Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 18 - Crows v Tigers Sat September 19th 5:10pm AEST (AO) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pablo668

Premiership Player
May 3, 2007
Claremont
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
fu**, we had the game's best defender retire before the first match leaving us one short, then down two more after a kebab run. Edwards and Houli less than half the season, reigning b&f Prestia 5 games. Four MCG games all against co-tenants + Carlton, spankled by Hawthorn and St.Kilda, endless negative media storm about Lynch, arse-poking, Mrs Cotchin, staging etc. Footy department cuts that brought us back to the pack.

If - and it's a big if - we happen to win this year's flag it'll stand proudly and equally alongside the other two.

Well, for all that the teams form looks to be there right now.

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
fu**, we had the game's best defender retire before the first game leaving us one short, then down two more after a kebab run. Edwards and Houli less than half the season, reigning b&f Pretia 5 games. Four MCG games all against co-tenants + Carlton, spankled by Hawthorn and St.Kilda, endless negative media storm about Lynch, arse-poking, Mrs Cotchin, staging etc. Footy department cuts that brought us back to the pack.

If - and it's a big if - we happen to win this year's flag it'll stand proudly and equally alongside the other two.
Agreed, regardless of whether this is a club that people hate or love, they are very resilient to challenges that they face.

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
We've always been told Richmond have no depth, now injuries don't matter because we cover them well.

Wish big footy would make up their minds
A good team takes what's given
And exploits it
Your list management is outstanding
Your injury prevention Super

The performance of your seconds under McCrae is second to none
Spewed when he left
No doubt about it you guys are the benchmark
I think we're your biggest concern

My Cripe is with the officiating
The inconsistent interpretation

It's so poor
Example
Ducking the head
Blocking of the ball in the marking contest
The two hand handball ( throw every time)

May 31, 2019
Belmont, WA
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Perth Glory, Everton FC, SSC Napoli
Not really sure how I'm the one that's holding it. I don't have a dog in this fight and I've picked your team to go all the way.
Fair enough....but you do know we have injuries aswell yeah? It was only a week ago that our number one ruckmen just did his ACL. Also last year we battled hard to cover a heap of injuries to win enough games in the first half of the year.
In 2017, I will admit we had a good run.
Look at Geelong & Brisbane they have good runs on the injury front yearly but no one says anything because they don't win the flag.

May 31, 2019
Belmont, WA
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Well done Tigers. I thought we matched it in pressure, but you had way too much class moving it forward. Team to beat again this finals series.
Thanks. You guys had an excellent final month. Just tigers had too much to play for today. Good signs for the Crows ahead.

pablo668

Premiership Player
May 3, 2007
Claremont
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
Fair enough....but you do know we have injuries aswell yeah? It was only a week ago that our number one ruckmen just did his ACL. Also last year we battled hard to cover a heap of injuries to win enough games in the first half of the year.
In 2017, I will admit we had a good run.
Look at Geelong & Brisbane they have good runs on the injury front yearly but no one says anything because they don't win the flag.

Fair point. I obviously haven't looked closely enough at Richmonds ins/outs. Doing well though. Good luck in the finals.

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Any injuries you have had, to an outsider like myself who doesn't keep tags on everything, look to have not had a great deal of impact.
I don't think the other teams thereabouts have been in that position tbh. But hey, if I'm wrong then I'm wrong.

Think the West Coast and Geelong wins flattered us a little as neither side played anywhere near as well as the previous time we played them. Dogs and North in the same boat.

On the flip side, Hawthorn, St.Kilda and Port played close to their best footy against us, and GWS applied themselves for four quarters like they've rarely done.

All said and done I'm reasonably content with the shape we're in entering the finals (as has been the case the past three years).We'll see I guess!

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Mate..dont get me wrong everybody has the right to be an idiot every once in awhile but I really do think you're abusing the privilege
Have you ever been to Auskick
Ever watched Barry cable
Polly farmer
Lois handball
Seen a footy card

All never moved the arm holding the pill towards the target
They punched it of a stationary hand

Otherwise it's throwing the ball

It's rampant (all do it)
It's blatant

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Ever watched Barry cable
Polly farmer
Lois handball
Seen a footy card

It's rampant (all do it)
It's blatant

Over the head used to be tough to do without getting pinged. Some players are virtually flinging it backwards.

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
Surely these dumbos in the commentary box realise Geelong can’t overtake us seeing we are 6 points ahead of them?
Shocking has just announced all wins now worth 8 points for the cats, late rule interpertation

Yeah
Our games been hijacked to suit Murdoch
Umpires haven't a clue
Illegal disposal
Constant throwing as very few players display the correct technical skills
Games won and lost weekly by basic lack of understanding of the rules
Premierships not deserved due to incompetent officiating
No consistency

Only 1 team since this so called competition (event) started hasn't made a g/f
We adopt a NBA NFL drafting system without the ability to trade futures properly

So yeah
I'm angry
Who wouldn't be

Only a person who doesn't understand what footy could should and was would be rapt with this

Here's a thought what advantages me and disadvantages my opponent is a free kick
Keep whinging like this despite the plethora of advantages you club gets, and people'll start mistaking you for an Eagles supporter :thumbsu:

Joey longshadow

Hostis Humani Generis
Oct 23, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Baltimore ravens
Ever watched Barry cable
Polly farmer
Lois handball
Seen a footy card

It's rampant (all do it)
It's blatant
Maybe a Bex and a little lie down

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Easy big fell, you just worry about the eagles in Perth
Confident we'll get
Saints pies
Eagles dogs
Bris cats
Rich port

In the shorter contest
Our weakest link is out (Phillips)
We've beaten all but west coast and are always 50/50 with you
Imagine if Mason goes crazy

Looks like he's suddenly seeing the ball (legally blind pre season)
He's building nicely
Starting to strut

Hopefully we catch you guys during the finals
Multi tip
Collingwood
Cox 6 marks
Cox.kick3
Treloar 25 disposals
Pendels 20 disposals

The skipper breaks Tony Shaw's games record
This week
We ain't going to perth

May 31, 2019
Belmont, WA
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Yep
We will soften em up
Oh yes please... Carlton doing a poor job atm on Brissy but like I said more than likely well get Port...... no disrespect to Port, they have been brilliant all year. But just got a feeling you'll get them on Monday.

Back