Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 18 - Lions v Blues Sat September 19th 7:40pm AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

55C5447D-C939-4875-9340-D268924FB33E.png
2ND V 12TH

2020 TOYOTA AFL PREMIERSHIP
Round 18 • BRISBANE V CARLTON
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 19TH 7:40PM AEST (GABBA)

Tipping on BigFooty's own system.
Tip now - $1000 in cash prizes.

Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won.

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

ROUND 18 TEAMS

LIONS

B: D.Rich, D.Gardiner, J.Payne
HB: Z.Bailey, R.Lester, G.Birchall
C: H.McCluggage, M.Robinson, C.Ah Chee
HF: D.Zorko, D.McStay, C.Rayner
F: O.McInerney, E.Hipwood, C.Cameron
FOLL: S.Martin, J.Lyons, L.Neale

I/C: L.McCarthy, K.Coleman, C.Ellis-Yolmen, B.Starcevich
EMG: S.Skinner, M.Hinge, A.Witherden, R.Mathieson

IN: S.Martin, L.McCarthy, B.Starcevich
OUT: N.Answerth (Managed), M.Hinge (Omitted), A.Smith (Omitted)

BLUES

B: T.Williamson, L.Jones, K.Simpson
HBs: S.Petrevski-Seton, J.Weitering, L.Plowman
C: M.Murphy, P.Cripps, J.Newnes
HF: M.McGovern, L.Casboult, J.Martin
F: M.Gibbons, H.McKay, E.Betts
FOLL: M.Pittonet, M.Kennedy, S.Walsh

I/C: C.Polson, E.Curnow, T.De Koning, D.Cunningham
EMG: H.Macreadie, M.Cottrell, L.O’Brien, M.Owies

IN: J.Martin, M.Pittonet, M.Kennedy, C.Polson
OUT: L.O’Brien (Omitted), S.Docherty (Injured), W.Setterfield (Injured), Z.Fisher (Injured)

BRISBANE 11.12.78
CARLTON 10.1.61

Last edited:
Playing the Blues in the final round ... good to see some things stay the same :rolleyes: (makes it easier for the overworked folks trying to schedule games around the fixture (or should that be arranging a fixture around the scheduled games?)).

Go Lions and no injuries or suspensions!

giphy.gif

I don't know what will happen because for Blues it's all about attitude. When on they can compete with most clubs. If not, they are poor. Brisbane will just be hoping for a win and getting through unscathed.

For Carlton the biggest issues will come after the game which could well decide our future

I don't know what will happen because for Blues it's all about attitude. When on they can compete with most clubs. If not, they are poor. Brisbane will just be hoping for a win and getting through unscathed.

For Carlton the biggest issues will come after the game which could well decide our future
Bit hard to read the room with the current regime. If we have to cut more than about 8, it is going to be super interesting for us and likely brutal
for a couple of kids deserving of spots.

Bit hard to read the room with the current regime. If we have to cut more than about 8, it is going to be super interesting for us and likely brutal
for a couple of kids deserving of spots.

We have the talent. This year has made it hard without reserves to develop our kids. A dead year. Older players need to go including Betts and Murphy. We need to trust the future.

Club now needs to get ruthless, develop and back the kids. Teague, who I rate needs to make the tough decisions.

If the rumours are true that Betts has re-signed that is a major mistake

We have the talent. This year has made it hard without reserves to develop our kids. A dead year. Older players need to go including Betts and Murphy. We need to trust the future.

Club now needs to get ruthless, develop and back the kids. Teague, who I rate needs to make the tough decisions.
They, and the back room are getting impatient for success and are terrified of cutting the umbilical cord. Teaguey a bit guilty of both looking after
some of his mates and leaning on our experience as a bit of a crutch. Pressure would be overwhelming to perform and I think we are light a
couple of good assistants (midfield particularly). When the kids are given a go they are more often than not given a somewhat unfamiliar role
to play, which by circumstance is not rehearsed in the "twos."

They, and the back room are getting impatient for success and are terrified of cutting the umbilical cord. Teaguey a bit guilty of both looking after
some of his mates and leaning on our experience as a bit of a crutch. Pressure would be overwhelming to perform and I think we are light a
couple of good assistants (midfield particularly). When the kids are given a go they are more often than not given a somewhat unfamiliar role
to play, which by circumstance is not rehearsed in the "twos."

100% agree. We are at a crossroads. We have the talent and if we can add a Williams and maybe a Caldwell we are in a great spot.

A proper reserves a run by Luke Power will make a massive difference in 2021. Massive. Don't judge the younger players this year. It's been impossible. We just need to move on from our older players. It's time for Cripps & Docherty to lead their own side.

Coaching needs significant changes with some experience and toughness.

We will add Charlie Kemp Marchbank Jack Newman to a side that will improve greatly. Names like Honey Philp LOB Dow SPS Ramsay TDK Gibbons Cuningham Cottrell will step up. Add Williams and 1 or 2 others and its even better. A fit Cripps (who has been severely hampered this year) will help as well.

Last edited:
Not sure why we would bring Pittonet back, Levi struggling to get in the game as is and not getting time in the ruck won't help.

Baffling

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McGovern needs to play in defence. It’s his go. He is NOT a forward

I struggle to see a spot for McGovern full stop at this point. When we recruited him I didn't get it, we aren't exactly short of KPP.

Down back if Marchbank is fit no spot for McGovern imo.

I struggle to see a spot for McGovern full stop at this point. When we recruited him I didn't get it, we aren't exactly short of KPP.

Down back if Marchbank is fit no spot for McGovern imo.

I think McGovern could be a gun 3rd defender zoning off Jones & Weitering. Plowman as a HB. He reads the ball coming in so well and has clean hands and elite ball use. He could be a weapon. Marchbank could play wing but we also need depth and competition for spots. That’s what good sides have

McKay Charlie Casboult TDK need to be our key forward options

I think McGovern could be a gun 3rd defender zoning off Jones & Weitering. Plowman as a HB. He reads the ball coming in so well and has clean hands and elite ball use. He could be a weapon. Marchbank could play wing but we also need depth and competition for spots. That’s what good sides have

McKay Charlie Casboult TDK need to be our key forward options

Peter Wright please :p

Back