Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 6 - Bombers v North Sat July 11th 7:40pm AEST (Metricon)

Who will win and by how much?

• Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • North by a goal or less

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

5418114F-ADFB-4FB8-B7A7-986173969DB4.png

2020 TOYOTA AFL PREMIERSHIP
Round 6 • ESSENDON V NORTH MELBOURNE
SATURDAY JULY 11TH 7:40PM AEST (METRICON)

Tipping on BigFooty's own system.
Tip now - $1000 in cash prizes.

Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won.

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

ROUND 6 TEAMS

BOMBERS

B: M.Hurley, C.Hooker, M.Gleeson
HB: A.Saad, J.Ridley, C.McKenna
C: B.Ham, A.McGrath, K.Langford
HF: D.Parish, J.Laverde, O.Fantasia
F: A.McDonald-Tipungwuti, S.McKernan, J.Townsend
FOLL: A.Phillips, D.Smith, D.Shiel
I/C: D.Zaharakis, W.Snelling, Z.Merrett, M.Hibberd
EMG: T.Bellchambers, J.Begley, A.Francis, N.Cahill

IN: C.McKenna, Z.Merrett
OUT: M.Redman (omitted), J.Stringer (injured)

KANGAROOS

B: J.Macmillan, R.Tarrant, S.Atley
HB: J.Pittard, J.Walker, K.Hayden
C: J.Polec, J.Simpkin, T.Dumont
HF: S.Higgins, C.Zurhaar, B.Scott
F: T.Thomas, B.Brown, C.Taylor
FOLL: T.Goldstein, L.McDonald, J.Anderson
I/C: P.Ahern, J.Mahony, T.Campbell, A.Hall
EMG: M.Williams, A.Bonar, B.McKay, T.Xerri

IN: B.Scott, P.Ahern, T.Campbell
OUT: M.Williams, T.Xerri (both omitted), B.Cunnington (injured)

Last edited:

May 8, 2018
Shanghai
AFL Club
Essendon
Kind of game Essendon drop. Have a good win in a match we are expected to lose. Get talked up a little. Go in confident against a team who’s backs are against the wall with 3 loses in a row. Then stuff it up.
This. Our arrogance of keeping passengers like Zaka in the side shows we’ve been drinking our own bath water all week. North will bounce us out of the blocks and we’ll spend the rest of the game playing ugly catch-up football

TurnoverMerchant

Vanilla Campaigner
Jul 11, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
This. Our arrogance of keeping passengers like Zaka in the side shows we’ve been drinking our own bath water all week. North will bounce us out of the blocks and we’ll spend the rest of the game playing ugly catch-up football
Honestly don't think it matters how arrogant Essendon are in approach to this game as we, as a team, have mentally s**t the bed. You'll win by about 60 points.

Macca18

EFC
Jul 6, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Essendon’s record the week after a good, unexpected win is about 0-20 over several years now. The holiday atmosphere the players are enjoying up on the Gold Coast this week will only add to this playing group’s complacency. North are also due for a form turnaround.

No reason to tip us until they prove otherwise, consistently. North by 12.

Sep 12, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Kind of game Essendon drop. Have a good win in a match we are expected to lose. Get talked up a little. Go in confident against a team who’s backs are against the wall with 3 loses in a row. Then stuff it up.
Yep. Seen this movie plenty of times before. Obviously would love to be proven wrong but we’ve got form.

One thing I will say though, there’s a school of thought that whoever adjusts best to the chaos of season 2020 is going to prosper and if any club has experience dealing with noise and nonsense we’d be it, at least it’s not mostly self inflicted this time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TurnoverMerchant

Vanilla Campaigner
Jul 11, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I love reading all of the Bombers fans bluffing this game as if they aren't one of the form sides of the comp. They will win and win big.

May 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Barcelona
I love reading all of the Bombers fans bluffing this game as if they aren't one of the form sides of the comp. They will win and win big.
There is no greater unknown quantity in AFL than Essendon. The gap between our best and worst is easily wider than any other team's.
Just remember... this is the team that conceded 21 consecutive goals to WBD late last year. The team ain't that much different to today's.

There is no greater unknown quantity in AFL than Essendon. The gap between our best and worst is easily wider than any other team's.
Just remember... this is the team that conceded 21 consecutive goals to WBD late last year. The team ain't that much different to today's.
My observation is Essendon early in the season is Tarzan, Essendon later in the season is Jane.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
You've lost one game for the season, by a point. So you can lose the woe is me mentality

Back