Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 6 - Cats v Lions Thurs July 9th (Cats 11.7.73 d Lions 6.10.46)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Most people in 2020 have at least a minimum of 2 monitors. Not difficult to have the footy up on one screen and BF on the other screen.

Agree, I just don’t think it’s that bad to go back and read the game thread to see what people said after, might find some interesting stuff that you miss watching the game

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ablett has been great but we just saw the impact of the new interpretation. He would normally put his head over it and try to break through a pack, instead he looked at it and soccered it off the ground knowing he would get pinged if he picked it up. Is that really what we want in the game?

Agreed, players avoiding getting the football will be the death of the game.

How did Geelong lose to Carlton at home...

Played lazy, unaccountable football for three quarters and to Carlton’s credit, their tall forwards all had days out.

Our intensity in the last three games has been much better, so it seems some lessons were learned that night.

Geelong's best win in 2020....Brisbane just had a shocker when the heat was on..
Yeah, but 22 points up. They had the Cats on the ropes and lost the plot. They were outclassed and out muscled

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Arriving a bit late here, but I thought the early umpiring was awful, and to my navy-and-white-striped eyes, the Lions were getting the best of it. I felt the Cats reaction to that was understandable, if not what you’d ideally want.
Still, a great turn-around from a team with two players out from the first five minutes. If we can keep this up, who knows where we could go. I don’t think we will keep it up though. Too few doing the heavy lifting.

I’ve really enjoyed watching Brisbane these last few weeks, and would like to see them pick themselves up and dust themselves off again after this. A lot to like about them.

Arriving a bit late here, but I thought the early umpiring was awful, and to my navy-and-white-striped eyes, the Lions were getting the best of it. I felt the Cats reaction to that was understandable, if not what you’d ideally want.
Still, a great turn-around from a team with two players out from the first five minutes. If we can keep this up, who knows where we could go. I don’t think we will keep it up though. Too few doing the heavy lifting.

I’ve really enjoyed watching Brisbane these last few weeks, and would like to see them pick themselves up and dust themselves off again after this. A lot to like about them.

The way HTB was umpired was curious. If a Geelong player gathered the footy and got tackled, it's HTB regardless of prior, attempt, anything.

Brisbane could afford to get the footy and get tackled.

Was a bit one way and I think Cats players were a bit exasperated at that.

Paying HTB more strictly definitely opened the game up. Fewer repeat stoppages and a long kick to a contest became a reasonable option.

I didn't mind it - but it MUST be complemented with stricter application of illegally high, low or early tackles; otherwise the ball players will suffer and so will the game.

Not a geelong fan so don't really care but ablett even though he never puts his body on the line gets a game based on his reputation and delivers most of the time whereas jack steven getting a game for the same reason was wrong and it just shows how much better it was having sam simpson in there instead of steven

If the Cats win the flag whilst Wells engineers 3 x first round picks ~ it may end up being Wells' finest hour....

Lol these posts aged even better.

All posted within a couple of minutes of each other.

How about we watch games rather than just assume the opinions of commentators are right.

Ablett had already kicked a goal at that point and then had a hand in 4 of the next 5 goals.

Calm down Seeds.

During the second quarter in the Geelong boards game thread all the Geelong posters were bagging out the team and Scott relentlessly.

It was the greatest piece of acting that had the umpires fooled since the Bulldogs of 2016!
The Lions seemed immune to Clarko's new holding the ball rule didn't they? Poor Parfitt got pinged twice for being the only bloke willing to put his head over the ball - he'll learn from it. 🤣

Back