Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 18 - Crows v Tigers Sat September 19th 5:10pm AEST (AO) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think in retrospect this last few years will be looked at in a similar vein to the Hawks period of success.
A very good team and deserving winners, but having very few team ruining injuries and their closest competitors just not being up to snuff.

Also, I didn't think it possible, but some of the Richmond people in this thread are actually salty winners....

You suck, Crows. I can't believe a supposed top 18 team let us down that badly today.
You get a home final stop bleating , if you finish fourth you don’t get that, you guys must have the it of the commentators

I think Bigfooty needs a self-exclusion like the bookies do for people who can't handle themselves.
You want a list of people who have played the at the highest level and are freaking out at the state it's in
Delusional
If you think my opinion is a isolated one
Newman's been whinging for 30 years over this event
Williams don't watch
Scott don't watch
Modra
Keith Greig

And the games more important than the result

Guys can't handball

Guys can't kick both sides
Guys block
Guys impede
Stacks on

Its rubbish
But unfortunately it's the only show on town

Rules interpretation by people who have never played ,let alone understand what advantages or disadvantages anyone

More umpires worse it's getting

I think in retrospect this last few years will be looked at in a similar vein to the Hawks period of success.
A very good team and deserving winners, but having very few team ruining injuries and their closest competitors just not being up to snuff.

Also, I didn't think it possible, but some of the Richmond people in this thread are actually salty winners....
Salty.
Irony.

Our top 2 in the bnf in a premiership year and our key defender have hardly played due to injury this year but whatever. See you in the finals.

Oh wait...

Wow.... don't drop the salt shaker!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond looking very ominous.
Adelaide earlier showed flashed, small ones, of the kind of footy needed to win against the Tigers. Not up to doing that consistently yet though.
Good finish to the year for Adelaide though.
A normal post without having a dig at any team or player or group of supporters. Good to see. Stay classy!

The only key cog that didn’t have a long time off though in the last two years were Dusty, Lynch and Grimes. Rance, Astbury, Cotchin, Riewoldt, Prestia, Edwards, Nankervis and Houli all had a lot of time off at some stage in the last 2 years. I just think that Richmond adapted extremely well to the challenges that they were thrown. Even I didn’t think we’d be able to hold on but here we are.

What you said is true for 2017-2018, but not 2019-2020 IMO.

Our top 2 in the bnf in a premiership year and our key defender have hardly played due to injury this year but whatever. See you in the finals.

Oh wait...

But your team still looking very very good. So as I said, not team ruining, has barely harmed your prospects if at all.
So, you used a backhander on the way out why?

And my team shat itself very early in the year so, I've had a long time to get used to the idea of no finals.

But your team still looking very very good. So as I said, not team ruining, has barely harmed your prospects if at all.
So, you used a backhander on the way out why?

And my team shat itself very early in the year so, I've had a long time to get used to the idea of no finals.

We've always been told Richmond have no depth, now injuries don't matter because we cover them well.

Wish big footy would make up their minds

The only key cog that didn’t have a long time off though in the last two years were Dusty, Lynch and Grimes. Rance, Astbury, Cotchin, Riewoldt, Prestia, Edwards, Nankervis and Houli all had a lot of time off at some stage in the last 2 years. I just think that Richmond adapted extremely well to the challenges that they were thrown. Even I didn’t think we’d be able to hold on but here we are.

*, we had the game's best defender retire before the first match leaving us one short, then down two more after a kebab run. Edwards and Houli less than half the season, reigning b&f Prestia 5 games. Four MCG games all against co-tenants + Carlton, spankled by Hawthorn and St.Kilda, endless negative media storm about Lynch, arse-poking, Mrs Cotchin, staging etc. Footy department cuts that brought us back to the pack.

If - and it's a big if - we happen to win this year's flag it'll stand proudly and equally alongside the other two.

Don't get me wrong. My main point is that Richmond have kept their wheels on when many others in the same boat haven't It's been honestly very impressive to watch how Richmond run their seasons over the last few years. There have been down periods sure, but over the course they hit their peak right when they need to and are very hard to stop.
Any injuries you have had, to an outsider like myself who doesn't keep tags on everything, look to have not had a great deal of impact.
I don't think the other teams thereabouts have been in that position tbh. But hey, if I'm wrong then I'm wrong.

Back