Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 7 - Tigers v North Sat July 18th 7:40pm AEST (Metricon) Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • North by a goal or less

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

2.11 must be the worst return in a dry game for years. Anyone have stats to hand?
To be fair to North, it was pseudo-dry. The conditions are extremely dewy at this time of the night at Metricon, meaning that handling the ball was like handling a bar of soap for both sides.

To be fair to North, it was pseudo-dry. The conditions are extremely dewy at this time of the night at Metricon, meaning that handling the ball was like handling a bar of soap for both sides.
Reckon North was purposely dropping the soap?

After round 2 people thought you'd be top 4! I for one was fooled..... I predicted a North v St Kilda GF the way results were falling early on lol.
I didn't think we'd be top 4. But I also didn't think we'd lose the next 5 and be 17th. We've gone from second to second last in a month, which is pathetic.
We do have a truck load of injuries, but it's more than that..

1595075548110.png

I just don't think North have a very good list. I predicted them to be bottom four. On the bright side for the Kangaroos you are no way near as bad as the Crows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like North need to move on MacMillan, Hall, Atley, Wood, Campbell, Garner and maybe Williams at the end of the year. Pittard was good last year and Walker has been solid this season, but they’re stop gap measures, and also not a part of the future. Also hard to see Jacobs ever getting back as a contributor. There are too many guys in their mid to late twenties who are mediocre, I get that you can’t move on 10 guys at once, but they need a clean out.

I didn't think we'd be top 4. But I also didn't think we'd lose the next 5 and be 17th. We've gone from second to second last in a month, which is pathetic.
We do have a truck load of injuries, but it's more than that..

View attachment 914686
Fair injury list no doubt! This weird year with so many breaks ect hasn't helped. We can now add Caddy to our list ffs.

Richmond's biggest win against North since 1971; had a particularly dire record against them in past 30 years so great to get an easy win against them for once.

Amazing we get our first home and away game against them not at marvel or in tassie since 2012.

Their record is inflated by the fact we havent played them at home in 8 years

I just don't think North have a very good list. I predicted them to be bottom four. On the bright side for the Kangaroos you are no way near as bad as the Crows.
Well we lucky we are 2 games ahead of the crows atm but the crows list is better I expect the Crows to pass North before seasons end.

I wouldnt be too critical of North, yes they were horrible, but they lost their captain early (shouldn't have played really), Simpkin missed parts of the game and overall they are hit pretty hard by injury. So are the Tigers, but lets face it North arent Richmond right now.

Only last week the Tiges and Swans barely scored more, and we have seen a number of teams have deathly low scores this year. Its just the reality of this season, there are some real challenges and stinker performances being put in. Tiges have scored only 5 goals a few times, and North kicked really poorly.

I still think North are on the right track with Shaw, this is his first real season and its been ruined by COVID. He at least deserves a shot under normal circumstances with a healthy list before he gets judged too hard.

Not sure why I thought North would beat us, maybe their good recent record and the fact we weren’t playing well. We played the best we have all season and started to get back the connection we’ve been missing all year. North however are the worst team I’ve watched all year, long season ahead for the shinboners.

Back