Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 18 - North v Eagles Thurs September 17th 7:10pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

• North by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 31 73.8%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay, well if they do opt to do so. it would be negligent list management at best...

Yes he's got a lot of work to do on his game

I did find the comparisons to Frederick from Fremantle apt though, lots of pace and not much end product...

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Well no, because Brander hasn't done much at AFL level.

Given what all three have shown at AFL level from what I've seen, I'd have Naughton ahead of Cerra and Brayshaw with a higher ceiling.

But I'm also not bias to Cerra and Brayshaw like you are, so there is that
Interesting Opinion.....

I have Seen Naughton play. He is very good and can play both ends. I would love him at freo but Dogs will demand a lot. He can play both ends.

Freo has a similar player in Brennan cox. He isnt as good as Naughton but Cox is good value as a pick in the 40s in the 2016 draft.

Brayshaw at freo I expect to be a solid 200-250 gamer. He could be Elite, he could be a solid player in freos best 22. Yeah he was taken at pick 2 in 2017, but he is Far from a dud.

Cerra is a gun. If I had to choose between one of Cerra or Brayshaw to be the elite mid in their prime years, I would predict Cerra. Andrew Brayshaw has notched up a 33 and 28 disposal game this season. But I was really impressed with Cerras 30 disposal, 1 goal game vs the demons recently. Adam Cerra was taken at pick 5 for a reason. Cerra can play both inside and outside mid.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Melbourne.
sounds about right. I remembered Freo beating the demons in Queensland recently. Half time score was freo 1.9.15 to demon's 1.3.9. then Freo became accurate and lead 4.9.33 to demons 2.4.16 at 3 quarter time. Freo held on and won by 2-3 goals.

Saying that. I can see west coast beat the demon's in an Elim final easily if you kick accurate. Hell even if the eagles kick 8-10 goals vs The demon's, it might be enough for a 3-5 goal win

Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
sounds about right. I remembered Freo beating the demons in Queensland recently. Half time score was freo 1.9.15 to demon's 1.3.9. then Freo became accurate and lead 4.9.33 to demons 2.4.16 at 3 quarter time. Freo held on and won by 2-3 goals.

Saying that. I can see west coast beat the demon's in an Elim final easily if you kick accurate. Hell even if the eagles kick 8-10 goals vs The demon's, it might be enough for a 3-5 goal win
You trounced North and we could barely put them away. Hard to compare how we'd go against the dees comapred to how you dispatched them. I want them first week because they are mentally weak and I reckon the week in hotel quarantine would break them compared to any other possible match up. I'm worried we'll play either a full strength Collingwood or GWS, both teams have gone through Perth quarantine before and know what to expect. But I suppose if we lose to 8th we deserve what we get.

You trounced North and we could barely put them away. Hard to compare how we'd go against the dees comapred to how you dispatched them. I want them first week because they are mentally weak and I reckon the week in hotel quarantine would break them compared to any other possible match up. I'm worried we'll play either a full strength Collingwood or GWS, both teams have gone through Perth quarantine before and know what to expect. But I suppose if we lose to 8th we deserve what we get.

It really doesn't mean anything. We played like complete garbage against Freo. The same teams could play 5 times in a row and get radically different outcomes each week.

Some teams just step up when it comes to finals.

VicBased

Club Legend
May 3, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Beaten North, Giants, Bombers, Hawks, Blues, Saints since the 7 games in Perth there’s still a question on whether they can beat quality in Qld at night.

They are a great team, but I question their ability to adapt to the conditions against good teams in QLD moving forward.
Hawks beat Richmond, Saints beat Richmond, Giants beat Richmond, There is still a ??? over Richmond moving forward. C'mon Rich01 stats are stats. What will happen on the day is what counts.......Yes?

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
You're probably not wrong, but this is how we looked end of regular season in 2018 - we limped over the line with injury troubles and then turned it on come finals.
Yep could happen again if you finish top 4, get a home final and then a home prelim.
Unfortunately for you blokes that isn’t happening so you’d need to win most probably 4 games with only 1 of them in Perth. And with no McGovern for 1 possibly 2 of the finals.
If you get Melbourne or saints first up you’ll roll them, dogs or pies could be much tougher. Can’t see you beating any of port, lions, tigers or cats outside of Perth.

Jan 14, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Yep could happen again if you finish top 4, get a home final and then a home prelim.
Unfortunately for you blokes that isn’t happening so you’d need to win most probably 4 games with only 1 of them in Perth. And with no McGovern for 1 possibly 2 of the finals.
If you get Melbourne or saints first up you’ll roll them, dogs or pies could be much tougher. Can’t see you beating any of port, lions, tigers or cats outside of Perth.

I'd rather vs Port or Lions than Richmond or Geeling personally.

Jan 14, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Actually you have a decent record in Adelaide don’t you? Yeah you could take it up to port possibly but you’d need to get some troops back and be playing much better than you are now.

With the amount of under 5/10/15 gamers we've been fielding lately any additions back into our side will instantly yield benefits.
Also, don't underestimate the 5 games in 19 days to make us look like garbage (against teams which largely had a lot more rest which is the more crucial stat ppl may overlook).
Not saying this to make excuses - just saying don't be surprised to see a different side show up come finals.

Last edited:

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A.
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
With the amount of under 5/10/15 gamers we've been fielding lately any additions back into our side will instantly yield benefits.
Also, don't underestimate the 5 games in 19 days to make us look like garbage (against teams which largely had a lot more rest which is the more crucial stat ppl may overlook).
Not saying this to make excuses - just saying don't be surprised to see a different side show up come finals.
Just saying this to make excuses - just saying don't be surprised to see exactly the same side show up come finals. EFA Lol.

Last edited:
Back