Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 5 - Freo v Saints Sat July 11th 12:35pm AEST (Metricon)

Who will win and by how much

• Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saints by a goal or less

• Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Freo by a lot

• Saints by a lot

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

4803BB46-9AFA-4EF1-B6EA-3DD6CEF30664.png

2020 TOYOTA AFL PREMIERSHIP
Round 6 • FREMANTLE V ST KILDA
SATURDAY JULY 11TH 12:35PM AEST (METRICON)

Tipping on BigFooty's own system.
Tip now - $1000 in cash prizes.

Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won.

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

ROUND 6 TEAMS

DOCKERS

B: S.Hill, B.Cox, E.Hughes
HB: N.Wilson, L.Ryan, H.Young
C: D.Tucker, N.Fyfe, J.Aish
HF: A.Cerra, R.Lobb, S.Sturt
F: T.Colyer, M.Taberner, M.Walters
FOLL: S.Darcy, D.Mundy, A.Brayshaw
I/C: B.Bewley, C.Serong, L.Schultz, B.Acres
EMG: M.Crowden, C.Blakely,
B.Banfield, T.Duman

IN: B.Cox, N.Fyfe, T.Colyer, B.Acres
OUT: T.Duman (omitted), G.Logue, R.Conca, J.Hogan (all injured)

SAINTS

B: N.Coffield, C.Wilkie, J.Carlisle
HB: B.Long, D.Howard, J.Geary
C: B.Hill, H.Clark, J.Billings
HF: D.Butler, M.King, J.Gresham
F: D.Kent, T.Membrey, J.Battle
FOLL: R.Marshall, J.Steele, S.Ross
I/C: Z.Jones, B.Paton, J.Lonie, J.Marsh
EMG: J.Sinclair, N.Hind, P.Ryder, R.Byrnes

IN: Z.Jones
OUT: D.Hannebery (injured)

Last edited:

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
saints noosa home a bit of a curse. no wonder carlton pulled out and relocated. a three hour bus trip before a game is a bit of a bugger. not sure why they dont travel up overnight and sleep at the gc.
hopefully they do.
wit the early start time, they will be up and out at an early time

Freo in an upset.
I think sitting in a bus for 2.5-3 hours getting from noosa to metricon will not be beneficial to the Saints.
Never understood this logic. Maybe if they were senile old folk, but surely peak athletes can deal with a nice comfy ride before a game? I use to travel a couple hours for footy regularly (albeit a junior) and was no probs

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Diehard Saint , lethalsaints , projectv , StCicatriz , Plugger35 , Plugger_87 Mat Mann aussierulesrules

Brace yourselfs. lol.

Tomorrow, its all upon us. For the 1st time since 2006, Ross Lyon won be coachig either the Saints or Freo. And of all places its a Metricon in Queenland in front of a bunch of Tarps. lol.

Both teams have been released from the Shackles of what was Known as Ross Lyon preadatory defensive tactics. lol

May 27, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Diehard Saint , lethalsaints , projectv , StCicatriz , Plugger35 , Plugger_87 Mat Mann

Brace yourselfs. lol.

Tomorrow, its all upon us. For the 1st time since 2006, Ross Lyon won be coachig either the Saints or Freo. And of all places its a Metricon in Queenland in front of a bunch of Tarps. lol.

Both teams have been released from the Shackles of what was Known as Ross Lyon preadatory defensive tactics. lol

Cheers mate, I hope it's an entertaining game. Based on the current in's and out's we'd have to be favoured, but we're also wonderful at not rising to meet expectations!

12:35pm on a Saturday is a bit trash though.

Diehard Saint , lethalsaints , projectv , StCicatriz , Plugger35 , Plugger_87 Mat Mann aussierulesrules

Brace yourselfs. lol.

You just couldn’t make it up could you?
Add to that our Hill / Acres “swap” - it’s gonna be interesting, for sure.

Sep 12, 2013
Gladstone, QLD
AFL Club
St Kilda

Brace yourselfs. lol.

Would have better suited to Fri night after the garbage I just watched. Wouldn't be hard to top that.

SterlingArcher

Brownlow Medallist
May 16, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
So Cox will get King and Luke Ryan will get Membrey presumably? No Logue, Pearce or Hamling.

Membrey isn't that much taller than Ryan, but I haven't seen much of Ryan defending on the lead. Membrey should have the smarts in that situation I reckon.

Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
So Cox will get King and Luke Ryan will get Membrey presumably? No Logue, Pearce or Hamling.

Membrey isn't that much taller than Ryan, but I haven't seen much of Ryan defending on the lead. Membrey should have the smarts in that situation I reckon.
I think Geary or Marsh will go to Ryan as a defensive forward. That tactic has worked really really well for us so far this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SterlingArcher

Brownlow Medallist
May 16, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
I think Geary or Marsh will go to Ryan as a defensive forward. That tactic has worked really really well for us so far this season.

Then who would take Membrey? Hughes?

I know Saints did very well with Docherty but the best way to reduce Ryan's rebounding is to have him accountable for Membrey I say. Geary/Marsh can tag him and if they're lucky hurt him with goals, but Membrey with a defender looking to drift off him could kick 5.

SterlingArcher

Brownlow Medallist
May 16, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
We have the mids to stop them, they gotta step up

I'd say even a 50-50 result in the midfield results in a decent St Kilda win.

Freo mids would need to win the mid battle comfortably to even just win. With Fyfe and Walters it is possible, two stars, but even Steele and Jones are defensively minded at stoppages and could at least halve the contest.

Saints are in good form. I'd say it's more than a little upset if Freo can get up today.

Back