Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 18 - Pies v Port Mon September 21st 7:15pm AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Can’t fault his effort, he was all over the place. Just not as dominant as he’s been over the past couple of years.

Agree re. NicNat, dogs were lucky he was rested as he’d have eaten our ruck stocks for breakfast and probably cost us finals.

Good luck anyway.

Actually if you watch the game he toweled up Lycett for clearances from stoppages, so no not all over the place, his form is building and time is running out and not the right time to come up against NN.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
When your club signed up to join the AFL, they also signed an agreement with Collingwood to relinquish their black & white jumper and their Magpies branding.

What makes you think you can just thumb your nose at a written agreement made 24 years ago?
Man up and stop trying to weasel your way out of an agreement which you made.

Your colours are black, teal and white

Not sure thats exactly correct, Im sure if it was Eddie would have had that agreement published in the papers 100 times by now, Plus not sure if it gets challenged it would stand up with the history Port has behind it and there is n reason why Pies should have exclusive rights to either the black/white colours and the 2 designs are not exactly the same. The north Jumper looks alot more like the pies than the traditional Port jumper on the ground.

Dont see any issue with them wearing it in games that are against other teams

PetterdHoisted

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
networks/AFL will be unhappy with two of their more bankable teams landing each other in an elim.

hard to see the Pies winning the EF for mine, they seem to be lacking 'it', whatever it is that has been a winning formula for them since 2018- as was mentioned earlier on here, Bucks expression at the end there seems to suggest he doesn't believe.

Noble and Quaynor really stand out, good finds.

Black white

Club Legend
May 4, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Absolutely. WC will either be missing three or four of their best players, or those players will be playing in a final after not playing any level of footy for a number of weeks.

They’ll be deserving favourites at home, but if Grundy can find some form the pies are a big chance.
If Kennedy doesn't play we're a very very small chance

Black white

Club Legend
May 4, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not sure thats exactly correct, Im sure if it was Eddie would have had that agreement published in the papers 100 times by now, Plus not sure if it gets challenged it would stand up with the history Port has behind it and there is n reason why Pies should have exclusive rights to either the black/white colours and the 2 designs are not exactly the same. The north Jumper looks alot more like the pies than the traditional Port jumper on the ground.

The giants should change their jumper, it's FN awful. They should get involved with the stripes or even the sash, maybe orange and black? Or yellow with a black sash

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
The longer the Pies persist with the Cox experiment the more heartache they will suffer

They are just losing time whilst they have players like Degoey,Sidebottom,treloar,Adams,Elliot and a few more really talented players without a true KPF to straighten them up.

Cox is just fool's gold and will not be your answer.

Get Rid of a few and get a player like Cameron , Daniher or even a player like Gunston that can straighten out your foward line

Mihocek,De Goey , Elliot , Thomas and 1 of the above would be a seriously dangerous foward line but Cox just doesnt work against Top sides

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
The giants should change their jumper, it's FN awful. They should get involved with the stripes or even the sash, maybe orange and black? Or yellow with a black sash
No Issue they can have the exact same as ours with Charcoal and orange sash.
1600696009803.png
1600696054155.png

They are not exactly the same and i agree should not wear against the Pies but why not against other teams. Just colours are the same
Pies dont own the exclusive rights to black/White

pablo668

Premiership Player
May 3, 2007
Claremont
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
To me it looks like the Pies are getting back to what they were circa 2018, showing good signs. Possibly late in the season though for that and not exactly their fault injuries etc being what they are.

Er....are the Pies in a position to get Ben Brown next year? Would they want to?

Schmiddy73

Debutant
Sep 26, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Reckon Blics has both Westhoff and Pav for versatility now, haha. Not many have won a B + F in the ruck/midfield and in defence
Don't often like to agree with cats supporters but think you have a valid point on versatility.👍
Pavlich clearly the best player of the 3 but Westy and Blics very good players

Jun 7, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
No Issue they can have the exact same as ours with Charcoal and orange sash.
View attachment 967402View attachment 967404

They are not exactly the same and i agree should not wear against the Pies but why not against other teams. Just colours are the same
Pies dont own the exclusive rights to black/White

If we had the choice of wearing our real jumper during the following occasions I would be happy:
- Home Showdowns
- ANZAC Day
- Finals against everyone but Collingwood

These are the special times for a club and should be honoured with the jumper that has earnt that honour.

On last nights game, its easy to lump praise at this time but I want to make a few observations:
- Collingwood are the Terminator of the AFL - you can fill them fill of holes and they get back up. I respect that.
- On only one occasion last night did I notice a Collingwood player duck. And I don't remember a single instance of them overtly playing for a free. They again earn my respect for that.
- As much as I hate mini-Packer and his Toorak/Briiiighton buffoons, I respect Collingwood the club and consider them as 50/50 against the Eagles. I'll be barracking for them in their next game. I like the theatre of Collingwood and I would love the opportunity of hosting them at Adelaide Oval in a semi-final surrounded by my prison bar brothers should we not beat the Cats.

On reflection 2020 has taught me a few things.
When times get tough clubs and families survive. Franchises often don't.
When I look at who is playing in the finals this year, its all Clubs.
Ourselves obviously, Brisbane with its heart in Fitzroy, Collingwood, Richmond, West Coast, who have transformed from a franchise to a club through a number of baptisms of fire, Geelong. And the dogs don't give up. The saints are in an upswing and I wish them well. Franchises that have not yet had the opportunity to make the generational change to be clubs have often splintered. But after splintering one of two things will happen. They will be tempered by the experience and actually become clubs, or not.

2020 has been a marathon to date for everyone. I have never been prouder of my club than I am right now. Not even in 1977. Not even in 1990 when we played in the premiership we had to win. Not even when I look back at my grandfathers photos from when he was on the Port Management Committee back in the 1950's. Even now I am only just understanding our vision of "We exist to win premierships". I personally feel like we just won our grand final. I am content. But my club isn't. They've been through WWI, WWII, the great depression, survived them all and then still busted their butts to win 6 in a row in the 1950's. They understand what clubs must do. In my 50's, as a member of a generation that has truly lived through the best of times, I'm starting to understand.

Whatever happens over the finals I'm going to enjoy it.
The clubs, the great clubs have earned the right to be there and it will be grand.
And people everywhere in this country deserve to enjoy it.

Bring on the finals and FFS bring back our prison bars (as above).
We have bloody well earned them this year and only a narcissistic buffoon afraid of the response from his own people would argue otherwise.
Prove to me that you are not that.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's go Cats. Should get up against a team that normally goes to water in finals.

Your team has finished top 4 five times and minor premiers twice this millennium, for a grand total of one culture destroying grand final loss.

Aug 24, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Ah yes Forgot the in house umpires
If you get Margetts - good luck , you'll need it 😔

A few finals quality umpires haven't had a trip to Perth yet during COVID times e.g. Stevic, Ryan so my best guess will be on them. Margetts is not finals quality but would not be shocked if he is selected.

If they keep the appointments similar to Round 18, Stevic, Deboy and O'Gorman are likely. Guess we shall see.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Yeah nah... You're just siding against Eddie and the Pies. You'd have the complete opposite point of view if the Giants decided to wear charcoal jumpers with a yellow sash. Of course, it's an issue if another club wants to wear the same colours and a similar design. Are you stupid or what? It's called branding. e.g. for years and years, Cadbury Chocolate have threatened to sue any rival confectionary manufacturer who use purple-coloured packaging or logos

The Port Magpies are an SANFL club. When they joined the AFL, the acknowledged Collingwood were the AFL's Magpies who wore black and white stripes. That's why they've worn the colour teal on their jumpers from 1997 to 2020 and called themselves Port Power.

It's pretty sad to see Port fans hate their own club colours.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
But there is no such agreement. Challenged Eddie to produce it and he can't. Its all bluster
Go merge with Melbourne peanut.
Of course, there is a written agreement that Port can't wear their old black and white stripes

Why else do you think they've worn teal, black and white for the past 24 years?

Put it this way... Why bother having online petitions to wear your preferred jumper?
If there is no agreement, then just go ahead and wear your 'prison bars'. Oh, but you can't.. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Yeah nah... You're just siding against Eddie and the Pies.

You'd have the complete opposite point of view if the Giants decided to wear charcoal jumpers with a yellow sash

The Port Magpies are an SANFL club. When they joined the AFL, the acknowledged Collingwood were the Magpies who worse black and white stripes. That's why they've worn the colour teal on their jumpers from 1997 to 2020.

It's pretty sad to see Port fans hate their own club colours

Yeahh Nahh ;)

Charcoal with a yellow sash / Black with a red sash
Honestly unless its the exact same jumper i wouldnt care , Your Port 'Jail Bar' Jumper is not the same its a different design and i can see the issue with both Pies v Port games so wouldnt allow that but against other teams why not.

Lets say your port colours were yellow and black i would have no issue with the Port jumper just because the colours are the same
They / We dont own the rights to these colours

The North / Pies jumpers imo are closer to each other than the original port jumper so the difference then is colours

PowerForGood

2020. The year the competition became terminal. Ju
10k Posts
Sep 1, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Lakers, Rabbitohs
Of course, there is a written agreement that Port can't wear their old black and white stripes

Why else do you think they've worn teal, black and white for the past 24 years?

Put it this way... Why bother having online petitions to wear your preferred jumper?
If there is no agreement, then just go ahead and wear your 'prison bars'. Oh, but you can't.. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
It's an AFL approval that's required to change any guernsey, not a special Collingwood "agreement".

PowerForGood

10k Posts
Sep 1, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Yeah nah... You're just siding against Eddie and the Pies. You'd have the complete opposite point of view if the Giants decided to wear charcoal jumpers with a yellow sash. Of course, it's an issue if another club wants to wear the same colours and a similar design. Are you stupid or what? It's called branding. e.g. for years and years, Cadbury Chocolate have threatened to sue any rival confectionary manufacturer who use purple-coloured packaging or logos

The Port Magpies are an SANFL club. When they joined the AFL, the acknowledged Collingwood were the AFL's Magpies who wore black and white stripes. That's why they've worn the colour teal on their jumpers from 1997 to 2020 and called themselves Port Power.

It's pretty sad to see Port fans hate their own club colours.
You'd think that some people would know the difference between clubs and teams?
Or who actually owns the club brands? Hint: it's not the clubs.
Or why the Hawthorn colours are so close to the Richmond colours now, they'll start singing "yellow and black" soon?

Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It's an AFL approval that's required to change any guernsey, not a special Collingwood "agreement".
It doesn't matter how many petitions you have. A deal is a deal. You can't just go back on your word when you joined. Collingwood are the Magpies. They are team who wears black and stripes. Not Port Power. Your colours are teal, black and white.

Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Or why the Hawthorn colours are so close to the Richmond colours now, they'll start singing "yellow and black" soon?
:rolleyes: What the hell are you talking about? Hawthorn haven't changed their colours. The only thing which has changed is the Tigers now wear a yellower shade of yellow (more like a flouro yellow marker)

JOhKVhCN.jpg

112.-Michael-Roach.jpg

PowerForGood

10k Posts
Sep 1, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
It doesn't matter how many petitions you have. A deal is a deal. You can't just go back on your word when you joined. Collingwood are the Magpies. They are team who wears black and stripes. Not Port Power. Your colours are teal, black and white.
Yeah whatever - "a deal is a deal" - whatever you think that means in the way the AFL works...
"You can't go back on your word" - do you realise how petty that reads? Next thing you'll say is "Collingwood had a handshake agreement...."

At least you got the Magpies bit right - the bit that Port Adelaide aren't questioning. Which incidentally, like guernsey designs, is also owned by the AFL.

Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah whatever - "a deal is a deal" - whatever you think that means in the way the AFL works...
"You can't go back on your word" - do you realise how petty that reads? Next thing you'll say is "Collingwood had a handshake agreement...."

At least you got the Magpies bit right - the bit that Port Adelaide aren't questioning. Which incidentally, like guernsey designs, is also owned by the AFL.
Port's colours are teal, black and white

Stop sooking about it

Back