Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 18 - Swans v Cats Sun September 20th 3:35pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shaks

Team Captain
Aug 15, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
The Eagles made sure they weren’t going to play Richmond in Perth when they lost to them in Brisbane.
Yes if we are good enough we should win anywhere so no one else to blame but ourselves. Although that game in Brisbane should've been played in Perth and if you lost that you would not have finished in the top four but like always any potential threat to Richmond must be mitigated by the Afl to make your ride to the finals a bit easier.
You guys are a good team and playing good football so you shouldn't need to be assisted by the Afl.

Yes if we are good enough we should win anywhere so no one else to blame but ourselves. Although that game in Brisbane should've been played in Perth and if you lost that you would not have finished in the top four but like always any potential threat to Richmond must be mitigated by the Afl to make your ride to the finals a bit easier.
You guys are a good team and playing good football so you shouldn't need to be assisted by the Afl.
I had no idea the AFL released coronavirus?
Or set the borders in WA?
But seriously your last point is the big thing for you guys. You’re a good team but seem to hang everything off playing in Perth, it’s like the fans melts about it have reached the players because I don’t remember them ever being so reliant on a home advantage.

Shaks

Team Captain
Aug 15, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
But seriously your last point is the big thing for you guys. You’re a good team but seem to hang everything off playing in Perth, it’s like the fans melts about it have reached the players because I don’t remember them ever being so reliant on a home advantage.
After the Covid the Afl changed your fixture that you were supposed to play in Perth. They also made sure you had sufficient rest advantage when you played a team that had potential to beat you. Reigning Premiers should not be given easy draws.

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
After the Covid the Afl changed your fixture that you were supposed to play in Perth. They also made sure you had sufficient rest advantage when you played a team that had potential to beat you. Reigning Premiers should not be given easy draws.
I know. Imagine if we got a whole heap of seven day breaks while sleeping in our own beds and then playing against sides who had to travel interstate and/or be quarantined.

Shaks

Team Captain
Aug 15, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I know. Imagine if we got a whole heap of seven day breaks while sleeping in our own beds and then playing against sides who had to travel interstate and/or be quarantined.
I would rather those seven day breaks towards the end of the season than earlier on in the season as it gives us time to recover from injuries that we recieved while playing after 4-5 day breaks towards the end of the season and then have our players ready for finals.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Maybe if Hawkins stopped b!tching and squealing at the umpires every time he is in any kind of contest and it doesn't go his way Geelong might get a better run from the umpires. FMD he just never stops.

that’s pretty much the mantra of any key forward but the guy has been a punching bag for umpires most of his career

Didn’t notice.

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
I would rather those seven day breaks towards the end of the season than earlier on in the season as it gives us time to recover from injuries that we recieved while playing after 4-5 day breaks towards the end of the season and then have our players ready for finals.
IIRC the AFL wanted you to stay in the Qld hub longer at the start of the year but you guys wanted to go home. Maybe if you'd stayed you'd have got what you wanted.

That said you played on Thursday night. You're either playing Collingwood or the WB in an elimination final... you've got a few extra days on both sides there.

Finknottle

Club Legend
Aug 2, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
Buddy like
The Touhy no play on decision was a shocker. He marked the ball. There was another Rohan mark that was not paid as well. Some ludicrous deliberates paid. Those umpires were terrible. That withstanding the Swans were better than Geelong and deserved to win. Geelong sure picked a bad time of the year to play their worst football. They were playing some ridiculous lose zone that left Sydney players free all over the ground. That zone will see us go out in straight sets. It's the anathema of finals football.

Finknottle

Club Legend
Aug 2, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
Donuts so far.
DF couldn't get near the ball and when he did he coughed it up. He would make a mess in a china shop. He should be played as a third forward with Rohan and Hawkins. His turnovers don't hurt as much there and he'll snag a few goals like today. Ratugolea was terrible, slaughtered in the ruck and hardly touched the ball. He will be good one day but not this year. Stanley in, Sav out. Darcy Fort should have been played against Sydney. Miers needs to stop turning the ball over.

Dec 30, 2018
Gimuy Walubara Yidinji
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The Touhy no play on decision was a shocker. He marked the ball. There was another Rohan mark that was not paid as well. Some ludicrous deliberates paid. Those umpires were terrible. That withstanding the Swans were better than Geelong and deserved to win. Geelong sure picked a bad time of the year to play their worst football. They were playing some ridiculous lose zone that left Sydney players free all over the ground. That zone will see us go out in straight sets. It's the anathema of finals football.

Umm... Going to assume you didn't mean to quote me, but agree with your take on the umpiring today. Absolutely shocking, lucky Geelong still won today and the umpiring didn't cost you a top 4 spot.

Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Just watching the replay now and the Parfitt score review is a really weird/interesting one. Ultimately I think the correct call was made, but would have been a pretty interesting one to dissect if the goal umpire's call stood.

Basically if it had been determined that Cunningham was the one who kicked the ball, presumably the advantage should have not been paid and the kick gone back to Dangerfield (if not a 50m penalty).

00VicWard001

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 3, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Just watching the replay now and the Parfitt score review is a really weird/interesting one. Ultimately I think the correct call was made, but would have been a pretty interesting one to dissect if the goal umpire's call stood.

Basically if it had been determined that Cunningham was the one who kicked the ball, presumably the advantage should have not been paid and the kick gone back to Dangerfield (if not a 50m penalty).
Great pickup! Never thought of it that way and I wonder if the umpires would Have done that or just signalled a behind?

Yeah actually you're right, you can't pay advantage if the defender kicks the ball off the ground without any Geelong player touching it. If it wasn't a goal it technically should have been a 50 to Danger

Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Advantage is yet another one of our iffy rules. Partfitt chose to soccer and Cunningham got a toe in. Assuming it was a clear behind off the defender's foot then I would not have been surprised to see the behind stand or the umpire call it back and say 'no advantage'.

Just a timing thing really. From the footage it looked like the only way you could call it a point was if you judged that Parfitt hadn't made contact with the ball (i.e. his foot was definitely in striking distance of the ball last before it went over the line, just a question of whether he made contact).

If Cunningham got a foot on it, to me it looked like he got there simultaneously with Parfitt, or even slightly ahead.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
its only when we start winning away that we start rating ourselves a chance.

if we win away we get top four.

if we get top four we are a chance

if we dont win away we are bottom four of the eight - means we are playing away and if we cant win away - means we are dead week one or two.

Back