Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 7 - Dockers v Eagles Sun July 19th 6:35PM AEST (Optus) Match Highlights in OP

OÌWho will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Dockers by a goal or less

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Dockers by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • Dockers by a lot

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Keen for the game today, should be an entertaining one.

With the players Freo have out, can't see this one being even close. A shame really, but you have to be realistic.

West Coast by 50+
I'd usually agree but West Coast haven't been good either so I reckon it'll be closer.

Eagles should win comfortably but have been impressed with Fremantle’s grit and willingness to fight and stay in the contest despite being undermanned

Keen for the game today, should be an entertaining one.

I'd usually agree but West Coast haven't been good either so I reckon it'll be closer.
I like your optimism

No Fyfe
Massive injuries to the back 6 including Hamling, Logue, Conca, Young and Pearce who are all genuine talent.
Missing Hogan and Sturt up forward - also genuine talent.
Eagles 10 players over 150 games (Freo 3)
Eagles ave 2 years older and over 50 games more experience across the ground.
Eagles in Premiership window.

It's probably best described as an unwinnable game.

Shuey reported to be moving ok so maybe an in, would prefer they err on the side of caution and give him a rest.
Little concerned that shuey and kelly are better separate in rhe midfied - perhaps the rotation should have one of them in the forward line and rotate from there

Gaff to win the Glendinning medal for best on ground.

If Freo can keep it to under 6 goals it'll be as good as a win for them.

Derby stat of the day ....

Fremantle's W/L record:

When Matthew Pavlich plays:
19W - 15L

When Matthew Pavlich doesn't play:
1W -15L

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gaff to win the Glendinning medal for best on ground.

If Freo can keep it to under 6 goals it'll be as good as a win for them.

An honest comment here.

Freo have nothing to lose, they are expected to be outgunned by the Eagles simply because of personnel available. A loss of 70+ points would be not nice from a supporters point of view.

Eagles have more on their plate. On the Gold Coast, a number of their games they gave very insipid performances, as I think they didn’t have their heads in the right place (various reasons). Now that they are home, will they be rejuvenated and blow the opposition away, and thus get the old monkey on their back of “flat track bullies” ?. In one way, how much they win by will raise questions either way, too little = complacent & heads not right, too much = flat trackers.

I probably haven’t expressed it very well, but the trip to the Gold Coast has left a lot more question marks over the Eagles, than Freo.

I’m wishing for a good, hard fought fair game. Eagles by under 30 points, in a good quality game, will make me go away relaxed.

Agree from the % point of view, but I was referring to the perception that some players mentally didn’t “log in” for their early Gold Coast games.

They definitely didn’t and a strong chance of doing the same today.

Elliot Yeo, Jack Darling, Jeremy McGovern, most of the middle tier guys etc

Warm and Cold in 2020.

Back