Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 18 - Swans v Cats Sun September 20th 3:35pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What about touheys mark. The dangerous tackle against Geelong not paid near the goal square the deliberate out of bounds. The front on contact to Taylor then called throw. And many other I have forgotten about
Don't worry about Dez! He's spewing Geelong won. We keep him up at night.

Shaks

Team Captain
Aug 15, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I'd rather play the Cats if I were Port. Yes, Geelong might hit top gear in finals and if they do, look out, but their form the past two rounds haven't been great, and historically they're awful after the bye. The Tigers, on the other hand, could beat anyone, anywhere, barring West Coast in Perth imo.
The VFL made sure the Tigers didn't have to play Eagles in Perth this year.

BartBart

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 30, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
does it? I thought an unrealistic attempt was deemed so because he couldn’t actually take the mark?

If that's the case then what is to stop someone doing it, landing, running a few more steps then marking it.

Let's make it a free for all - go as early as you want as long as you take the mark.

People are hyperventilating saying it is the end of the high mark.

Than god that's over. That was the most one sided umpiring against Geelong I have seen.
Missed the Mollison effort against Nth at KP?

Generalissimo

His Excellency
Jul 14, 2002
Somewhere
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
The Mighty Cats
Than god that's over. That was the most one sided umpiring against Geelong I have seen.

That first half was deplorable. Rampant barracking. But I was quietly confident of getting a few 2nd half evener-upperers.

Funny how, in the second half, without champions Swans like Rosebury, Brown, and Donlon to feed them, Geelong started getting the ascendancy.

The VFL made sure the Tigers didn't have to play Eagles in Perth this year.
Geez mate, you only get the 1st week of the finals in Perth. That's it. You could have finished on top and that wouldn't have changed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoops

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 30, 2004
Forever in contention
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Vixens
Sigh... it is legal if it is part of a legitimate attempt at a mark.

You can't do it to clear space, LAND back on the ground & then mark it.

So don't write obituaries for a proper high mark just yet.
The question is did he touch the ball before landing back on the ground? Many players complete their mark on the ground

May 19, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
If that's the case then what is to stop someone doing it, landing, running a few more steps then marking it.

Let's make it a free for all - go as early as you want as long as you take the mark.

People are hyperventilating saying it is the end of the high mark.
Not exactly a fair representation of what actually happened but don’t let the facts get in the way

not quite, the Pies game was worse and they got a little better as this game went on. The first half was absoloute garbage though

Bungeye

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
We've been so good so long, that's why. Statistics and probability.

Imagine, for the sake of argument, that because of our skill we are on average a 3 goal better side than other teams.

Now, every game is going to have some scatter around that mean 3 goal margin. One goal either way is going to be more common than two goals either way; that is, we're more likely to win by two or four goals than by one or five goals. More likely to win by a goal than to break even.

That's why we have a better chance of winning by a couple of points than losing by a couple of points. The same seems to be true of every team that's been successful for a prolonged period.
That may be true, but I don't anyone that can explain the "Kennetts curse".

May 19, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Please someone, anyone, don't let the Cats win it all. Can't stand em.
Oh, and the AFL world just loves those nice boys in the West. Ha! Thought you’d be feeling good then after that game; on that performance, we’d be long shots. But you gotta make it and then see what happens. I reckon Geelong deserve it as much as anyone. Best win-loss for the entire decade; I’m thinking two flags would be a fair return in that time, don’t you?

Mar 30, 2008
The Phase Realm
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Freo , Coney Island Warriors.
Yes it is, we strive to finish the best position we can unlike your mob that are content with being at the bottom of the barrel which is very entertaining, enjoy another final series from the side-lines
5E249DF0-5EED-48FC-85BB-4B668BB935ED.jpeg

Reeeeeewwwr!!

Back