Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 18 - Pies v Port Mon September 21st 7:15pm AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, part of our history, and the inaugural jumpers for our AFL team.
Luckily the AFL recognize our history as a club, not just a team.
And will be the determinates of what we can and can’t wear.

A question for you: What do you think of Collingwood’s first guernsey, black and white diagonal stripes?
You'll never TEAL us apart

The ones I feel sorry for tonight are the umpires... What a dilemma... Gonna have to play with two balls so they can pay a free kick to both teams at the same time FB_IMG_1600647687957.jpg

Pies struggled against a 13th placed suns last week and ended up winning due to a big performance by De Goey kicking 4 goals and a once in 2 year performance by Cox. Pies dont have the fire power to kick a score above 70 points and will struggle again against Port.

Port also have a bigger and more physically stronger midfield Wines , SPP , Ebert , Boak , Rockliff , Houston , Hartlett Also a more potent foward line
Only question i have is the Height of the Port Backline. Then we have the talented youngsters in Rozee,Butter,Duursma,Woodcock,Marshall

Hinkley seems to be a coach that wants to win no matter who/where/when mentality so i dont think he will be looking to the next game and will be wanting to finish the season as minor premiers

Port 26 Points

Butters is suspended.

The ones I feel sorry for tonight are the umpires... What a dilemma... Gonna have to play with two balls so they can pay a free kick to both teams at the same time View attachment 966733
Geez, the free kick whinging has started 8 hours early.... can't people wait until the game actually starts first.

Intriguing game. Almost like having an extra finals match. Probably a good prep for both teams. Collingwood should match up pretty well with Port, I think we can nullify Dixon’s impact. The midfield could be a concern though.
Either side under 2 goals I rekon

The Collingwood Football Club must have ran over your cat.
You are without doubt, the most negative, unsupportive supporter I have come across.

How from that post do you form the speculation that the club run over my cat? Seeing how I don't have one.

I'm also curious how people come to the conclusion that somehow fact is a negative emotion, and could you explain the term unsupportive supporter. Practic and logic cannot equate un and not un in the same term.

I'm tipping the Pies, I reckon Port don't have much to play for and the teams are pretty even anyway. Pies need to have a good win to give them a lift going into finals and will feel like they have a bit to prove. Port I think cbf with this game.

I hope I'm wrong though because Id rather play the bears first week

Port have got a lot to play for, minor premiers, form going into finals etc. certainly not a cbf.

IF Pies win then we'll have witnessed a notable form shift, no ifs buts or maybes. Then we're in the contention conversation again, If we play at the same level as the last win we'll lose.

The Pies definitely have motive and potential even more so, for mine it's not likely that form will swing enough for a win. Hope I'm wrong.

Port have got a lot to play for, minor premiers, form going into finals etc. certainly not a cbf.

IF Pies win then we'll have witnessed a notable form shift, no ifs buts or maybes. Then we're in the contention conversation again, If we play at the same level as the last win we'll lose.

The Pies definitely have motive and potential even more so, for mine it's not likely that form will swing enough for a win. Hope I'm wrong.

And that is why Port will win. We just don't have form whereas they do.

How from that post do you form the speculation that the club run over my cat? Seeing how I don't have one.

I'm also curious how people come to the conclusion that somehow fact is a negative emotion, and could you explain the term unsupportive supporter. Practic and logic cannot equate un and not un in the same term.
Simple fact is that Collingwood could win the flag by 10 goals and you would still find something to bitch about.
Just once I would like to see you comment something positive about the club you apparently support.

With your positive, encouraging nature, I am guessing underage coaching isn't your forte.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simple fact is that Collingwood could win the flag by 10 goals and you would still find something to b*tch about.
Just once I would like to see you comment something positive about the club you apparently support.

With your positive, encouraging nature, I am guessing underage coaching isn't your forte.

I merely make observations, try taking the emotion out of it.

So your assumption that I'd bitch about a premiership is an assumption based on emotion. I've only seen two flags in my lifetime, I'm 50 yo, there is no known universe I'd be unhappy with a flag. That assumption is averse to any practic or logic.

I post it as I see it, you view that as negative emotion. It's not. Here is fact that might make you feel better.

This team has the potential to go all the way. Fact. This team's current form is not good enough to go all the way. Fact. This team can gather the required form. Fact. That looks unlikely. Fact.

None of that is based on emotion, it is purely observation. You view how you view it, makes no difference to the teams fortunes on the park.

Port are the better team and they'd hate to play Richmond first up. Geelong are going backwards and Tigs are full steam ahead. I tipped Collingwood only because Port might feel the pressure

I can see the magpies winning if we don't overpossess the ball (team footy.) Get it into De goey's hands and he will have a ping at goals. They need to score goals, not by playing "pass the parcel" in their forward line.

Last edited:
Port are the better team and they'd hate to play Richmond first up. Geelong are going backwards and Tigs are full steam ahead. I tipped Collingwood only because Port might feel the pressure
Richmond will be at full strength next week / 1st Final

We will have Bolton , Prestia,Lynch ready to come in to last team that played Crows and with the game yesterday playing at the Adelaide ground i think we would be ready to play Port.

Tonights game as a Tiger supporter i really dont know who i prefer to win

The issue with Collingwood winning is that I don’t know if Collingwood can kick a winning score. They've scored no more than 72 points and have scored over 60 points 4 times since the hub started. In that time, Port Adelaide has scored below 60 only 3 times.

To be fair, Collingwood don't concede above 60 points much either (with the exception of some outliers), but these stats don't really favour a Collingwood win.

Back