Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 6 - Tigers v Swans Sun July 12th 3:35 AEST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

franchise lol...we have to earn our flags...have a bigger cry Jack
Whilst I loved you 2018 flag, it was the biggest bradbury since, ummm, Bradbury.
Richmonds 2 flags were among the hardest fought against the odds achievements in our code's history.
To go from 12th in 2016 to having the most dominant finals series this century in 2017.
To win in 2019 despite a raft of rule changes designed to "bring Richmond back to the field" and massive injury list leaving us at 17:1 odds to win the flag after round 14, to come back and with the premiership by one of the biggest margins in history.
Now they're impressive feats. And ones that will be celebrated and lauded through the ages. Yours was a lucky win that will also be remembered and celebrated, not for your win, but for who you defeated.

Whilst I loved you 2018 flag, it was the biggest bradbury since, ummm, Bradbury.
Richmonds 2 flags were among the hardest fought against the odds achievements in our code's history.
To go from 12th in 2016 to having the most dominant finals series this century in 2017.
To win in 2019 despite a raft of rule changes designed to "bring Richmond back to the field" and massive injury list leaving us at 17:1 odds to win the flag after round 14, to come back and with the premiership by one of the biggest margins in history.
Now they're impressive feats. And ones that will be celebrated and lauded through the ages. Yours was a lucky win that will also be remembered and celebrated, not for your win, but for who you defeated.

O.B.S.S.E.S.S.I.O.N.

The arrogance of Hardwick to blame the opposition.. Did he think we were just going to step aside and let them buzz around playing their free wheeling style.. You'll playing quite well in the first quarter, even though you were gift goaled your first one. After that maybe you thought the win would come easy and then the rain came..

This is still going on wow cant we let it go and that goes to West Coast supporters as well. BTW I will take a Bradbury flag any day of the week.

The arrogance of Hardwick to blame the opposition.. Did he think we were just going to step aside and let them buzz around playing their free wheeling style.. You'll playing quite well in the first quarter, even though you were gift goaled your first one. After that maybe you thought the win would come easy and then the rain came..
Richmond played crap in the forward line and Hardwick needs to find a way to counter this flooding because it is effective in shutting down our scoring. Saying that it’s all Sydney’s fault is a cop out.

However, Sydney’s the one who implemented this gamestyle to begin with. They hardly looked like they were wanting to score or win in this game. It’s not a good look when a team plays to get the scoreline as close to a nil-all draw as they can. Hence, he’s not wrong in saying that the spectacle was horrendous and Sydney were the core reason.

I'm pretty sure there were two teams out there, and I noticed that Richmond's players were trying to stop the Swans
from scoring but maybe I'm mistaken. I guess I'm surprised that last years premiers were completely at the mercy of
the team that came 15th last year and is coming 17th this year, but that seems to be the general consensus about the
game.

hahaha really? The heat map does not lie. How could Sydney possibly win when most of their players were in our forward line getting their possessions.
They needed a road map to find where their forward line was :p
Sydney is lucky it rained as our first 3 goals came in the first qtr when it wasn't raining. Your bias is ridiculously funny.

View attachment 911253

This pretty much sums it up. We couldn't break it down and to be honest looked happy to adapt to that game style. However when you are 3 goals up in the rain with the opposition happy to sit back, i would sit back too. No danger of losing that game until Sydney decided to change things and attack. Still looked disinterested which is concerning.

Richmond topped the metres gained for Round 6 with 5,436 which should off 2020 figures generate between (20 and 25) Scoring
Shots however they only managed 14. Luckily for them Sydney who had 4,832 metres gained which should generate between
(18 to 20) Scoring Shots could only manage 11. IF- Melbourne were done for tanking. THEN- John Longmire should expect a
phone call this week. Auskick quality guys, lots of outs and excuses, but seriously.

No doubting Longmire played defensively, but given we are a bottom 2-3 side basically playing youth, I have no problem with it.
Especially as we were essentially in that game until late in the last, if it had managed to pinch a win even better.

So bit rich for Hardwick to be having a whinge, given he did very little to try combat it in any way...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubting Longmire played defensively, but given we are a bottom 2-3 side basically playing youth, I have no problem with it.
Especially as we were essentially in that game until late in the last, if it had managed to pinch a win even better.

So bit rich for Hardwick to be having a whinge, given he did very little to try combat it in any way...
How can you combat 18 opposition players in your forward half? More to the point, why would you when we had the win sewn up 10 minutes into the game?

Like Dimma said swans never looked like trying to win it.That horrendous game was all Longmire.

Go park your Bus......

We were expecting you to try to score at some point, yes.

Richmond topped the metres gained for Round 6 with 5,436 which should off 2020 figures generate between (20 and 25) Scoring
Shots however they only managed 14. Luckily for them Sydney who had 4,832 metres gained which should generate between
(18 to 20) Scoring Shots could only manage 11. IF- Melbourne were done for tanking. THEN- John Longmire should expect a
phone call this week. Auskick quality guys, lots of outs and excuses, but seriously.
Swans have Papley leading the Coleman. Seems counterintuitive to have the leading goal kicker in the competition while tanking.
Had Longmire deliberately injured all key forwards and rucks in the team, throw in Kennedy and Heeney to the mix then yes he should be pulled up on tanking.

I counted 15 swans players in our forward 50

Telling the truth isnt arrogance...your coach sucks

Fmd did anyone see jono brown's on the couch bit defending Sydney?

Apparently it's all garthwaite's fault.....and he didn't even play.

The media are patheticly biased

Swans have Papley leading the Coleman. Seems counterintuitive to have the leading goal kicker in the competition while tanking.
Had Longmire deliberately injured all key forwards and rucks in the team, throw in Kennedy and Heeney to the mix then yes he should be pulled up on tanking.
Imagine if Carlton had got Papley and you got Joe Daniher, you would have more guys in rehab. Melbourne did not have Robbie
Fox at full back at least Horse is trying things, playing Will Gould or "Big Willy" might be good if uninjured.

Back