Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 18 - Bombers v Demons Sat September 19th 2:10pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
F45B02CF-AB5D-4ECC-B1EE-95984821D9FB.png

13TH V 9TH

2020 TOYOTA AFL PREMIERSHIP

Round 18 • ESSENDON V MELBOURNE
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 19TH 2:10PM AEST (METRICON)

Tipping on BigFooty's own system.
Tip now - $1000 in cash prizes.

Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won.

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

ROUND 18 TEAMS

BOMBERS

B: J.Ridley, B.Zerk-Thatcher, M.Gleeson
HB: D.Smith, M.Hurley, A.Saad
C: T.Cutler, Z.Merrett, B.ham
HF: W.Snelling, J.Stewart, M.Guelfi
F: J.Stringer, J.Daniher, A.McDonald-Tipungwuti
FOLL: S.Draper, D.Shiel, D.Parish

I/C: J.Laverde, M.Redman, D.Clarke, K.Langford
EMER: J.Begley, A.Phillips, C.Hooker, K.Mutch

IN: M.Hurley, J.Laverde, M.Redman
OUT: M.Hibberd, A.Phillips, J.Townsend (all omitted)

DEMONS

B: J.Smith, S.May, M.Hibberd
HB: T.Rivers, J.Lever, C.Salem
C: E.Langdon, C.Petracca, A.vandenBerg
HF: J.Hunt, S.Weideman, A.Neal-Bullen
F: K.Pickett, M.Brown, C.Spargo
FOLL: M.Gawn, J.Viney, C.Oliver

I/C: J.Melksham, A.Tomlinson, B.Fritsch, O.Baker
EMER: L.Jackson, M.Hannan, T.Sparrow, N.Jetta

IN: M.Hibberd
OUT: N.Jetta (Omitted)

ESSENDON 7.7.49
MELBOURNE 10.8.68

Last edited:

Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
I think if I knew the result of the Freo v Dogs game, I would know what's going to happen here.

If the Dogs win and Dees couldn't make the finals then the Dees would win comfortably and miss finals. If the Dees knew finals were there for the taking they would fall short.

We are so far out of form and there doesn't seem to be much direction at the moment, so I'm going to say the Dees win by heaps, then the Dogs come out the next night and win by a point, Dees fall short on % from making finals after the Giants inexplicably beat the saints.

willydave

All Australian
Oct 25, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
As others have said, any outcome wouldn't surprise.

Anything from big dees win to bombers big win.

If the Dogs win and Dees couldn't make the finals then the Dees would win comfortably and miss finals. If the Dees knew finals were there for the taking they would fall short.
Never truer words spoken!

LongPause

Team Captain
Jul 23, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Bombers by a decent amount purely because I heard a media pundit ( Probably a channel 7 gambling segment knowing their dealings with the devil.) describe their best form as "good" when they have been yoyo-ing between bellow average and mediocre for the whole season in my opinion. An ironic twist of fate to deny a potential finalist entry with their first "good" performance (40+) at the seasons end sums up the Bombers, AFTER the fact they got touted as one of those "at their best etcetera" teams by a guy trying to oversell underdogs to men of the odds.

Nov 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bombers by a decent amount purely because I heard a media pundit ( Probably a channel 7 gambling segment knowing their dealings with the devil.) describe their best form as "good" when they have been yoyo-ing between bellow average and mediocre for the whole season in my opinion. An ironic twist of fate to deny a potential finalist entry with their first "good" performance (40+) at the seasons end sums up the Bombers, AFTER the fact they got touted as one of those "at their best etcetera" teams by a guy trying to oversell underdogs to men of the odds.
I might have to have another crack at reading that last sentence once I’ve had my coffee.

stormskye

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 24, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Unfortunately for dees fans this is exactly the kind of game melb lose. Freo playing good footy and a def a chance to knock over doggies.

May 3, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Unfortunately for dees fans this is exactly the kind of game melb lose. Freo playing good footy and a def a chance to knock over doggies.
Nah, If the Doggies lost today & the Dees were playing tomorrow I'd agree with you. Melbourne would most likely s**t the bed like we did with you in 2017 but as it stands I don't think there is much pressure on them as the likelihood of making the finals is slim.

Back