Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 6 - Cats v Lions Thurs July 9th (Cats 11.7.73 d Lions 6.10.46)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The reason is clarkson.

Its a slippery game and the umps are pinging every holding the ball imaginable with no prior.
The interpretation needed a slight tweak instead they have changed it completely. Some of the HTB decisions now paid where a player picks up the ball and they are tackled straight away goes against everything we want in the game. Players will soon not pick up the ball and instead just tap it forward or kick it off the ground to prevent a free getting paid against them. And this is coming from a tiger fan where the new interpretation actually helps us with the way we play.

Not a geelong fan so don't really care but ablett even though he never puts his body on the line gets a game based on his reputation and delivers most of the time whereas jack steven getting a game for the same reason was wrong and it just shows how much better it was having sam simpson in there instead of steven

Ablett doesn't get games on reputation he gets them on contribution. I agree with you on him putting his body in, it just looks to me like he doesn't trust his shoulder at all. One more bump at the wrong angle, a tackle where he might have to stretch awkwardly and his career is done.

Ablett doesn't get games on reputation he gets them on contribution. I agree with you on him putting his body in, it just looks to me like he doesn't trust his shoulder at all. One more bump at the wrong angle, a tackle where he might have to stretch awkwardly and his career is done.

he still tackles well enough.

we were under the pump last night and scraping together 3 goals was all that kept us in it. Ablett kicked one of them and set the other two up.
then for good measure kicked another as we were starting to take control.

if that is what it looks like to get a game on reputation, we can pick his dad too for all I care

he still tackles well enough.

we were under the pump last night and scraping together 3 goals was all that kept us in it. Ablett kicked one of them and set the other two up.
then for good measure kicked another as we were starting to take control.

if that is what it looks like to get a game on reputation, we can pick his dad too for all I care

Yep, absolutely no argument from me on his output, ever.

Not a geelong fan so don't really care but ablett even though he never puts his body on the line gets a game based on his reputation and delivers most of the time whereas jack steven getting a game for the same reason was wrong and it just shows how much better it was having sam simpson in there instead of steven
He is not that style of player. And you need players that are more about skill - just ask Dee supporters. How often does Pendlebury put his body on the line?

I think it's more to do with losing an edge of breakaway pace. He is still an excellent user of the ball but seems to need a fraction more time and space than most players now.

I think it's more to do with losing an edge of breakaway pace. He is still an excellent user of the ball but seems to need a fraction more time and space than most players now.

yep

he measures the body movement and places the ball onto his boot. No wonder he is a cut above when it comes to skill.

but that extra time he once had, because of the break away pace is no longer there. He still has a role to play and could go on another couple of years if he wanted to.

yep

he measures the body movement and places the ball onto his boot. No wonder he is a cut above when it comes to skill.

but that extra time he once had, because of the break away pace is no longer there. He still has a role to play and could go on another couple of years if he wanted to.

Itā€™s offset by his cleanliness with the ball though. There were a few exchanges last night where a player with more pace but a regular skill level wouldnā€™t have been able to take possession to use that pace

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is sooking about frees cheating?
The cheating is about how they milk free kicks as often as possible. Selwood and Dangerfield are particularly guilty of this. Evidence? Go to the prelim last year at the end of the second quarter. Dangerfield academy award. Also Selwood trying to claim a free kick for deliberate out of bounds when it clearly wasn't deliberate and the umpire didn't pay it that way either. This method does occasionally sway the umpires though and it's bloody annoying. Just like Selwood ducking for free kicks

The cheating is about how they milk free kicks as often as possible. Selwood and Dangerfield are particularly guilty of this. Evidence? Go to the prelim last year at the end of the second quarter. Dangerfield academy award. Also Selwood trying to claim a free kick for deliberate out of bounds when it clearly wasn't deliberate and the umpire didn't pay it that way either. This method does occasionally sway the umpires though and it's bloody annoying. Just like Selwood ducking for free kicks
Selwood, danger and ablett had 2 frees for and 7 against last night.

If they are trying to cheat they are comically terrible at it.

Why not? It was a Geelong bash well before the third qtr
Yeah sorry, that's totally my fault. Thanks for quoting! I'll be sure to go back and let everyone know they were naughty naughty.

Iā€™m fine with Brisbane showing they arenā€™t genuine contenders, I want them to prove they are ready before I get behind the hype. Does any team cry for free kicks like Geelong?
I guess you didnā€™t watch the first half then when Bris were on the recieving end of some very dubious calls

still try and use the umpiring as an excuse for 9 goals kicked on you in the third qtr

So how many frees did Joel get again? Conpaired to how many frees against?

come on Iā€™m sure the stats can back upthe drivel you wrote out???

Back