Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 17 - Pies v Suns Mon September 14th 7:10pm AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

..GC always going to drop away being so young.This season is very harsh on the younger groups only one is in the 8 and still may miss

Yeah they have dropped away big time, only won 2 games since round 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats that got to do with the GC performance in 2020, other than you seem to be agreeing with my comment.
We where tipped for the spoon again but pretty much everyone, have been in every game bar 2 bad performances since the restart and have improved our percentage from 64 to 94 this year. I think we have done pretty well considering the age profile and talent on our list. Our bottom 10 or so would be close to the worst in the league

We where tipped for the spoon again but pretty much everyone, have been in every game bar 2 bad performances since the restart and have improved our percentage from 64 to 94 this year. I think we have done pretty well considering the age profile and talent on our list. Our bottom 10 or so would be close to the worst in the league

I reckon the Suns have had an ok season. If only they could retain their good players for 8-10 years. Would make interesting reading to compile a comprehensive list of top players they’ve lost in the past 5-6 seasons. Suns and Adelaide are the 2 clubs which have suffered the most through losing star players, although Adelaide’s losses stretch back a bit further than 5-6 years.

Begs the question then, how did you aquire such a poor bottom 10?

Begs the question then, how did you aquire such a poor bottom 10?
Because we have had our top talent raided over the last few years and noone wanted to be here coupled with really poor drafting. New football department have made massive strides in player retention as we dont have a single best 22 player out of contract going into next year, the right pieces are there its just a matter of getting the correct development out of them which I feel is happening already

Because we have had our top talent raided over the last few years and noone wanted to be here coupled with really poor drafting. New football department have made massive strides in player retention as we dont have a single best 22 player out of contract going into next year, the right pieces are there its just a matter of getting the correct development out of them which I feel is happening already

Just related, how do you think the ending of the NEAFL & expanding the VFL with potentially reduced lists will affect the GC development. A plus or a minus?

Big things on the horizon for the Suns.

They keep the band together - Rowell, King, Rankine, Anderson, Lukosius - they'll have a handful of years in premiership contention.

Back