Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 15 - Swans v Demons Thurs September 3rd 4:40pm AEST (Cazaly Stadium) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Swans by a lot

• Demons by a lot

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Please read the updated Main Board rules and post within them. Thank you.
Rules - FESTIVAL OF RED IN EFFECT: Updated Main Board Rules: READ BEFORE POSTING
FESTIVAL OF RED IN EFFECT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE THIS MEANS - ANY POSTER IN BREACH OF RULES WILL BE CARDED NO MATTER HOW MINOR THE BREACH OF RULES IS Welcome to the Main Board The objective of the AFL board is to have a board where posters can discuss football in a sensible manner.

We have an incompetent selection committee, we have a lot of VFL standard players, we have a lack of intensity and energy when we need to go, we clearly have leadership issues, and we have an intrinsic culture of losing within our club.
Melbourne remind me of the tigers when we were bad. Always offered false hope and just when you thought maybe they’ve turned the corner they come up with a stinker to leave their fans totally demoralised. It’s gonna take a whole club change of culture from the president to CEO to coach. Only started to change for us as the off field was united and we had strong leaders in Peggy and Benny. Then the final piece came together with the addition of Balmey and everyone was on the same page. I don’t feel that Melbourne has that off field right as yet and until they do these results are going to continue to happen.

Melbourne remind me of the tigers when we were bad. Always offered false hope and just when you thought maybe they’ve turned the corner they come up with a stinker to leave their fans totally demoralised. It’s gonna take a whole club change of culture from the president to CEO to coach. Only started to change for us as the off field was united and we had strong leaders in Peggy and Benny. Then the final piece came together with the addition of Balmey and everyone was on the same page. I don’t feel that Melbourne has that off field right as yet and until they do these results are going to continue to happen.
Which Richmond are you talking about? I remember Richmond from 13-15 playing regular finals but bombing out, then missing in 16, then exploding in 17. Honestly, I just don’t think we have got it in us under Goodwin, so you’re probably right on that front. I am very frustrated by our performance but don’t know if we have the capacity to overhaul the club and find a better way to go.

We need a major list overhaul and we need a new coach.

Today just shows that some times it doesn’t matter where any 2 teams are on the ladder. It’s about the club culture. Sydney aren’t the best team atm but their culture is up there with the best in the comp. Melbourne have a team full of great players but their culture is awful and has been since the 60s

Which Richmond are you talking about? I remember Richmond from 13-15 playing regular finals but bombing out, then missing in 16, then exploding in 17. Honestly, I just don’t think we have got it in us under Goodwin, so you’re probably right on that front. I am very frustrated by our performance but don’t know if we have the capacity to overhaul the club and find a better way to go.

We need a major list overhaul and we need a new coach.
No I’m talking Richmond prior to Dimma coming on board. From 2013 I thought we were on the right track just took a few years to get there. I don’t know enough about your board, President and CEO but maybe it’s a deeper problem than just Goodwin?

No I’m talking Richmond prior to Dimma coming on board. From 2013 I thought we were on the right track just took a few years to get there. I don’t know enough about your board, President and CEO but maybe it’s a deeper problem than just Goodwin?
Potentially yeah, hard to know the behind the scenes workings. Gary Pert hasn’t got good wraps on him. I’ve heard officially that he wasn’t regarded well at Collingwood and the same source was ‘baffled’ he got another CEO role. He also approved 4 years for Goodwin post 2018.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Potentially yeah, hard to know the behind the scenes workings. Gary Pert hasn’t got good wraps on him. I’ve heard officially that he wasn’t regarded well at Collingwood and the same source was ‘baffled’ he got another CEO role. He also approved 4 years for Goodwin post 2018.
IMO the players run the show at the demons, until that changes you guys are going nowhere, it was the same at the tigers, it was the same at the blues.

the hero worship of CP5 is ridiculous , there are supporters who rate him higher than Dangerfield, Martin etc, even last week he got you over the line? hmmmm, let’s wait till he puts a couple , maybe one good season together, maybe even strings 5 good games together, before we start calling him the best player in the competition.

as for the CEO unless you’re a mate of Gilligan , you need to be an ex footballer to get a gig, the industry is inbred, how can a sacked failed ceo get another gig at another club straight away?

it doesn’t happen in other industries.

IMO the players run the show at the demons, until that changes you guys are going nowhere, it was the same at the tigers, it was the same at the blues.

the hero worship of CP5 is ridiculous , there are supporters who rate him higher than Dangerfield, Martin etc, even last week he got you over the line? hmmmm, let’s wait till he puts a couple , maybe one good season together, maybe even strings 5 good games together, before we start calling him the best player in the competition.

as for the CEO unless you’re a mate of Gilligan , you need to be an ex footballer to get a gig, the industry is inbred, how can a sacked failed ceo get another gig at another club straight away?

I think that says more about the individual club than the AFL as a whole. Although maybe the AFL has more influence in the dealings of a club like Melbourne than a stronger club like Richmond.

Hmmm, maybe, but we clearly don’t have a coaching group to identify a way to win and sustain it. Nor an ability to identify sub par v AFL standard players. Selection was horrendously out of touch yesterday. We are playing 5 talls in our backline against a medium to small Sydney forward line? I genuinely question the acumen of our coaching group in that situation.

Pert signed the 4 year deal for Goodwin after 2018. Why not 2 then a review for 2 more? It’s pretty incompetent. If you’d reviewed our 2018 season you’d see that we put a block of footy together early on, then faded, then got another run on at the end of the year. The last period for us has been;
Loss
Win
Loss
Win
Win
Win

The St Kilda game is us well and truly getting out of jail. You can see where there are periods where we just fade right away. Conceded about 5 goals to the bulldogs in the third, did it against St Kilda (they kicked a few easy ones to narrow the margin), then did it last night against the Swans. Then we add the fact we can’t kick straight when we need to. Kicking for goal across the board is poor, but we are definitely one of the worst performing sides at it. Fritsch is horrendously out of touch for a forward.

Did I read somewhere that Gawn had a grin about something post game? I just don’t think we’ve got the killer instinct. You can see how Kennedy and Parker rub off on the more inexperienced Swans. Lots of finals, lots of big wins. We lack a killer instinct and unfortunately the message isn’t sinking in from our coaching group.

I think that says more about the individual club than the AFL as a whole. Although maybe the AFL has more influence in the dealings of a club like Melbourne than a stronger club like Richmond.
The AFL can’t preside over our executive decisions forever. If that’s the case then we might as well just re brand ourselves as the MCC Demons. We need to be able to stand on our own two feet, and if we can’t without the AFL stepping in then just fold them.

We have an incompetent selection committee, we have a lot of VFL standard players, we have a lack of intensity and energy when we need to go, we clearly have leadership issues, and we have an intrinsic culture of losing within our club.

I’ve really liked the way the dees have played this year, when they have their rhythm.

Up until this loss, I was sure they’d be playing finals.

Bugger!

Back