Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 7 - Dockers v Eagles Sun July 19th 6:35PM AEST (Optus) Match Highlights in OP

OÌWho will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Dockers by a goal or less

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Dockers by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • Dockers by a lot

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Total_Juddshanks

Premiership Player
Aug 4, 2005
Fee
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
The good ones
The thing which sticks in my head every time I watch fremantle is how ridiculous it is that Taberner still hasn't fixed his kicking on goal.

He's strong, agile, covers ground and has a brilliant set of mitts, if someone could teach him to take set shots at even an average AFL level of conversion he'd be the second coming of Jonathan Brown.

As it is, his set shots are so bad they affect his decision making- you can tell he shits himself every time he takes a mark because he's so scared of what comes next.

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
The thing which sticks in my head every time I watch fremantle is how ridiculous it is that Taberner still hasn't fixed his kicking on goal.

He's strong, agile, covers ground and has a brilliant set of mitts, if someone could teach him to take set shots at even an average AFL level of conversion he'd be the second coming of Jonathan Brown.

As it is, his set shots are so bad they affect his decision making- you can tell he shits himself every time he takes a mark because he's so scared of what comes next.
From my point of view personally on Taberner, is that his problem is that he thinks too much, and when he puts too much thought into things he butchers it. Whenever he just turns around and throws it on the boot he usually does well.

Jan 14, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Why are the derbys so underwhelming compared to the showdowns?
Showdowns are definitely more epic, though there is a reason why...
images - 2020-07-19T214749.663.jpeg

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
Freo supporters were all chirpy early in the season because the Eagles could only kick 6 goals

6 goals still beats freo though
Mate would it honestly kill you to show a bit of positivity and humility for once? You beat is fair and square. That's all there is to it.

Total_Juddshanks

Premiership Player
Aug 4, 2005
Fee
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
The good ones
10 in a row.
1800 days since Freo have beaten us.
Yeah but just like the previous ten games Freo were undermanned and the umpires screwed them over and if a few key moments had gone their way things might have been totally different.

So all in all, good signs for them, there is every chance they may win a derby before man walks on mars.

Mar 30, 2008
The Phase Realm
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Freo , Coney Island Warriors.
Yeah but just like the previous ten games Freo were undermanned and the umpires screwed them over and if a few key moments had gone their way things might have been totally different.

So all in all, good signs for them, there is every chance they may win a derby before man walks on mars.

Gee whiz. Just take the win and move on.

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm sorry, but this argument is just a laugh. Shuey is not even remotely close to Fyfe. He's a good player, yes, but not in the same league.

1x Premiership medal + 1x Norm Smith medal >>>>> 2x Brownlow medals

Shue played possibly his best game in the most important game of his career. Fyfe racks up votes in a weak team.

May 11, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Far out, West Coast supporters sure do like to punch down don't they?

Fairly certain Fremantle supporters have it hard enough having to watch their own team, let alone have you fruit loops wave your wands around.

I honestly don't remember them being this chirpy when we kicked 2.19 either, so I'm suspecting it's because West Coast are celebrating their grand final for the year.

Coaster2012

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Manchester City, Lakers

Fairly certain Fremantle supporters have it hard enough having to watch their own team, let alone have you fruit loops wave your wands around.

I honestly don't remember them being this chirpy when we kicked 2.19 either, so I'm suspecting it's because West Coast are celebrating their grand final for the year.

We really couldn't care less if we beat you these days, but i've never heard your mob make up so many excuses after a loss.

woosha24

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast

Dont act like your mob wont carry on when Freo eventually win a derby again.

Im sure on that day we'll claim that half our side is injured and the umps are out to get us too, just like you lot have for the last 5 years.

Apr 25, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
stirling senators

Orrrrrrr (sad face) whos a sore loser boy?
Don't worry you will get to chirp again one day some time in the future.Maybe .But for now you now 🤗😘

Last edited:
May 11, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
We really couldn't care less if we beat you these days, but i've never heard your mob make up so many excuses after a loss.
Yeah well, I can't control them lol

If Freo don't cough up easy turnovers then it's a different game, but more importantly it's super evident how far we've got to go. Your lot aren't too crash hot and we made you look like superstars, hopefully we put down all our old players and we'll be better in the future for it.

Back