Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 17 - Giants v Demons Sat September 12th 7:40pm AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Demons by a goal or less

• GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

All of those pics are behind closed doors. Barking out instructions from the boundary line and running out on the field every time your team wins sends a message of a man not in control.

The one with the rain falling is behind closed doors? Someone better call a roofer.

Iā€˜m no Goodwin fan, but thatā€™s the least of his problems. When I see Goodwin nuzzling Gawnā€™s neck like Beveridge on Bontompelli, or closed eye hug Oliver, Iā€™ll know Goodwin has turned the corner as a coach I guess.

Went well beyond the usual contact after a mark, which isnā€™t paid often enough anyway.

Itā€™s annoying at the best of times. Needs a crackdown. Just allows the defence to stream back and clog up the forward line.
Actually impacts the game, unlike the poxy player running past 5m away who doesn't alter anything.

All of those pics are behind closed doors. Barking out instructions from the boundary line and running out on the field every time your team wins sends a message of a man not in control.
Iā€™m not a Goodwin fan at all, but it was finally refreshing to see him getting emotionally invested. Heā€™s always been a bit of a robot in the box.

How GWS have extended Cameronā€™s contract is staggering. Theyā€™re actually going backwards as a side & if Cognilioā€™s plight isnā€™t symptomatic of that then I donā€™t know what is.

Just donā€™t see how he takes this group forward.
People might have said the same about Thompson in ā€˜06 and Hardwick in ā€˜16. Might be just be the downer before something better. Itā€™ll be interesting to see.

They were in a tough spot - ideally youā€™d give him one year to see whether itā€™s an anomaly, but the media would go into meltdown if they lost a few early next year.

I thought he was Really good tonight. Set up a lot early. Heā€™ll be a player. Thatā€™s for sure. I reckon we nailed the draft last year.
Unfortunately Iā€™m not sure about this... heā€™s missed a lot of very gettable goals this season 7.13 He goes to ground way to much and plays for free kicks, this needs to be stamped out ASAP. He also tryā€™s to kick the suitcase out of the ball which really annoys me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately Iā€™m not sure about this... heā€™s missed a lot of very gettable goals this season 7.13 He goes to ground way to much and plays for free kicks, this needs to be stamped out ASAP. He also tryā€™s to kick the suitcase out of the ball which really annoys me.

I know what youā€™re saying, but what I like about Pickett is heā€™s got those freaky abilities because he has ā€œalmostā€ done a few amazing things, but heā€™s hit the post or just spilled the mark.

He applies pressure, and heā€™s aggressive so heā€™s unlikely to Garlett it up on his quiet days.

And as frustrating as he is when he blows easy things, the point is they are easy and I think once he calms down a bit he will stop mucking those up.

Iā€™m not so sure about playing for frees, definitely puts his arms out a bit but on the replay he is being held. Iā€™ve also never seen a first year player get so few frees that are there, and have so many paid against him that werenā€™t. Heā€™s had several paid against him because the tackle looked aggressive, but there was technically nothing wrong with it. Maybe heā€™s getting a bit frustrated and is trying to make the umpire see him getting held?

Not sure why so many thought the Giants would win...this is the same side that not just were beaten but were thrashed by the wooden spooners! I really hope GWS are favourites against next week, my account says thank you!

Have you actually watched him this year? In 2020? He has sucked. Sucked.

Can't kick it any worse than Kennedy at least!

You blokes are too tall, been saying it all year, you need a medium to go with Cameron, etc.

He certainly hasnā€™t made most of his chances this year. But I mean he is a first year player. Iā€™ve thought this year he seems a step off a few times with marks and crumbing. And yeah hasnā€™t kicked some of the goals he should. But heā€™ll only get better. The type weā€™ve missed recently.

His set shots are a mess and his kicking can be rushed. But he's also capable of brilliant kicking inside 50. His game against North was a clinic in that regard. I don't think he plays for frees, he gets taken high a lot because he puts his head over it and he gets held because he's light and evasive. If holding the man was actually still a rule in the game he'd get 5 free kicks a game and deserve every one of them.

If he had kicked 13.7 he'd be in the running for the rising star. There's nothing technically wrong with his kicking so it should sort itself out.

The other thing he needs to do is find timing on his crumbs but it's so hard with Melbourne's big men being unreliable and even the long/high kicking inside 50 being shoddy.

Is there any chance GWS could fold in the next 20 years? What if they don't win a flag and only have sporadic finals appearances over the next 15 years?
7cf520fafe938ff41cc3e32ebb6aedbb.gif

He's a first year small forward FFS. This is about a quarter of the player he might end up becoming. Look for the little things he does rather than embarassing yourself.

Pickett is crap at the moment.

Our stoppage with about 20 seconds to go was worrying. No-one on Kelly or Williams or any GWS direct opponent. This is exactly why we're a bad team. If it isn't obvious that you need to be on your opponent, goal side, with 20 seconds to go with your season on the line then it shows that all of our mids lack footy smarts. a severe lack

What do you see in Pickett?

Iā€™m not convinced at all by him

What do you see in Pickett?

Iā€™m not convinced at all by him

It was only a few years ago when Petracca similarly lacked composure, awareness and was trying to hard to execute. Wait until he gets those attributes into his game and we have a similar version to Cyril. I cant believe you dont see the natural skill that he has. Been sniffing amyll?

Back