Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 5 - Blues v Saints Thurs July 2nd 7:40PM AEST (Marvel) Teams announced

Who will win and by how much?

• Carlton by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • St Kilda by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Carlton by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • St Kilda by 7 - 20

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • Carlton by a lot

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • St Kilda by a lot

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

And yours is?
I have watched my team win flags, something you will have to be content with dreaming about.

It's understandable when teams that have been successful try pick on us for 20 bad years, it's quite laughable when a club with 100 years of failure tries to mimic them.

I have watched my team win flags, something you will have to be content with dreaming about.

It's understandable when teams that have been successful try pick on us for 20 bad years, it's quite laughable when a club with 100 years of failure tries to mimic them.
Hogwash, I have watched my team win a flag.There is actually no chance whatsoever that any team would ever want to mimic Carlton.

Hogwash, I have watched my team win a flag.There is actually no chance whatsoever that any team would ever want to mimic Carlton.
You trying to tell me you are in your late 60s? Also learn to read no one said anything about you mimicking Carlton

One glaring example of many from this game.

Nothing to see if you close your eyes I suppose. No one should be happy about such an umpiring standard.
So many grey areas in our rules, and with 3 different field umpires, inconsistency in decisions (including those paid and those not paid), you can watch any given game and highlight about 50 (probably more) of these examples.

I don't think anyone is happy about the umpiring standards, but it is impossible to adjudicate in real time with so many grey areas that are open to interpretation.

So many grey areas in our rules, and with 3 different field umpires, inconsistency in decisions (including those paid and those not paid), you can watch any given game and highlight about 50 (probably more) of these examples.

I don't think anyone is happy about the umpiring standards, but it is impossible to adjudicate in real time with so many grey areas that are open to interpretation.

I don’t make excuse. It’s simply unacceptable. The Pies generally get the good rub of the inconsistency though, so I can appreciate why you’re more forgiving than I.

Good to get the win, but it should been by more. Took the foot off the pedal in the last half. Should’ve been an 8 goal win, scoreboard flattered Carlton big time. But there are some positive signs for both clubs. But still heaps of work to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure that's your own players fault for not being able to throw an effective punch.

To be fair, of the 44 players on the ground, only Marc Murphy was unable to record a contested possession. Frustrating I guess.

Late in the game, against a bloke he has waited three (?) years for to respond for a slur on his wife, he thought a clenched fist to the ribs (which the AFL has deemed to have no enough force to worthy any penalty) would do the trick.

Sums up Marc Murphy doesn't it.

Back