Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 18 - Hawks v Suns Sun September 20th 1:05pm AEST (AO) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AuTo00Z

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
That kick to Stratton was 10 metres at best, but suns deserved that goal to be kicked against them. One of the most inspid performances I've seen from a team for some time. They were expected to win this one easily, and yet the opposite happened.

Taylor Walker, Josh Jenkins, about half the crows team. He’s a young kid and is a natural forward and would dominate if they played him at that end. Looks like he is in line with the rest of the good coast at this end of the season and fallen off the cliff
Tex i'll pay but Jenkins ??

One has to actually PROGRESS before regressing lol

But yeah you're bang on about the GC , maybe it stands out more because he was going at a higher level than most of his team.

wagstaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2001
The Sea of Holes
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Arsenal
While they've been more competitive this season, Gold Coast's inability to win games after a bright first month of the season is a constant feature under Dew.

Only managed two wins in three seasons in the 2nd half of the season since he became coach.

Jun 9, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Tex i'll pay but Jenkins ??

One has to actually PROGRESS before regressing lol

But yeah you're bang on about the GC , maybe it stands out more because he was going at a higher level than most of his team.
I can’t work it out, he dominated in the sanfl League team Up forward as a 17/18 year old but doesn’t get played there. You don’t want to ask JOsh the goose his opinion before agreeing with me ;)?

hk89

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
While they've been more competitive this season, Gold Coast's inability to win games after a bright first month of the season is a constant feature under Dew.

Only managed two wins in three seasons in the 2nd half of the season since he became coach.

They've really only been more competitive because of the COVID draw. Have won one game away from Metricon all year. You give them the same number of homes games as some Vic teams got and they'd be stone motherless last again.

Jun 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Had much better games at the back end of last year
Probably. He had a better year in 2019 no doubt. But this game was very solid. Just seemed to work himself into the game, getting into dangerous positions. Nice defensive / second efforts. A lot more proactive. Seemed cooler headed, too. Didn’t seem flustered at all (probably didn’t help that the Suns’ pressure was pretty sad). But it looked like he got involved more on his own merit than, say, teammates bringing him into the game (as seemed to be more-so the case last year, just an observation that this seemed to be the most “mature” game he’s played, IMO).

Back