Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 16 - Saints v Hawks Sun September 6th 1:05pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

• Saints by a lot

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You defend an obvious free kick to Breust,
A slap in the face that gets seen by the ump (because you have your back to play in a one on one) is a free kick every day of the week. It makes me laugh when morons dispute those decisions

and then say an obvious 50 to Butler is soft. Get your eyes tested
Except I didn't dispute the decision, did I?

Merely pointed out that Butler milked the fifty by holding the ball out to Gunston and dropping it when Gunston reacted.
Those ones are 50/50. Good umpires are often wise to that and don't hand out charity goals. Some do.

Is this Frawley's last year Hawks fans?
Some will say yes. I say no.

For me he is arguably the hardest to replace on our list. Having a strong year and is an extremely fit man Extremely under rated, including by hawks fans.

Stoppers like Frawley don't get the attention when they succeed, people just remember highlights/ lowlights and he had always been prone to the latter

I hope he stays on.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Like the port and wce games, the young inclusions have given the team a bit of go and we have come to play.

Like the Port and wce games, you would think the team with a bit more polish and a shitload more on the line is going to pull away in the end.

(That said, i still think we should of beaten Port but i want that pick 3 so i ain't losing sleep over it.)

This is everthing thats wrong with AFL right now... Great first quarter with both teams attacking. Ratten gets nervous and reverts to a chip kick to kick style rather than continuing taking the game on and backing his players.

Merely pointed out that Butler milked the fifty by holding the ball out to Gunston and dropping it when Gunston reacted.
Those ones are 50/50. Good umpires are often wise to that and don't hand out charity goals. Some do.
*ing LOL. He hit the ball out of his hand ffs. 50m every single day of the week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this Frawley's last year Hawks fans?

If Siciliy didnt do a knee it would have been quite likely.

We may see Hartley and Frawley and Frost next week and Clarko will make up his mind.

Clarko apparently knows how to get the most out of players when he wants too. I wonder if he fiddles in the 2nd half and lets the Saints win ...

Some will say yes. I say no.

For me he is arguably the hardest to replace on our list. Having a strong year and is an extremely fit man Extremely under rated, including by hawks fans.

Stoppers like Frawley don't get the attention when they succeed, people just remember highlights/ lowlights and he had always been prone to the latter

I hope he stays on.

That was going to be my next question, who realistically replaces him if he finishes up?

He was just about to, but had a 50m penalty to pay before he had the chance.

Maybe consult the rule book for further clarification.
I know the rule. I just thing it's wrong.

The umpire was asleep. He should've called play on as soon as the Saints player stepped off his line and played on.

It's the worst rule in football. Why should players have to wait for the 'play on' whistle ?

Everyone knows when someone has played on.

f*n LOL. He hit the ball out of his hand ffs. 50m every single day of the week.
Can't you read? I know it was fifty.

All I'm saying is that Butler milked it by holding the ball out and then dropping it as Gunston slapped it.
Wasn't like Gunston belted it away. He just barely touched it.

This s**t happens all the time and umpires often let it slide.

I know the rule. I just thing it's wrong.

The umpire was asleep. He should've called play on as soon as the Saints player stepped off his line and played on.

It's the worst rule in football. Why should players have to wait for the 'play on' whistle ?

Everyone knows when someone has played on.

Agreed. Once the player is off the line, it should be play on. The umpire shouldn't have to call it.

How's the inconsistency of the push in the back rule this year? (marking contests)

If you're a big name full forward (e.g. Tom Hawkins) then it's play on...
You have a free pass to play from behind and push your opponent out all night long

Other games, the rule is umpired like it has been for 100 years and players are pinged.

Amazing.

Back