ease almost every week and finding teammates for handballs or getting it down the line. This year almost everything I’ve seen from him has been a tough contested handball. In recent years he’s been good at tackling blokes unexpectedly too.

Doesn’t really look confident jumping for marks either.

is there a more softer club going around then Carlton?? Dead set no goals in the second half when a spot up for grabs in the 8 in the coming weeks.

And Patrick Cripps is ridiculously overrated. I watched a bloke by the name of Jack Steele last night who torched us in the midfield. Now that's one player I'd take any day of the week over Cripps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is there a more softer club going around then Carlton?? Dead set no goals in the second half when a spot up for grabs in the 8 in the coming weeks.

And Patrick Cripps is ridiculously overrated. I watched a bloke by the name of Jack Steele last night who torched us in the midfield. Now that's one player I'd take any day of the week over Cripps.
Good luck mate

Blues cannot perform when they are favourites. Seriously they’ve had a good month and just went to butter against a very ordinary pies side

Pretty much. Since the restart we have twice had games to get above .500 for the first time since 2013. Both games vs beatable oppponents out of form (today and vs Hawthorn). Both games had a winning position (5 goals to nil vs Hawthorn, 10pt lead mid way through the third quarter today).

Scoreless half today and 15 goals to 3 after quarter time va Hawthorn the result.

It’s brutal for supporters - these aren’t even false starts, but the engine blowing up just when the race is about to begin.

The comments on Cripps are fair game too. Was totally ordinary and missed easy shots on goal in both games. Could say the same about Docherty and he’s our other captain.

So your more than content at where your club sits, in what is it yr 7 of rebuilding?
Rebuilding didn't start until the end of 2015. So not sure where you've pulled 7 years from.

You can't just instantly become a better side anyway. They've looked much better than last year even with the infuriating goal pile ons.

There are a lot of players who look good when their team is in front and winning. The real test of a player's worth is when its tough and you are behind just like today's game. They put their hand up in the clinches and really "want it", they are desperate for a win.

Sadly, there were more than a few of our lads who didn't "want it" enough and in turn, have to be questioned as to whether they are genuinely up to the standard required to win premierships.

Yes, there are plenty still with their trainer wheels on but that isn't an excuse for a lack of skills & "never say die" attitude.

Extremely disappointing & embarrassing performance in the second half, I hope Teague has stripped paint off the walls in his spray at them for that effort.

Back