Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 7 - Hawks v Demons Sun July 19th 3:35pm AEST (GS) Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Demons by a goal or less

• Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What is the difference between Petracca being held after disposing of the ball and a free down field (3 metres away) being called, and Dusty last night being held after disposing and it being a 50m penalty?

Gawn started a little slow this season, but his last 5 quarters have been immense. He’s at his best when he’s intercept marking everything like he did in that quarter.

Not 15?

It was ******* 20.

This frustrates me no end. Almost always in backline umpire screams “Not 15” as the player kicks, and half the time the recipient is moving and it’s comfortably 15 by the time he marks.

This one was just flat wrong.

Then in the forward line kicks barely over 10 metres to a leading player paid for the opposite reason, leading player was more than 15 away as it was kicked but not once marked.

It’s too consistent to be coincidence. I reckon umpires are told to be strict in the backline, and lenient in the forward line to encourage goals.

Last edited:
What is the difference between Petracca being held after disposing of the ball and a free down field (3 metres away) being called, and Dusty last night being held after disposing and it being a 50m penalty?
Richmond

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

This frustrates me know end. Almost always in backline umpire screams “Not 15” as the player kicks, and half the time the recipient is moving and it’s comfortably 15 by the time he marks. This one was just flat wrong.

Then in the forward line kicks barely over 10 metres to a leading player paid for the opposite reason, leading player was more than 15 away as it was kicked but not once marked.

It’s too consistent to be coincidence. I reckon umpires are told to be strict in the backline, and lenient in the forward line to encourage goals.

💯.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back