Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 6 - Cats v Lions Thurs July 9th (Cats 11.7.73 d Lions 6.10.46)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ricketz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2011
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Geelong
The interpretation needed a slight tweak instead they have changed it completely. Some of the HTB decisions now paid where a player picks up the ball and they are tackled straight away goes against everything we want in the game. Players will soon not pick up the ball and instead just tap it forward or kick it off the ground to prevent a free getting paid against them. And this is coming from a tiger fan where the new interpretation actually helps us with the way we play.

Tap it on instead of getting caught for another ball up, you say? How curious.

It was never the case that the ball winner had it so easily as the last five or so years. Suck it up you pop up sprinklers and think back to the days twenty years ago when the ball getter would navigate an ear massage, uppercut and a jumper scrag before clearing it.

This is the right rule change you nellies.

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Tap it on instead of getting caught for another ball up, you say? How curious.

It was never the case that the ball winner had it so easily as the last five or so years. Suck it up you pop up sprinklers and think back to the days twenty years ago when the ball getter would navigate an ear massage, uppercut and a jumper scrag before clearing it.

This is the right rule change you nellies.
No it’s not.

LeppaMessiah

Team Captain
Aug 9, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I guess you didn’t watch the first half then when Bris were on the recieving end of some very dubious calls

still try and use the umpiring as an excuse for 9 goals kicked on you in the third qtr
How did you figure I used umpiring as an excuse based on the post you quoted? “Still trying” haha, you realise this was posted 4 days ago hey? Good try, maybe next time contribute in a real time discussion.

frggr

Fan Favourite (they/them)
May 16, 2012
Poland
AFL Club
Geelong
Ahhhh I never venture onto the Main "Bored" but this was an entertaining read - mostly owing to the Richmond posters.

Brisbane will get better - unlucky to get caught by a Cats machine that decided to fire for once

MJG14

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Australian Cricket Team
This may get ugly. I hope it doesn't as I was looking forward to a decent contest.
Goodness, hindsight is a wonderful thing, but this was a horrific call from me! Geelong dominated after I made this post.

Still wasn't the worst call of the night though, that goes to Bruce for basically saying Ablett is past it.

frggr

May 16, 2012
Poland
AFL Club
Geelong
Geelong v Brisbane
10 Patrick Dangerfield (GEEL)
8 Joel Selwood (GEEL)
3 Tom Hawkins (GEEL)
3 Sam Menegola (GEEL)
3 Dayne Zorko (BL)
2 Mark Blicavs (GEEL)
1 Cameron Guthrie (GEEL)

Jan 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
So how many frees did Joel get again? Conpaired to how many frees against?

come on I’m sure the stats can back upthe drivel you wrote out???
It's quite liberating actually that umpires have stopped allowing themselves to be milked by the likes of Joel Selwood. I've even noticed lately he doesn't duck as much. He did earn the name duckwood for a very good reason. He still tries to milk free kicks in any way possible though.

Care to have an opinion on dangerfield's efforts at the end of the second quarter in the prelim last year?

frggr

May 16, 2012
Poland
AFL Club
Geelong
It's quite liberating actually that umpires have stopped allowing themselves to be milked by the likes of Joel Selwood. I've even noticed lately he doesn't duck as much. He did earn the name duckwood for a very good reason. He still tries to milk free kicks in any way possible though.

Care to have an opinion on dangerfield's efforts at the end of the second quarter in the prelim last year?

Obsessed

Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong

Can’t even answer the question or back up your statement

how embarrassing

Jan 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Can’t even answer the question or back up your statement

how embarrassing
Answer what? Frees for v. Frees against... That had nothing to do with the original post. Nice try. The point is that your beloved Geelong players will do anything and everything to get a free kick.

Now that's embarrassing.

Be interesting to see how many games they win away from kitty litter park this season

Back