Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 17 - Blues v Crows Sun September 13th 1:05pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

• Blues by a lot

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Crows by a lot

• Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thrall

Team Captain
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Crows players all got around him during the club song, so the chair off gave his Carlton teammates the opportunity to pay their respects for his career, I loved it personally.
why wouldn't you? winners are grinners

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
Seemed weird to me.

I remember James Kelly getting chaired off by Hep and Selwood in his final game, which is life long friends + current club. To be it just from your old club tells me he wasn't liked at all at the Crows.
He was in the middle of the circle for the song getting a Powerade shower and then they all mobbed him after the song in a massive group hug, he’s definitely loved by his current teammates too.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
I was sickened by the carry on for Gibbs. The bloke left, it seemed we went out of our way to make him feel good so he could towel us up and end our finals chances today. Then the losers chaired him off! Says everything about those 3. And even more about why we have been so sh*t for 20 years
Yeah weird look for mine. Especially as you said with the season on the line.

Nice guys don't win flags.

It's obviously unusual and unprecedented though.

Thrall

Team Captain
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Yeah weird look for mine. Especially as you said with the season on the line.

Nice guys don't win flags.

It's obviously unusual and unprecedented though.
Teague looked angry in the PC but quickly remembered he was in public and covered it up. Go watch it.
Terrible optics for mine

Mar 20, 2002
Mosman Village
AFL Club
Carlton
We are a joke !!

We are full of players who cannot kick, mark, handball or tackle.

As for Cripps showboating to the crowd after that good goal, FFS, he'd done sweet FA up until then but still thought it was important to do the "wowsers" instead of getting on with actually LEADING his team.

I've had enough of the guy, if he isn't injured (or been carrying one all year), then he is part of the big problem at Carlton right now.

Skull Face

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2019
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
We are smashing your mids with constant pressure, this is as much about Adelaide playing well as it is Carlton with terrible turnovers
Please we started playing at halftime, half a game too late and not good enough.

I'd give it to adelaide if it was a 1 off but this is a Carlton habbit.

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
I was sickened by the carry on for Gibbs. The bloke left, it seemed we went out of our way to make him feel good so he could towel us up and end our finals chances today. Then the losers chaired him off! Says everything about those 3. And even more about why we have been so sh*t for 20 years
I must say Gibbs getting a farewell game after 37 poor games at the crows was incredibly weird. The fact it was against Carlton it was like that’s the only reason he was given one. Would have been better just pulling on the blues jumper for the day. And I agree with you, by all means give him a guard of honour but to have Carlton players chair him off after his team just ended the last glimmer of hope for a finals appearance in another disappointing season was just strange.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
i was totally expecting Gibbs to kick some terrible across ground kicks straight to Carlton players but he played his best game since the early part of 2018

it also seemed apparent Adelaide looked to use him often as Carlton didn't seem to care if he had time and space, so it was like a weird opposite to what I thought it was gonna play out like

I don't think him being carried off by Carlton players is a bad look on Adelaide - Everyone knows he is a Blue at heart and if it wasn't for his family issues he never would have returned to Adelaide in the first place -

Definitely a weird one but it didn't really bother me either way, it was what it was

Back