Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 6 - Tigers v Swans Sun July 12th 3:35 AEST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond-vs-Sydney.png

2020 TOYOTA AFL PREMIERSHIP
Round 6 • RICHMOND V SYDNEY
SUNDAY JULY 12TH 3:35 AEST (Gabba)

Tipping on BigFooty's own system.
Tip now - $1000 in cash prizes.

Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won.

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

ROUND 6 TEAMS

TIGERS

B: N.Broad, D.Grimes, N.Balta
HB: J.Short, N.Vlastuin, L.Baker
C: K.McIntosh, J.Graham, J.Caddy
HF: J.Aarts, D.Rioli, J.Castagna
F: D.Martin, T.Lynch, J.Riewoldt
FOLL: I.Soldo, M.Pickett, K.Lambert
I/C (from): J.Higgins, R.Garthwaite, D.Eggmolesse-Smith, M.Chol, R.Collier-Dawkins, C.Coleman-Jones, J.Ross, S.Bolton

IN: J.Graham, I.Soldo, M.Pickett, R.Garthwaite, D.Eggmolesse-Smith, C.Coleman-Jones, R.Collier-Dawkins, J.Ross, S.Bolton
OUT: D.Prestia (Injured), T.Nankervis (injured), T.Cotchin (injured), B.Houli (managed), S.Edwards (managed)

SWANS

B: C.O’Riordan, D.Rampe, J.Lloyd
HB: C.Mills, J.Dawson, R.Clarke
C: D.Stephens, L.Parker, O.Florent
HF: G.Hewett, I.Heeney, N.Blakey
F: S.Gray, W.Hayward, T.Papley
FOLL: H.McLean, J.Rowbottom, J.Kennedy
I/C (from): R.Stoddart, H.Cunningham, J.McInerney, A.Aliir, J.Bell, R.Fox, L.Taylor, C.Warner

IN: D.Stephens, R.Stoddart, R.Fox, J.Bell, L.Taylor, C.Warner
OUT: L.Melican (injured), B.Ronke (injured)

Last edited:

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Haven’t lost at the Gabba since 2004, quite an amazing streak really. Can our run continue at our unofficial home ground or will the swans take advantage of our depleted team?

Olian

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2013
Between the Bridges
AFL Club
Sydney
Only three players over 190cm playing this week. Our injury list isn’t long just exclusive to those with height. Can’t see the Swans forwards kicking a winning score. No rucks to talk off makes it hard.

However with the Tigers outs and the chance of rain this should be a little closer.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Only three players over 190cm playing this week. Our injury list isn’t long just exclusive to those with height. Can’t see the Swans forwards kicking a winning score. No rucks to talk off makes it hard.

However with the Tigers outs and the chance of rain this should be a little closer.
It's unpredictable, which is the challenge. The Swans are small, so if they just bomb it long then Grimes, Vlastuin and Balta will take 30 marks between them and have a field day, but if it rains and the Swans lower the eyes it puts up a different look than we are used to.

Its a contest given the outs of the Tigers, a big chunk of lost talent and experience in a week.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Heeney , Parker , Kennedy

They are all gun players and with Richmond missing Prestia/Cotchin their mids could do some damage but our backs should be upto the challenge and our foward line should be ontop with sufficiant fire power. Just have to get the ball in the middle

That sucks.

Who is injured and what role they play hurts a lot more than sheer numbers.

I remember (many) years ago, Richmond 'only' had 3 or 4 injuries, but they were all our tall defenders. Some of the matchups we were forced to have were just frightening (from memory, that's when we played 185cm Duncan Kellaway on Wayne Carey...it turned out surprising well, but it was clearly an act of desperation).

It also depends on who you're playing, so Richmond having 4 quality 'smalls' out (Cotchin, Prestia, Edwards & Houli) in a week we're playing a team whose strength is their midfield on a day that's likely to be very wet is also a bad twist of fate.

I know the tips are in Richmond's favor, but given all the variables here (injury, location, weather, form in these AFLX games), I don't think anyone should be confident.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back