Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 5 - Cats v Suns Sat July 4th 4:35pm AEST (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Early days, but any young promising kid from any club would probably entice the same interest. Especially trying to bring kids back home.
Recent history suggests that enticing young talent away from QLD clubs isn't difficult. I'd like to see some continuation at the suns so we can see the fulfillment of their build.

The Vic clubs, including the club I support, are vultures.

If Geelong permanently plays Gaz in a forward pocket, I think he will earn his pay until his early 40's.

That brain and skill will have value long after his stamina fails to keep up with the kids. Greg Williams performed a role in the forward pocked long after his body failed him.

Ablett is more than capable of reaching the 400 club imo.

Dangerfield marks it in row D, wastes time by going back to take his kick knowing full well it was OOB, looking baffled when the ump tells him to give it back, then drops it, before actually giving it back.

Nah, no 50 there.
Well that's is the game these days, stager Dangermouse and the umpires rub against GC17 terrible. But Lunchlady Doris is just a smarty!

If Geelong permanently plays Gaz in a forward pocket, I think he will earn his pay until his early 40's.

That brain and skill will have value long after his stamina fails to keep up with the kids. Greg Williams performed a role in the forward pocked long after his body failed him.

Ablett is more than capable of reaching the 400 club imo.

Pretty sure he's already announced he's retiring end of season?

Pretty sure he's already announced he's retiring end of season?
It's probably for the best even if I can understand the allure of playing on.

I hate to see legends of the game play on when their best is well behind them, unless they're playing on in a mentoring role like Hodge.

The suns fought it out at least. Years gone past, it would have been blown out and they would have given up. They definitely have improved.
Just some things need to be worked on. Composure. Don't be silly and give away 50's. Kicking wasn't the best. Hanley and Harbow had their worst game all year.

But also lots of things to like. One might have thought it would have been blown apart once Rowell did that injury, but shows they have more good players in the team.
Overall, not bad, but things to improve on for next week.

Ben King + Sam Day are really a great KPF pairing. And how about that movement in the middle with Bowes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The suns fought it out at least. Years gone past, it would have been blown out and they would have given up. They definitely have improved.
Just some things need to be worked on. Composure. Don't be silly and give away 50's. Kicking wasn't the best. Hanley and Harbow had their worst game all year.

But also lots of things to like. One might have thought it would have been blown apart once Rowell did that injury, but shows they have more good players in the team.
Overall, not bad, but things to improve on for next week.

Ben King + Sam Day are really a great KPF pairing. And how about that movement in the middle with Bowes?

Yes, I loved Bowes moves too :)

It's probably for the best even if I can understand the allure of playing on.

I hate to see legends of the game play on when their best is well behind them, unless they're playing on in a mentoring role like Hodge.
Someone asked him how long he reckons him and Selwood had left. He suggested Selwood could play for a few years left but there are only 6 months left for him...

Seems like he only went around for 1 more season to try to get that third flag after being so close last year (had we beat Richmond we probably take care of GWS).

Dangerfield marks it in row D, wastes time by going back to take his kick knowing full well it was OOB, looking baffled when the ump tells him to give it back, then drops it, before actually giving it back.

Nah, no 50 there.
Dangermouse and Selwood are the leagues greatest stagers and free-kick opportunists, I have ever seen. I have no doubt of their abilities but they border on the cheating label, with over killing an infringement, making it look twice as bad as it is, yeeeees you know they do it.
Time wasting and just being smart arses.
I think that they are really the only bad thing about the Cats, they are a good team, those two are unpleasant to say the least.

Back