Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 18 - North v Eagles Thurs September 17th 7:10pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

• North by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 31 73.8%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank gawd that's over.
On a positive after watching LDU again I'm forever grateful we chose brayshaw and North passed on cerra

Naughton on the other hand...

Well that is only the second time in 2017-20 that our opponent failed to kick 5 goals (Freo did 2.19 in the derby last year). Gotta take that, even with the shortened quarters, hapless disposal sheet, opponent's helpful inaccuracy, and ghastly threat of repeating the costly final round upset of last year until midway through the final quarter.

Given this was their last game, they had the spoon on the line, and had a losing streak, they had a bit to play for as well.

Something as simple as being more direct could have won us this game. When your captain and Goldstein can’t convert from 10 out you will never win, I suspect the Eagles knew we couldn’t capitalise and sleep walked through most of this match, they would have lost against just about everyone else.

LDU, Simpkin, Perez will be good to watch next season with the retuning Cunnington, most of our experienced guys are trash though.

Awful , Awful game. We will need to do better if we are going to challenge. Thank * for Liam.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

World's falling apart. Coronavirus killing people. Economy in the toilet. Everyone losing their jobs.

But at least I dont support North Melbourne.

Would it be wrong for West Coast to offer Adelaide a cash incentive to win? Say, the amount they were going to pay to North to sell their home game?

I was about to say the AFL integrity unit might not like that, but they are as reliable as the MRP when it comes to punishment

After losing the first three games after the restart finishing 12 and 5 is pretty good and if you are keen on the Eagles you wouldn't be to unhappy with that.
I'm happy with the Eagles and have a bit of optimism for the clubs 24th finals campaign in the AFL era.
It's the injuries that worry me. Finishing 5th doesn't help.

If we were at full strength, I'd give us a chance on the road against Port or Brisbane. But we haven't put ourselves in a position to have a crack at that.

Back