Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 5 - Lions v Port Sat July 4th 7:40pm (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So we have established you are an idiot. Not only was he hit in the head, he was also grabbed by the jumper and yanked away from the ball. All 3 commentators were basically laughing at how bad the decision that was and Huddo mentioned straight after how badly Port had been shafted by the umpires. So yeah, you're dumb, blind, and don't know football.

I know that you are a bit raw at the moment, but you shouldn’t call people mean things. 😂

Umpiring was disappointing but it was lost when we kicked 1.6 in the first quarter. If we capitalised on our dominance then and kicked 6.1 instead it’s an entirely different game. GGs to Brisbane, cheers for winning me a bit of money

Funny thing is you are right on the 1st part. 15:12 your way and we got about 4 of them in the space of 4-5 mins when Port decided they weren't even going to try if they were just going to get fisted all night by the umps. They took interest again only to get fisted some more. Lets see, Dixon shoulder charged off his feet 30 metres out directly in front in the first quarter not paid. Dixon tackled by a third man up 35m out directly in front, no free kick. Gray absolutely molested directly in front of an umpire with a perfect view 20 metres out from goal, no free. Absolutely disgusting inconsistency with the holding the ball (2 inside 50, 1 20m out directly in front). Dan Houston (I think) was absolutely smashed off the ball, but in the field of view of the umpire 60m out from goal no free. The non recalled bounce which led to a shot on goal. The commentators were basically jumping out of their chairs and laughing how bad 4 of those decisions were and they all resulted in either shots either given (or taken away). Imagine being that one eyed that the umpiring was so badly in your favour, that Hudson, who is both neutral and instructed to not mention the umpiring, actually come out and directly say Port had been robbed for a half of football, and trying to argue that you were the ones that were robbed.

Haha Port stopped trying. Never winning a flag with that attitude, Port.

Obviously we're pretty disappointed, but sit back and look at the standard of umpiring (not saying for any team) and that wasn't at a standard we should be comfortable with.
It was awful.

Not good enough in the first quarter.

You can’t go at 1.6 in the first against a team like Brisbane, at their home and expect to get the result.

If we went into the first break with a 3 goal lead and the momentum would have continued from there. Not saying we would have won still but the alternative was we go into the break behind, tail between our legs after a solid quarter and then come out flat and the game is over in 15 minutes Into the second

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure why so many didn't see this result on the cards.

At the start of this round, Port's only wins were against the bottom 3 plus GC (whose only wins were against the bottom 3 as of the start of this round). Brisbane's wins were against the same set of sides, but at least they had some runs on the board from last year to show they were a team capable of top 4.

Not writing off Port completely as a contender - Eagles was a decent scalp, even though they were clearly travelling poorly form wise at the time - but we really need to see more of these teams who have dined out on teams everyone figured would be likely to miss finals at the start of the season, such as Crows, Freo and GC. Very hard to pick form lines with teams returning at different levels of preparedness from lockdown, and the unusual fixture and location issues, but I think it is entirely likely Port will be doing as they have often done at season end - fighting it out for one of the last spots in the 8 (probably similar to my own team).

So we have established you are an idiot. Not only was he hit in the head, he was also grabbed by the jumper and yanked away from the ball. All 3 commentators were basically laughing at how bad the decision that was and Huddo mentioned straight after how badly Port had been shafted by the umpires. So yeah, you're dumb, blind, and don't know football.

Are you talking about the same commentators that continued on about 'momentum' as if it were the first time they had discovered the word?
The same commentators that seem to think that momentum comes out of thin air, which then creates luck, which in turn is the only reason why we won that game?

Are you talking about the same commentators that continued on about 'momentum' as if it were the first time they had discovered the word?
The same commentators that seem to think that momentum comes out of thin air, which then creates luck, which in turn is the only reason why we won that game?

You want to attach a quote to this? The commentators were glowingly praising of Brisbane. The only time I recall luck being discussed was when something lucky happened like taking a hack soccer kick and hitting someone on the chest 50 metres away or when 3 port players got to the ball first, one nearly booted the second guys hand off, then kicked it straight into the third player's shin, only to have it bounce over all of them and into Charlie Cameron's lap dead in front of goal. Momentum is a well known phenomenon or 'confidence when things are going well' is an observable phenomenon in basically every team sport on the planet.

You have a bit of a victim complex there if you think the commentators were against you.

You want to attach a quote to this? The commentators were glowingly praising of Brisbane. The only time I recall luck being discussed was when something lucky happened like taking a hack soccer kick and hitting someone on the chest 50 metres away or when 3 port players got to the ball first, one nearly booted the second guys hand off, then kicked it straight into the third player's shin, only to have it bounce over all of them and into Charlie Cameron's lap dead in front of goal. Momentum is a well known phenomenon or 'confidence when things are going well' is an observable phenomenon in basically every team sport on the planet.

You have a bit of a victim complex there if you think the commentators were against you.

A hack soccer kick to someones chest isnt luck. We got first to the ball and the player who took the mark was playing in front. Football 101.
The ball ending up in Cameron's lap was a result of poor skill from Port and good pressure from the Lions. You said it yourself. Port kicked it into another players shin (thats a skill error). You also stated "Only to have it bounce all over them" is another skill error/not having clean hands. It was not luck. Luck is the end result of something you have no control over.

Luck was also mentioned when T. Berry made a handball to a Lions player in the goal square that ended up in a goal.

Not disagreeing about momentum. Yes momentum helped us win that game. We created that psychological momentum from being harder, faster and better than Port.
We did not win that game with luck.

A hack soccer kick to someones chest isnt luck. We got first to the ball and the player who took the mark was playing in front. Football 101.
The ball ending up in Cameron's lap was a result of poor skill from Port and good pressure from the Lions. You said it yourself. Port kicked it into another players shin (thats a skill error). You also stated "Only to have it bounce all over them" is another skill error/not having clean hands. It was not luck. Luck is the end result of something you have no control over.

Luck was also mentioned when T. Berry made a handball to a Lions player in the goal square that ended up in a goal.

Not disagreeing about momentum. Yes momentum helped us win that game. We created that psychological momentum from being harder, faster and better than Port.
We did not win that game with luck.

Yes mate, Brisbane are the greatest team in the history of sport in the Cosmos. Everything they do is intentional and noone else deserves to play on the same field as them. If commentators don't jerk Brisbane off 17 times a minute they should be fired out of a cannon ... into the sun.

Yes mate, Brisbane are the greatest team in the history of sport in the Cosmos. Everything they do is intentional and noone else deserves to play on the same field as them. If commentators don't jerk Brisbane off 17 times a minute they should be fired out of a cannon ... into the sun.
Not sure why you're getting so defensive. I clearly never stated we are the greatest team. And I have never spoke poorly of Port. I highly rate Port, especially the young guys coming through. I have just stated that we were the better side last night and luck was not what won us the game. I'm sure Ken Hinkley would agree.

Happy to agree with anyone on the fact we have been lucky in regards to the hub situation though.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back