Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 7 - Hawks v Demons Sun July 19th 3:35pm AEST (GS) Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Demons by a goal or less

• Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
25D7E293-BD6C-4FDE-8EC7-FCF73F8C533A.png

2020 TOYOTA AFL PREMIERSHIP
Round 7 • HAWTHORN V MELBOURNE
SUNDAY JULY 19TH 3:35PM AEST (GS)

Tipping on BigFooty's own system.
Tip now - $1000 in cash prizes.

Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won.

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

ROUND 7 TEAMS

HAWKS

B: S.Frost, J.Frawley, B.Stratton
HB: B.Hardwick, B.McEvoy, J.Sicily
C: T.Scully, J.O’Meara, I.Smith
HF: W.Day, T.O’Brien, C.Wingard
F: R.Henderson, J.Gunston, S.Burgoyne
FOLL: J.Ceglar, J.Worpel, T.Mitchell
I/C (from): J.Morris, L.Shiels, H.Morrison, P.Puopolo, M.Lewis, D.Minchington, J.Scrimshaw, H.Jones

IN: S.Burgoyne, D.Minchington, M.Lewis, J.Scrimshaw, H.Jones
OUT: J.Patton (injured)

DEMONS

B: J.Lockart, J.Lever, O.McDonald
HB: C.Salem, S.May, M.Hibberd
C: E.Langdon, C.Oliver, J.Harmes
HF: K.Pickett, S.Weideman, A.vandenBerg
F: A.Brayshaw, M.Hannan, H.Bennell
FOLL: M.Gawn, C.Petracca, J.Viney
I/C (from): N.Jones, L.Jackson, J.Melksham, A.Tomlinson, A.Neal-Bullen, B.Fritsch, N.Jetta, J.Smith

IN: N.Jones, L.Jackson, A.Tomlinson, A.Neal-Bullen, J.Smith
OUT: T.McDonald (injured)

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
  • Admin
You forgot me Wooshette, i know i am only Hawthorn versus Melbourne, but i am AFL standard honest.
Generally I don’t stick all the threads at once day 1 coz it looks rather crowded up there. But what the hell, it’s 2020 what else have we got.

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Both teams playing stodgey, uninspiring game styles will be a low scoring slog I imagine.

We actually looked positive last week, much improved and definitely better to watch than any other stage during the season with exception of the first quarter against Carlton.

Question remains if that was a flash in the pan or a genuine change to the team.

I like the selection of Jackson over Brown to replace McDonald, it opens up a lot more versatility for us. Having two tall targets (regardless of experience) changes the way teams have to set up against us as opposed to the one tall set-up we had been using. There was a lot less risk for opposition defenses zoning off their man to defend the constant long bombs into our 50 when McDonald was our lone tall target. We never had a chance to actually bring the ball to ground and take advantage of our smaller more mobile forward line because McDonald never actually got a consistent shot at bringing the ball to ground because teams knew where the long ball in was always going to go and there'd always be someone able to come in and intercept. Also Ceglar going out and taking McEvoy out of defense is a blow to Hawthorn both structurally and losing an important player. I'd love for Gawn to spend time deep forward while Jackson gets a decent run in the ruck, inexperience aside I think he'd be at least able to hold his own with his athletic ability.

Also personally like Puopolo getting dropped, always seems to bob up with a few goals regardless of how he's been going.

Not sure how we're favourites for this. We clearly can't play this ground. And while GWS and Pies are better sides than Melbourne, there's been very little to nothing to suggest that the way we're playing recently can beat any side.

Burtman

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We actually looked positive last week, much improved and definitely better to watch than any other stage during the season with exception of the first quarter against Carlton.

Question remains if that was a flash in the pan or a genuine change to the team.

I like the selection of Jackson over Brown to replace McDonald, it opens up a lot more versatility for us. Having two tall targets (regardless of experience) changes the way teams have to set up against us as opposed to the one tall set-up we had been using. There was a lot less risk for opposition defenses zoning off their man to defend the constant long bombs into our 50 when McDonald was our lone tall target. We never had a chance to actually bring the ball to ground and take advantage of our smaller more mobile forward line because McDonald never actually got a consistent shot at bringing the ball to ground because teams knew where the long ball in was always going to go and there'd always be someone able to come in and intercept. Also Ceglar going out and taking McEvoy out of defense is a blow to Hawthorn both structurally and losing an important player. I'd love for Gawn to spend time deep forward while Jackson gets a decent run in the ruck, inexperience aside I think he'd be at least able to hold his own with his athletic ability.

Also personally like Puopolo getting dropped, always seems to bob up with a few goals regardless of how he's been going.
Lol you’ve got a weird perspective on things, these changes are pretty much what every hawthorn supporter wants, now we don’t have six 6 foot 4 plus guys in our backline. We’ve got our top 5 ruckman back In the ruck, the super inconsistent ceglar is out of the team, and poppy hasn’t been dangerous around goals for 2 years. And also I’m stoked that Jackson is playing over Mitch brown, cause I feel he’ll have a lot less impact than brown at this early stage of his career

Loser of this is done for 2020. Win and the season still alive.
Shouldn’t Melbourne be better than hawks by this stage? When you look at the trajectory of the teams. Melbourne should be top 4 and hawks average. Melbourne losing the bigger story for mine.

Hawthorn have had the hardest fixture this year.

Bring-Back-Powell

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2005
Seattle
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Mariners
Loser of this is done for 2020. Win and the season still alive.
Shouldn’t Melbourne be better than hawks by this stage? When you look at the trajectory of the teams. Melbourne should be top 4 and hawks average. Melbourne losing the bigger story for mine.
Harsh but a definitely fair assessment on the Dees.

Back